Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VGA/PCIe Splitters  (Read 394 times)
siforek (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:55:40 PM

I've bought these in the past https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JLU0UQ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TWRNEH2276JE & am actually using some right now & seem to work fine. However EVGA will sell me their Y cables(ones they typically include 2 of with PSUs) for $5.99/each. Yes it's more expensive & I'd need to also get 6 pin extensions if 1 Y cable is gonna power 1 GPU & 1 Riser.

My thought was that EVGA cables would be better quality, but they couldn't tell me over the phone what AWG they used. Should I spend 3x as much on EVGA cables & extensions or you think the JacobsParts Y splitters are ok?
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:42:30 AM

if what you have is tried and tested and without issues then why fix  something that is not broke? if in the future you need a replacement get 1 and try it and see for yourself the advantages if any!
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:48:19 AM

I use these sleeved 8-Pin PCI-E splitter to dual 6+2 cables. I really like them since they can be used for 6-pin risers, 8-pin+6-pin GPU's and even for some of my lower wattage single connector 8-pin connector GPU's. The cables are good quality and are made out of 18AWG copper wire which is more conductive, with less resistance the the aluminum wire Jacob cables uses. At that price they are a real good deal. Only downside is since they come from China, you have to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery to the USA.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20CM-Black-Sleeved-8-Pin-PCI-E-GPU-to-Dual-8-6-2-Pin-Splitter-PC/32688175733.html
killerelite

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:59:16 AM

I thinks it better to go with what you already have
  • Since you already know it will work
  • Its Cheaper
  • Don't know where you are getting the Evga ones but this will be faster/quicker delivery
If you aren't in a hurry then buy one of EVGA's and try it before ordering more
siforek (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:08:29 PM

• Its Cheaper
  • Don't know where you are getting the Evga ones but this will be faster/quicker delivery

Yeah I ordered 22 of the ones I already have off JacobsParts/Amazon. As for the EVGA ones I was getting them directly from EVGA. I called them, told them what I needed & they said they'd email me an invoice, which they did. I wish they made sense & honestly if it were just a few $ more each I'd get them but since the Y isn't long enough to reach the riser & the top of the GPU I'd have to buy extensions too.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 03:40:59 PM

• Its Cheaper

Yeah I ordered 22 of the ones I already have off JacobsParts/Amazon. As for the EVGA ones I was getting them directly from EVGA. I called them, told them what I needed & they said they'd email me an invoice, which they did. I wish they made sense & honestly if it were just a few $ more each I'd get them but since the Y isn't long enough to reach the riser & the top of the GPU I'd have to buy extensions too.

Have you looked into what extension cables are available?
It would be weird to go for a high-quality splitter with wire of a certain gauge if you end up getting an extension cable that bottlenecks your current cap.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
siforek (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:06:22 PM

• Its Cheaper

Have you looked into what extension cables are available?
It would be weird to go for a high-quality splitter with wire of a certain gauge if you end up getting an extension cable that bottlenecks your current cap.

Right, that's why I went the way I did. I've tried to get 16AWG everything but most are 18AWG so aside form making my own cables(would do if made sense) it's the best I can do. The only reason I'd need extensions is because the EVGA included 2 Y cables aren't long enough to reach the card & the riser. So I use short extensions to go to the riser. That way 1 cable isn't powering 2 GPUs but 1 & a riser.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: