Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Businessman be the Owner of Bitcoin Market ?  (Read 1424 times)
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:59:43 AM

What if all the rich people come together and buy most of the BITCOINS can this lead to the control of power again in the hands of few.

Not literally own the market but instead he has the power to control or manipulate the market like what have happened this month. I am not quite active but an observer. Since there was a manipulation, thinking that someone invested big amount and with false news, bitcoin had a crisis. But knowing that bitcoin is stronger, more have chosen to hodl.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:27:54 AM

I think that would depend on how much he will invest in the market. If it is a big amount then surely he can be one of the people that can influence in the changes of prices but not the owner of the market. No one holds the market alone, it is run by the whole population and every cent in the market counts. Surely we all have a part in the growth or war on bitcoin.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:45:00 AM

What if all the rich people come together and buy most of the BITCOINS can this lead to the control of power again in the hands of few.
I dont think that is going to happen because rich people have better investments where they can invest their money than bitcoin. They are going to have the power but the price would go up very slowly because they would own 90% of bitcoins.

Maybe if a few billionaires decide to invest hundreds of millions of dollars( this looks like a big amount for us but for them it is not that huge) into bitcoin that will change the situation. But that is less likely to happen because bitcoin is not the best place to invest that huge amount of money because if they control 90% of bitcoins the price will go up very slowly or it will maintain.
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:53:07 PM

Good thing about bitcoin, it has a limited supply so even if all of the rich people buy all the coins each and every one will benefit from it. Remember bitcoin is not yet "the currency" so if the price goes high you still have an option to convert it to fiat. So if you own 1 bitcoin and after all the rich people buy the coins the price goes up to $1 million then you can convert it to fiat and you are an instant millionaire. That is the good thing if the supply is limited.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
eCrypto

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:55:10 PM

Bitcoin is freedom, no one owns it
Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:44:18 AM

Good thing about bitcoin is that it is not controlled by anyone and it has a limited supply and no one can create a bitcoin from anything. If the rich people decides to invest in it and try to control its price everyone who has a bitcoin will benefit from it. So if they decide to buy majority of the coins it's price will go high and people who have coins can sell it on a higher price.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:48:44 AM

I know that some of the huge amount of bitcoin owners usually do that to manipulate the price. They buy or sell it to breakdown the price of the bitcoin, to panic the investors and later on bring it back to normal to earn more profit. They can only manipulate but i think they cannot be the owner of bitcoins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:48:59 AM

Large traditional investors are now turning to Crypto and bitcoin. The Crypto market will definitely be the most aggressive investment trend in 2018. I believe so.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:53:14 PM

I dont think that is going to happen because rich people have better investments where they can invest their money than bitcoin. They are going to have the power but the price would go up very slowly because they would own 90% of bitcoins.

Maybe if a few billionaires decide to invest hundreds of millions of dollars( this looks like a big amount for us but for them it is not that huge) into bitcoin that will change the situation. But that is less likely to happen because bitcoin is not the best place to invest that huge amount of money because if they control 90% of bitcoins the price will go up very slowly or it will maintain.

Besides your priorities change as you accumulate wealth, when you do not have a lot of money the priority is in building wealth so you may take riskier choices like investing in bitcoin to grow up your capital but once you are happy with the amount of money you have your strategy needs to change from building wealth to preserve your wealth that is why many of the people that are very rich have no interest in investing in bitcoin.
waisss

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:03:25 PM

If you want to invest today is the DAY the pre-sale ends in 8 hours and you can have a 30% discount. Join  www.nagaico.com. Bitcoin.com's Roger Ver and Mate Tokay, Pantera's Miko Matsumura advisers.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:35:27 PM

If (hypothetical) they will buy most of the bitcoins, then we will be rich. Could they have control after that? I don't think so. This is because if there are only few users remained, it would be boring and the demand will cease. Bitcoin is limited so acquiring the majority of it can affect the higher class finance. Thankfully, it's not their nature to all agree about anything.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:37:02 PM

No businessman or governments will handle bitcoin. We are Satoshi Nakamoto we own this market whether you are rich or poor coz everyone is welcome in Satoshi's market.
Smpdytz

Activity: 122
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:38:49 PM

No never bitcoin is decentralized no one can handle or control it even if the government of powerful country .soo bitcoin is index currency
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:43:49 PM

If a group of wealthy users would have the majority of bitcoins that would practicly mean that is owned by private association but I don't think it's possible. Bitcoin belongs to everyone and it can't be private ownership, that would also mean in a way that is centralized because this group of people would then have the full control over it and influence it according to their interest. But like I've said in practice that is not possible.

malaj
scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:32:16 PM

These billionaires are very competitive and will definitely not collude with their peers/rivals. They're extremely diversified. I think they're a good reason why the price is where it is right now. I imagine that for every Richard Branson who's already playing in the market, there are a couple of people keeping a low profile but with the same amount of skin in the game.
As others have mentioned, they'd have to buy in 1 shot, which is risky, or buy more slowly and see the price increase as they buy. Either way, it is a huge risk and they could lose millions. Plus, as us small fish would start cashing out, the demand would probably go down. Everyone probably has a target at which they'd sell. The demand would probably drop a quite a way if us small fish don't keep acquiring.

I can definitely see a day where some of the altcoins start to get on their radar, and they would likely also want to dabble there with the top few coins while they're comparatively cheap.

I also assume that if they try to corner the market via an investment vehicle like futures and them  ETFs, they'd  fall under scrutiny and could possibly run into issues like the Hunt brothers with the silver market in the 80's.

Whales are already manipulating the price, and mostly it has been great for us tiny players, which all of us are. I don't think shorting BTC will work. CME and CBOE already have built in protection for the investors in this futures deal. People wanting to short will likely only be able to do so on a limited basis.

We are definitely at the mercy of the whales right now. We wilI be even more so soon.

I think the prediction that I read somewhere from a bullish hedge fund guy was that after futures go live and if they work out well, ETFs would follow in 6-8 months.

That would be truly interesting and perhaps scary.

We're just beginning the truly wild part of this ride.

missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:47:34 PM

That would be nearly impossible with the current market demand to cryptocurrency, especially to bitcoin. Even though these businessmen would need to show their true worth, I don't think ot would be enough to buy the majority of bitcoin. And if many rich people try it, ordinary people won't using bitcoin anymore.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:59:43 PM

I see they can exercise power control anytime, but it takes a lot of capital. so if they do they can control the price. but do not master bitcoin. because bitcoin can not be controlled by anyone.

Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:54:52 PM

No one can handle the market of bitcoins, bitcoins is no government and nothing tax bitcoins grow fast and learn.
I think bitcoin is decentralized and we believe that no one know about bitcoin that who is going to operate bitcoin and from where it's going to operate but my opinion is little different because what I believe is that I’m sure that there is someone who is going to monitor bitcoin and they know the users of bitcoin and they are also trying to get hold on market trade because bitcoin is now a very stable currency in market and no one can be the owner of market.
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:11:28 PM

I have read somewhere that 90% of currently available bitcoins are on 10 wallets. So in a sense what you are saying is true. Early investors who recognised the potential of bitcoin early on are the biggest owners of bitcoin. Whether those are devs or businesspeople, we dont know.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Besides your priorities change as you accumulate wealth, when you do not have a lot of money the priority is in building wealth so you may take riskier choices like investing in bitcoin to grow up your capital but once you are happy with the amount of money you have your strategy needs to change from building wealth to preserve your wealth that is why many of the people that are very rich have no interest in investing in bitcoin.
yes exactly some are not taking this they dont want to spend time to invest in bitcoin but some are never wanted to get poor they wanted to get rich even better so some are taking the advantage and make some way on how does it can be how they can benefited in bitcoin and can earn an amount of money that are can triple their money so some rich people are taking this for their sake.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███