Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawyers accepting bitcoin for services  (Read 4051 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:34:22 PM

In my personal understanding the committee only wanted the lawyers to have an additional payment method for their service as they are requiring lawyers who have received Bitcoin as payment to be converted inmediately to U.S. Dollars in order to mitigate the volatility and also the overpayment of service due to the price of Bitcoin increasing. This is a good requirement as lawyers must not be overpaid in any work because it is one of their ethical requirements as a lawyer.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinLaws

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

Mt law office accept BTC and ETH since about 3 years... nothing illegal here in Montreal, as long as you report your income, just as with fiat.

Louis
www.bitcoin-law.ca
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:53:55 AM

Mt law office accept BTC and ETH since about 3 years... nothing illegal here in Montreal, as long as you report your income, just as with fiat.

Louis
www.bitcoin-law.ca

Bitcoin is slowly spreading worldwide that's why it is not surprising that payments for some of the professionals are in cryptocurrency. Since they are lawyers, they know what are the applicable laws. In my country, I don't know any professional services that accept bitcoin or ethereum but sooner or later I believe, there would be someone who would consider it as payment option. The accountants, lawyers, engineers, doctors etc. maybe would consider it. Bitcoin is not yet legal but not banned in our country so maybe when bitcoin is regulated then they would accept it.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:40:46 AM

It will depend if the attorney is aware in bitcoin i think they will accept to be part of their services they will give option to all people who are wanting to used their services but if people is not aware in crypto currency i think they will not be interested in bitcoin.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:20:27 AM

It will depend if the attorney is aware in bitcoin i think they will accept to be part of their services they will give option to all people who are wanting to used their services but if people is not aware in crypto currency i think they will not be interested in bitcoin.

It's great for people who want to use bitcoin as main transaction and with lawyer business will make a new opportunity for crypto trading world wide.
If only our government also support  bitcoin as well it won't be a major problem instead it will bring positive value for bitcoin globally
goldblumandpartners

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

Arbeit macht müde und krank!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:13:07 PM

We are accept as well )

🇨🇭 Swiss 🇨🇭 Law firm 🇨🇭 www.goldblum.ch 🇨🇭 Tel.: +41445152590 (office) 🇨🇭 All legal issues in Switzerland
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:22:05 AM

No, but I think if an attorney knows about bitcoin then he will gladly accept it as a form of payment. It depends on the client and lawyer discussion where they can decide whether it's going to be money, stocks, shares or bitcoin that have agreed to be the payment.
Agostosmori

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:02:40 AM

That is a good step that lawyers can do imagine if they were paid for a service
worth $10,000 in BTC and once the price of the coin increase their income will also
increase for that service. My only question is how are they going to pay their taxes
for the income they had in Bitcoin?
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:30:59 AM

The fact that lawyers accept bitcoin is good but it's just a drop in the ocean. It seems to me that this will not have any impact on the situation. The most important thing now is to launch the possibility of buying goods with bitcoins all online stores. I hope that soon it will be done. Now we see timid attempts to do it. Don't understand why this niche is still not filled.
It will be a turning point if it happened so, and bitcoin will slowly and gradually pave its path for being used in daily life for buying and selling instead of paper money, in Switzerland some institutions have started accepting bitcoin as a payment for tuition fee. So it is indicating that bitcoin is going to replace paper money in buying and selling of necessities  daily life 
goldblumandpartners

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

Arbeit macht müde und krank!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

Just imagine if BTC price will be lower than 1000 USD. 10k USD for the lawyer now this is 10k USD in 2018; who knows what will be with BTC.

🇨🇭 Swiss 🇨🇭 Law firm 🇨🇭 www.goldblum.ch 🇨🇭 Tel.: +41445152590 (office) 🇨🇭 All legal issues in Switzerland
Carmen01

Activity: 294

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:40:10 PM

No one know the future of bitcoin but to get the attetion of everybody here in bitcoin is so good to know and i think because of that we can think that we can have a future here like this thread about lawyers accepting bitcoin for services,I think lawyers is one of a good job in the world so knowing that they accept bitcoin is good to know because think if they spread bitcoin in other person to pay his/her job in bitcoin the value will become high because of that

AttorneyBitcoin

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:20:09 AM

That is a good step that lawyers can do imagine if they were paid for a service
worth $10,000 in BTC and once the price of the coin increase their income will also
increase for that service. My only question is how are they going to pay their taxes
for the income they had in Bitcoin?

As an attorney who accepts BTC I also run the risk of the BTC dropping in value. When I receive the BTC for my fees I immediately convert it into fiat and place that in my trust account. As I earn it and pay on it I declare it as income and then report it on my year end taxes.

Best:

George D. Greenberg, Esq.
www.attorneybitcoin.com
arcds9

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:06:55 PM

really? it is a very good things to have a lawyer paying with btc. i wish i could do this. But being a man  of a country where it is not approved can be difficult. Good wishes though!!
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:48:18 AM

I'm an attorney in Nevada and there is not prohibition here regarding accepting BTC for services. There are of course ethical rules regarding any considerations received for services. I gladly accept BTC. 
That's a nice idea i hope not just lawyers could accepting bitcoin i hope many jobs could accept bitcoin as a wage and as a services payment. But this is a start of cardless payments.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:31:57 PM

I think is the great idea, it will improve the service. So it will make easy people for choose the another payment option.
In the future also many kind of business will accept bitcoin as a payment. I see my friends use bitcoin as a payment, because it will more profitable.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:05:14 AM

I don't think that there's a lawyer that accept bitcoin for their services. Because if it is happen I'm sure that many people will get their justice for themselves. In real world justice was paid by money, so if the bitcoin accepted by the lawyer many average or middle class of people will afford to hired lawyer to get the justice in their life.
ember.suc

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

As long as the underlying fee is reasonable and free from passing on transaction costs, there's nothing in the ethics rules of most jurisdictions that would prevent a lawyer or law firm from accepting any form of payment, including bitcoin.  Whether any do or not is an entirely separate question that I have no insight into.
bakerlisa510

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:37:09 AM

It is definitely a good choice to accept money in bitcoin, you will get paid and you don't have to invest in any other place like stock market and all were you have to rush every now and then and get saved from aggressive buyers and sellers,
just accept the money and see it growing.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:39:58 PM

Well it depends on the lawyer if they agree bitcoin as a payment nothing wrong with that and beside you can cash out your bitcoin if they do not agree for the payment method. Everyone want bitcoin now so it is possible that the other lawyer will accept bitcoin as a payment.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:25:11 AM

It is definitely a good choice to accept money in bitcoin, you will get paid and you don't have to invest in any other place like stock market and all were you have to rush every now and then and get saved from aggressive buyers and sellers,
just accept the money and see it growing.

A really smart move for lawyers that have known bitcoin for long. They could insist first that they accept btc but I still doubt that their clients will do that. Their clients must be hoarding a lot of bitcoins so I guess only a few lawyer could have that payment opportunity.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: