Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What cryptos do you hold when the market is going down, and which you dump?  (Read 701 times)
catlovedog (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:33:56 PM

What cryptos do you hold when the market is going down, and which you dump?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:08:06 PM

I don't think that selling anything is worth when market is going down.
You should plan beter you crypto moves.
And you should selling on way up not down -  know this is very hard.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:20:45 PM

I don't think that selling anything is worth when market is going down.
You should plan beter you crypto moves.
And you should selling on way up not down -  know this is very hard.
That’s is how trading coins should be. If people really wanted to not have their coin in some Bitcoin Exchange then that’s better for the market as well. It’s usually the trader that sells his coin in a panic because he noticed that the price was going down then that trader will cause a spike in the chart, that will cause more panicking and cause the price to go down even more. That is why Bitcoin and all these Altcoins are made because they don’t have to be with the money from the government. We could trade it for something special.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
timet678

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:56:24 AM

One I invested in called Smart Investment Fund(SIFT) would be a good choice for holding during a downturn. Basically they specialize in short term trades(Minutes to hours) and when they are not trading the whole fund is in cash. This means they can take advantage of volatility so it doesn't matter if they market is going up or down.

shipon420

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:08:31 AM

When the market is going down i buy wave and hold it
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:10:51 AM

when the market is going down like recent days, i would rather hold cash than any other cryptos, and i will buy some as i think the price is at the bottom
bananadines

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:16:10 AM

I only hold coins that are fundamental good and have a good potential to grow in the future and in long term. I dont stress myself, if the coins is going to correct a bit. I just buy more in that situation, because I know this investment will grow up in the future,

I dump all the coins that are just bad and only got pumped because of a hype or some news.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

I am not even dumping single coin or token while huge dump already happening it's common in cryptoworld once after huge dump there should be a nice pump so I trying to collect some more coins while it's really cheap.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:27:24 AM

I'm taking a bit of Ethereum right now, and when the market price goes down I'm still loyal to my ETH. As long as we do not panic and take experience from the previous year, a we will get used to holding back and buying again when market prices go down. And sure you will get a profit later.
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:28:46 AM

The end of this year is very difficult to wait cryptos up. so I do not think to sell and discard the cryptos I have, I will keep cryptos until cryptos market price goes up.
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:35:44 AM

I don't think it's ever a good idea to sell a coin when it's lower than when you bought it unless it's a dead coin and even then you've got to have some darn good evidence for that to be the case. Very rarely do I even buy into a coin that turns belly up so this doesn't happen very often (maybe once, twice). I always hold my coins because the people who sell when it's down are those that lose money to those that make money, see what I mean?

All the sells on the drop are those who bought too high and are trying to recover their profits. Real traders hold it because they know they made a good investment AND they buy more when it's down. So when I bought a coin too high I buy even more when it's low to pad the losses I just took - but I'm going to sell it when it jumps back up anyways, so it works out. HODL!
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:39:33 AM

Apparently, now, when the crypto currency market has sharply gone down, first of all it is necessary to invest in its old trusted leaders - bitcoin and etherium. Also, depending on the interests and the situation, you can invest in any other promising currency, as long as its downward course allows. This is a good time for shopping.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:51:43 AM

I hold onto everything I have.  I try to never dump anything when it's a bear market.  It will just hurt twice as much if not more when the market recovers. 
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:19:55 AM

there is nothing I throw away if the market is down. but I instead bought lots and hold for long-term investments.
I've saved some btc and eth. I also plan to add altcoin for my future assets later.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:45:24 AM

i dump ALL my altcoins because they are ALL hopeless to keep their prices up in any case. and i move it all back to bitcoin and hold that.

in case bitcoin was falling i make sure that i am early not too late to the dip. then if i was still early i sell some bitcoin to have money ready to buy more coins with profit out of the hands of newbies.

and after the dip ended i come back to find which altcion is getting pumped to buy that and enjoy more profits on my bitcoin which is now also rising again.

Buying the dip...
dlorah111

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:00:41 AM

I just hold all. It is too much hassle for me to keep trading. Tried that some times but I am not good at it so I lose money. I just dump when I had enough of a coin and want another nice coin.
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:05:57 AM

Omisego and deeponion, why? Deeponion pretty good 2 weeks ago the price went up 2-3 from the previous price and their community is pretty good and solid, omisego they have a good marketing team in the future would be good. I'll sell it maybe when I need money
Thinvestor

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:09:03 AM

Lisk tends to follow bitcoin very closely, so I dont mind holding that, shift is always at around $1.30-$1.80 regardless it seems, so again I dont mind holding that, everything else is bitcoin. Am trying to gather as much syscoin as I can whilst its cheap as fuck, huge potential and a real sleeping giant I feel.....

The simpler it is, the better I like it
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:05:24 AM

I will hold on to BTC when the crash happens, if BTC failed, all coins are doomed. After the panick is over, I will switch to altercoins that are moving faster than BTC, eventually when the price stabilize, convert them back to BTC when the ratio is good. 
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

OMG seems to rebound very well after the market finished the downturn.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: