Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is a good coin to mine with cpu  (Read 4563 times)
Cryptopriest

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:56:34 AM

CryptoNight currencies can be mined with CPU, if the CPU is efficient enough (if speed/power consumption is good enough). I believe Monero is the most profitable at the moment.
ululamri

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:09:13 AM

CryptoNight currencies can be mined with CPU, if the CPU is efficient enough (if speed/power consumption is good enough). I believe Monero is the most profitable at the moment.

have you try it? :-D

dikan (OP)

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

first indicator is you can see on the social media youtube or other,many people arround the world talk about cryptocurrency... and then you can see they talk about trading and mining
second is, you can see on the network difficultyfor the coin you mine, is always increase every block

thanks for his opinion
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:07:36 PM

does anyone try to mine with fx6300?

do you mining using fx6300?

FX 6300 is a fair Monero (the biggest CryptoNight-based coin) miner, though the FX 8xxx does better (my FX 8370 generates a little higher Monero hashrate than my Ryzen 1700 when I'm doing nothing BUT mining on each machine).

AMD A-series APUs should do OK at Monero mining as well, but fewer cores and lower cache will limit them comparatively.

Ignore the moron that thinks mining with a small rig can't be profitable - it's HARDER but by no means impossible to be profitable with just a CPU or a rig with 1 or 2 recent GPUs in it, and tends to be MORE reliable than riser-based rigs.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:18:50 AM

FX 6300 is a fair Monero (the biggest CryptoNight-based coin) miner, though the FX 8xxx does better (my FX 8370 generates a little higher Monero hashrate than my Ryzen 1700 when I'm doing nothing BUT mining on each machine).

AMD A-series APUs should do OK at Monero mining as well, but fewer cores and lower cache will limit them comparatively.

Ignore the moron that thinks mining with a small rig can't be profitable - it's HARDER but by no means impossible to be profitable with just a CPU or a rig with 1 or 2 recent GPUs in it, and tends to be MORE reliable than riser-based rigs.

I use amd a9. I get  0.0001475 in one day mining
ululamri

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:40:48 AM

are you from indonesia??

dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:49:04 AM

are you from indonesia??

Yes
ululamri

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:52:22 AM

you can join me in telegram channel, you can explore about blockchain crypto mining with easy way, with yoir language support :-D

dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:09:17 AM

you can join me in telegram channel, you can explore about blockchain crypto mining with easy way, with yoir language support :-D

Give me your telegram
Cryptopriest

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:31:35 AM

have you try it? :-D

Ofc i did. New laptop i3 can make 50 h/s with one core at good efficiency (and still stay responsive to basic tasks with the other so i can use it while minning). I5 2400 can get around 200 h/s with 3 cores, dont know about efficiency tho. Thats not much, but when you consider the fact that some strong gpus get around 700 h/s, its not bad either.
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

what is a good coin to mine with cpu? I have 3x  amd radeon A9  cpu
Two coins are CPU mineable today with perhaps little earns.
It's depends of wich CPUs and AMD CPUs are not the bests for mining.
 XMR Monero (cryptonight algorithm)
 XZC Zcoin (and not ZEC ZCash)

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
jjjiii

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:08:23 AM

You can also mine with your browser

https://jsecoin.com/platform/?lander=1&utm_source=referral&utm_campaign=aff3648&utm_content=

It's pre-ICO so it can be profitable to mine a little bit right now before high difficulty

<3 Crex24 Marketplace  (https://crex24.com/?refid=bj1evhp6w4rfj9cb02zw)
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:11:13 AM

You can find best ROI to mining at current moment here:
http://masternodes.pro/

This is great site to understand what is going in miner world!
dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:31:48 PM

XMR Monero (cryptonight algorithm)
 XZC Zcoin (and not ZEC ZCash)

is there any other coin to mine with cpu amd a 9? other than those you mentioned earlier
dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:43:53 PM

You can also mine with your browser

https://jsecoin.com/platform/?lander=1&utm_source=referral&utm_campaign=aff3648&utm_content=

It's pre-ICO so it can be profitable to mine a little bit right now before high difficulty

can you please explain how?
dikan (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:03:33 PM

You can find best ROI to mining at current moment here:
http://masternodes.pro/

This is great site to understand what is going in miner world!
Thanks
crybo

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:22:10 PM

most popular CPU mined coin is Monero. but you can try also Verium
Cane1989

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

not yet, but I will try and than share my results. I'm asked because I want to compare h/s.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:10:26 PM

Tell that to the folks running Threadripper or Epyc CPUs.

9-)

The huge hashrates you see out of some Xeon based machines are usually multi-CPU and need to be divided by the number of CPUs - then factor in that any Xeon that manages more hashrate than the AMD Ryzen 1800x is a MUCH MORE EXPEN$IVE CPU that on a cost-basis comparison should be getting compared to the Threadripper line or the Epyc.

On the other hand, some older used E5 Xeon based machines can be had pretty cheap for the hashrate - just watch the power consumption....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:19:35 AM

Tell that to the folks running Threadripper or Epyc CPUs.

9-)

The huge hashrates you see out of some Xeon based machines are usually multi-CPU and need to be divided by the number of CPUs - then factor in that any Xeon that manages more hashrate than the AMD Ryzen 1800x is a MUCH MORE EXPEN$IVE CPU that on a cost-basis comparison should be getting compared to the Threadripper line or the Epyc.

On the other hand, some older used E5 Xeon based machines can be had pretty cheap for the hashrate - just watch the power consumption....

Yes, some old xeon machines are will worth for cpu mining.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: