Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: is CEX.IO a SCAM?
its a SCAM - 6 (37.5%)
its just Slow - 10 (62.5%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is CEX.IO a SCAM?  (Read 2792 times)
gozames

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:22:52 AM

2018-01-04 20:14:00 i made eth withdrawal of 5.18185700 eth to my ledger nano s. I STILL DID NOT RECEIVED THEM!!! Thats not funny and for me its big money. At the current price its about 5.8 K USD!!! Support doesnt help at all just ignore. Thats not the way cex.io should appreciate its customers. HELP ME! ID up109341044

Waiting mine 5 days already, check there FB page you will have lot of fun Cheesy They just don't care!
espilitus

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:05:58 PM

0x75e7f640bf6968b6f32c47a3cd82c3c2c9dcae68 is this wallet belongs to cex.io? Because i found out that my transaction which i did not received somehow went to this wallet. When i was withdrawing i put in correct address. So do the email from cex.io says. If this wallet really belong to cex.io thats a totally scam. The hash of this transaction is showing up as succesful. But the hash in the cex.io "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash". SO WTF?
gozames

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:44:02 PM

0x75e7f640bf6968b6f32c47a3cd82c3c2c9dcae68 is this wallet belongs to cex.io? Because i found out that my transaction which i did not received somehow went to this wallet. When i was withdrawing i put in correct address. So do the email from cex.io says. If this wallet really belong to cex.io thats a totally scam. The hash of this transaction is showing up as succesful. But the hash in the cex.io "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash". SO WTF?

Yes 0x75e7f640bf6968b6f32c47a3cd82c3c2c9dcae68 is there ETH wallet I think, Whats about "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash" this is problem for I think all they need to send transaction to network they have not done this so eth network have no information about transaction, not sure what they are doing still as 5-6 days already gone they can easy fix this like is doing poloniex or any other when this kind of problem occurs they rebroadcasting transactions with higher gas but seams cex.io don't know what to do or don't care

How you detected it's went to this address ?
espilitus

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:14:44 PM

Yes 0x75e7f640bf6968b6f32c47a3cd82c3c2c9dcae68 is there ETH wallet I think, Whats about "Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash" this is problem for I think all they need to send transaction to network they have not done this so eth network have no information about transaction, not sure what they are doing still as 5-6 days already gone they can easy fix this like is doing poloniex or any other when this kind of problem occurs they rebroadcasting transactions with higher gas but seams cex.io don't know what to do or don't care

Hi. Copy yours eth wallet address from cex.io which you can get by chooseing deposit. Then paste that address to etherscan.io. There you will see where your eth gone. I think they are waiting for more eth pumping. Then after dump they will send our eth to us... I dont have any other idea.
gozames

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:16:40 AM

Hi. Copy yours eth wallet address from cex.io which you can get by chooseing deposit. Then paste that address to etherscan.io. There you will see where your eth gone. I think they are waiting for more eth pumping. Then after dump they will send our eth to us... I dont have any other idea.

I think eth have foul to pump to 1300-1500 so this can't be a reason, I think they don't have blockchain tech guy or this guy don't know what to do and they really waiting for eth network to confirm transaction which not exists Cheesy But we should think positively if ETH still will be able to confirm such transaction we can see eth at 2500-5000 this will be new exclusive tech of ETh (Telepathic Communication With Blockchain)Cheesy Cheesy

Hope they will say something soon and will fix this simple problem.
flavius.burca

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:41:38 AM

I have 300,000 EUR blocked in "Bank Transfer Completed" and "SEPA Bank Transfer" with no updates for 2 weeks.

Their support is saying they are working around the clock and it will take extra time but does not say how much.

My guess is that they don't have the money all all withdrawals and are waiting to collect money from people who buy crypto.
bitxchange

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:24:58 PM

CEX.io has stolen my money as it appears so far.

I have account up112960293 and in December I have changed my phone and in the process I lost the 2FA app and I can't log in.
Guess what ? This played very well for cex.io as they probably have major liquidity issues !!!
I have opened tickets 574201, 546283 and others and they respond to these tickets usually in a few hours saying that it will be processed shortly and I need to send documents and proof I am the owner of the account which I kept sending again and again.

No response !!! and I am locked out for over 20 days now.

I guess this is the perfect scenario in which they can spend and use my funds w/o really any issue while I can't login to my account.

In the crypto world of millionaires I gues $2500 is nothing but hey, that's a deposit that I made from my salary and... there are no millions there.
I feel scammed and tricked but in the same time powerless to do too much.

Any advice of what I can do now from anyone?
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:00:25 PM

CEX.io has stolen my money as it appears so far.

I have account up112960293 and in December I have changed my phone and in the process I lost the 2FA app and I can't log in.
Guess what ? This played very well for cex.io as they probably have major liquidity issues !!!
I have opened tickets 574201, 546283 and others and they respond to these tickets usually in a few hours saying that it will be processed shortly and I need to send documents and proof I am the owner of the account which I kept sending again and again.

No response !!! and I am locked out for over 20 days now.

I guess this is the perfect scenario in which they can spend and use my funds w/o really any issue while I can't login to my account.

In the crypto world of millionaires I gues $2500 is nothing but hey, that's a deposit that I made from my salary and... there are no millions there.
I feel scammed and tricked but in the same time powerless to do too much.

Any advice of what I can do now from anyone?

We are happy to inform that the 2FA was disabled for your account.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

I have made several requests to withdraw USD to my MasterCard which I used for deposit. But every time it is rejected. Bank support said, that the problem is not on their side and I have no limits for my card.
CEX.IO support just sends me auto generated answers. So I suppose my $8900 are stuck forever?
up115148891

Please, try adding another card or using bank wire transfer to withdraw the money as we see that the reason for rejection is on the side of your bank.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:02:44 PM

I have 300,000 EUR blocked in "Bank Transfer Completed" and "SEPA Bank Transfer" with no updates for 2 weeks.

Their support is saying they are working around the clock and it will take extra time but does not say how much.

My guess is that they don't have the money all all withdrawals and are waiting to collect money from people who buy crypto.

Kindly tell us your user ID or support ticket number so that we were able to assist.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:04:45 PM

2018-01-04 20:14:00 i made eth withdrawal of 5.18185700 eth to my ledger nano s. I STILL DID NOT RECEIVED THEM!!! Thats not funny and for me its big money. At the current price its about 5.8 K USD!!! Support doesnt help at all just ignore. Thats not the way cex.io should appreciate its customers. HELP ME! ID up109341044

Your transaction was added to the compensation. As soon as the funds are restored, you will be informed.

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:05:41 PM

I think eth have foul to pump to 1300-1500 so this can't be a reason, I think they don't have blockchain tech guy or this guy don't know what to do and they really waiting for eth network to confirm transaction which not exists Cheesy But we should think positively if ETH still will be able to confirm such transaction we can see eth at 2500-5000 this will be new exclusive tech of ETh (Telepathic Communication With Blockchain)Cheesy Cheesy

Hope they will say something soon and will fix this simple problem.

Kindly tell us your user ID or support ticket number to check the case.

fabianji

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:18:09 AM

I have been trading with CEX.io for a couple of months and did a test withdrawal of bitcoin to my wallet yesterday and the [Suspicious link removed]ived in my wallet in just under an hour. So no problems at all.

femse

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:59:25 AM

I am in the same situation. I have asked to withdraw USD and GBP, in 3 separate occasions, in December. For all of them I have received the e-mail confirming the withdrawal, yet I received nothing so far.

The first transaction, amounting to around 20.000 USD, was confirmed in date 2017/12/26. 20 work days and counting.

All the support tickets I opened about the issue got marked as "SOLVED" after an hour or so (probably automatically) without even a word of explanation, no response at all! This is at best a very unprofessional behavior, and indeed feels very scammy. If the transactions have been done, it should not be a problem to provide their details (as I asked in the support tickets).

I do not believe (yet) that CEX is a scam, but the customer service and the withdrawal times definitely need to improve.

I will post an update as soon as something changes.

Username: up114383891
Transaction IDs: 5251477810, 5266045999, 5315844210
PBird

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:34:20 PM

Also issue with CEX.IO.

Wanted to deposit 5K. Already fully verified, but had to again provide all information. That did not lead to anything so asked to cancel the deposit and send the money back to my bank account. I send the money on the 13th of November and still the money is not send back!

Finance is working on it they say, but then nothing happens. Had to provide again all info that they have provided initially and again nothing happened.
I have been very patiënt but very close to taking legal steps.

It seems that CEX is also reading this thread so solve this issue and prove us wrong in thinking that CEX has turned into one big scam!
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:49:01 AM

Also issue with CEX.IO.

Wanted to deposit 5K. Already fully verified, but had to again provide all information. That did not lead to anything so asked to cancel the deposit and send the money back to my bank account. I send the money on the 13th of November and still the money is not send back!

Finance is working on it they say, but then nothing happens. Had to provide again all info that they have provided initially and again nothing happened.
I have been very patiënt but very close to taking legal steps.

It seems that CEX is also reading this thread so solve this issue and prove us wrong in thinking that CEX has turned into one big scam!

Kindly tell us your user ID or support ticket number so that we were able to assist.

martinlee18

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:22:04 PM

I am in the same situation. I have asked to withdraw USD and GBP, in 3 separate occasions, in December. For all of them I have received the e-mail confirming the withdrawal, yet I received nothing so far.

The first transaction, amounting to around 20.000 USD, was confirmed in date 2017/12/26. 20 work days and counting.

All the support tickets I opened about the issue got marked as "SOLVED" after an hour or so (probably automatically) without even a word of explanation, no response at all! This is at best a very unprofessional behavior, and indeed feels very scammy. If the transactions have been done, it should not be a problem to provide their details (as I asked in the support tickets).

I do not believe (yet) that CEX is a scam, but the customer service and the withdrawal times definitely need to improve.

I'm in the very same situation!
USD withdrawal for around 19.000 USD confirmed on 2017/12/26, still no money received. Please update us if you solve this!

My data
UserID: up112944475
Transaction ID: 5251048325

CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:19:12 PM

USD withdrawal for around 19.000 USD confirmed on 2017/12/26, still no money received. Please update us if you solve this!

My data

The issue is caused by the high load on our payment partner and longer transactions processing time. Still, we are working on the resolution of the case. Hopefully we'll manage to do it in the shortest time possible.

femse

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:49:26 PM

My data

The issue is caused by the high load on our payment partner and longer transactions processing time. Still, we are working on the resolution of the case. Hopefully we'll manage to do it in the shortest time possible.

After the announcement that USD and GBP withdrawals via bank are suspended, I received all the money back to my account. Not what I wanted, but better than the limbo in which they were stuck before. I hope the problem will be fixed soon and the website will be fully functional again, this is a big turnoff for traders.
mybtc001

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:23:57 PM

I don't have an account (and I would like to register) but a friend is registered and they are trusted.
The big problem is the withdrawal as already said: sometimes is instant, other time takes days (same source, same destination)!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: