Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:10:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: with bitcoin can I get an island?  (Read 1527 times)
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:19:13 PM

are governments really accepting? thank you for answering  Smiley
I think government is not accepting bitcoin as a payment if you want to buy an island because they don't recognize bitcoin as a legal currency and it depends on the country if they have a law about banning bitcoins but if you have a lot of bitcoin you can exchange in to real money then go buy the island that you want.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:27:55 PM

I think government is not accepting bitcoin as a payment if you want to buy an island because they don't recognize bitcoin as a legal currency and it depends on the country if they have a law about banning bitcoins but if you have a lot of bitcoin you can exchange in to real money then go buy the island that you want.

Wow! OP really has that kind of resources to buy himself an island? great for him, well apparently I think you can surely buy your own island by exchanging your bitcoin with fiat money, but how would you buy an island using bitcoin directly, well In my opinion I think what you would need to find is a person that owns one, and accepting bitcoin as a payment, there is no need to inform the government that you will buy one, or if that island is possessed by a group of people then you need to pursue in buying it to all of that people, because the needed part of buying a land is the title of that certain land.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:11:40 AM

lately there is an island offered to me for  $215K with an unexplored cave that means worth at least 50.8 BTC which get me really hyped but I don't think they will accept bitcoin worth $215k as a payment specially since its a rural area and processing titles and fees are more likely through cash.

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:44:15 AM

in 5 years you can buy an island for 1 BTC. So just HODL; and stop speculating-. There is no point trying to buy dips and highs. Sooner or later you will be run over, and wish you hodled.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:03:33 AM

Of course it can. which is important to save hard and work hard to get a lot of bitcoin. btw, why do you want to own a private island? would not it be better if the bitcoin was used for something else.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:12:02 AM

If Roger Ver can get a St Kitts Nevis passport using Bitcoins, then I think that it might be possible for you to purchase an island with the same payment medium. You need to inquire with the real estate agents. Since the amount is very large, many of them will be willing to add Bitcoins as the payment option.
Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

The idea of buying an island is much more interesting than the idea to use bitcoin when paying bills in a cafe / shop / taxi. And even if bitcoin is not accepted for a specific desired island, you can sell it. Especially if you bought bitcoin for a long time, and now it has grown so much that it allows you to make such significant purchases. Smiley
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:02:42 PM

You don't have to buy the island from the government. And after all Bitcoin is readily exchangeable for fiat. So a person who holds bitcoins should have no problems in realizing its value.

annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:09:07 PM

Hello author! Yes with bitcoin you can buy a lot of things! You can visit Russia and buy some funny and angry mishka's ( bears) and do a lot funny things. Of course you can buy an island and even piece of moon or oxygen form Justin Biber concert in the bottle but just answer for what?) For what or why you want buy some islands in some place)))
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

You can buy anything with Bitcoins, you just need to find someone accepting it as payment... An island isn't the limit, you can buy enough lands to build your own kingdom if you have enough money and a open minded seller. I would just negotiate it very well, as Bitcoin worth a lot on long term I wouldn't offer a big amount of Bitcoins for the island, I would try buying cheaper as possible with the promise the currency will price a lot in some years.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
donotlean

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:06:28 PM

Firstly,i want to asking you something.Why you wanna buy island with bitcoin.why you dont sell and buy it normal ways.if it is because of legal issues,you can sell your bitcoins  where you can buy something with bitcoin

Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

If you are wealthy and have the right pocket then you can buy anything and the only hurdle is for the seller to accept bitcoin ,but i wonder why get an island where you wont get anything,it is just a shit place to be in the first place when there is nothing happening,so why bother spending your money just like that. Roll Eyes
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:18:55 PM

Of course you can if you have about 1000 - 2000 BTC. LOL. I believe that you've read some news about rich people have their own island so if you have enough money I think can buy 1 or maybe 2 islands for yourself. But I think you still need to exchange your Bitcoin into cash first cause it's not easy to find out anyone willing to receive Bitcoin for this case Cheesy
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:29:27 PM

I don't know about islands. It's very possible that you can buy one with bitcoin. There is a citizenship for sell and they accept bitcoin (if you are interested):
https://cointelegraph.com/news/you-can-buy-vanuatu-citizenship-with-bitcoin-43-btc-worth-today

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: