Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coins that went to zero  (Read 428 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:55:35 PM

I am wondering, who here had a coin that went down to zero during the most recent crash?
microtaha

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:18:28 PM

Check this out http://deadcoins.com/ (Curated list of cryptocurrencies forgotten by this world.)
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:35:19 PM

On yobit investbox I found many of those, that even can't be sold for one satoshi. I baught some of them for the investbox but was lucky to get dogecoins for them (with loss) on another exchanger. That was a lesson to get familiar with the difference between "fake" coins and those with a great project as background.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:37:59 PM

Some coins are delisted from all exchanges, but not because a specific crash. Or all their buy orders are filled because some whale decided to sell everything at market price. Happened even with BTC in the early days.
Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:50:24 PM

I dont think coins have literally reached 0... They'll be worth atleast something, else people would just be handing them over on the forums or whatever. You can check CNC to see the prices, there are some with many decimal 0s listed there, pretty close to 0 value.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:56:48 PM

There is a coin on yobit that they're giving away, PWR. I don't know anything
about it except for its initals.  I claimed a whole bunch of these giveaways
just to waste some time, and I got enough PWR to put in a sell order that's
above the minimum yobit amount to place an order.  Well, that order has been
sitting there for weeks now at 1 satoshi, and it has yet to be executed.  That's
a coin that's basically at zero.  And I think a lot of these ICO coins are heading
toward that same fate.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:04:56 PM

Basically those coins are only dead when code is gone or not publicly available. As long as the code is available the coin can be overtaken by a new developer to revive it.
This has already happened a lot of times. You just need some interesting people including a good developer to revive a coin and bring it back to live. Anyway, this is a nice list you posted.

Check this out http://deadcoins.com/ (Curated list of cryptocurrencies forgotten by this world.)
soronmar

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:37:39 PM

Basically those coins are only dead when code is gone or not publicly available. As long as the code is available the coin can be overtaken by a new developer to revive it.
This has already happened a lot of times. You just need some interesting people including a good developer to revive a coin and bring it back to live. Anyway, this is a nice list you posted.

Yes, that's true.
One just needs a group of people including developers to 'revive' a coin.
So coins are theoretically never dead. They are just dead if the source code gets lost.
That's really a good thing about the crypto space. You can always bring a coin back to life if developers abandon it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: