Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Computer Services  (Read 1703 times)
nhodges (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:36:02 AM

On behalf of the company I work for, Tek Tek Computer Services, we'd like to offer remote computer and/or technical support services (via join.me, a LogMeIn web app) to the Bitcoin community. (Website link coming soon, having coworker add some updates to it first.)

We can help you out with (almost) anything, as long as it doesn't require plugging in cables or re-seating hardware! Let us know if you need help with something and we'll negotiate a price.

Some of our services include (but aren't limited to) the following:
Backup & Online Storage
Cable Managment
Computer Training
Computer Tune-up
Data Recovery
Email Setup
Hardware Installation
Hardware Repair
In-Home PC Hookup
Mobile Broadband
Network Security
Printer Setup
Printer Troubleshooting
Security & Performance
Software Install and Troubleshooting
Technology Consultation
Virus & Spyware Removal
Wired and Wireless Networking

Our flat rate is 4BTC an hour, however I don't imagine things ever taking that long (or to be measured in that type of increment since it is remote work) so, as I stated before, please just let us know what you need help with, and we will shoot you a manageable price. :]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:27:02 PM

Our flat rate is 4BTC an hour,
that's $60 Undecided

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
nhodges (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:43:14 PM

I know, I am just giving our price we charge clients normally at our brick-and-mortar business. I don't suspect things will take a full hour at all, and that's why I'd like people to post what they need help with so I can just give them a "Hey, we'll fix that for ____." rate. Once the market decides what the rate SHOULD be for providing this type of service, I will update a real "rate" people can expect to pay. Right now, please don't pay attention to that number, it ONLY reflects our brick-and-mortar location pricing. If it's something stupid simple (up to our discretion) the charge will most likely be under 1BTC.

muc

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 01:55:36 AM

On behalf of the company I work for, Tek Tek Computer Services, we'd like to offer remote computer and/or technical support services (via join.me, a LogMeIn web app) to the Bitcoin community. (Website link coming soon, having coworker add some updates to it first.)

https://i.imgur.com/xnxnf.jpg

We can help you out with (almost) anything, as long as it doesn't require plugging in cables or re-seating hardware! Let us know if you need help with something and we'll negotiate a price.

Some of our services include (but aren't limited to) the following:
Backup & Online Storage
Cable Managment
Computer Training
Computer Tune-up
Data Recovery
Email Setup
Hardware Installation
Hardware Repair
In-Home PC Hookup
Mobile Broadband
Network Security
Printer Setup
Printer Troubleshooting
Security & Performance
Software Install and Troubleshooting
Technology Consultation
Virus & Spyware Removal
Wired and Wireless Networking

Our flat rate is 4BTC an hour, however I don't imagine things ever taking that long (or to be measured in that type of increment since it is remote work) so, as I stated before, please just let us know what you need help with, and we will shoot you a manageable price. :]

Does LogMeIn require your client to sign an agreement with them?
nhodges (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:58:33 AM

In order to use the software?

No, there's no agreement, you download the application from their website and run it, and they will give you a 9 digit "meeting id" to use to facilitate screen sharing.

https://join.me
https://secure.join.me/welcome/webhelp/joinme/join.me/jm_faq_header_top10.html

phungus

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:02:13 PM

There's definitely an end user license agreement in order to use LogMein / Hamachi. I'm not sure about the app you're using.

If you are using LogMeIn's services for commercial use, they require you to pay for it.

Not that a lot of folks probably care to look at it, even at work. :-)

I can do stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: