Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAN ON BITCOINS!!  (Read 3074 times)
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

well china has the majority of bitcoin in mining, and the market so, the 2014 crash is caused by china when the PBOC issues warning on cryptocurrencies but now many countries are engaged to bitcoin, china's majority will significantly decreased so, when the news broke out the china's influence in bitcoin is still felt.
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:07:27 AM

If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. However, the majority of citizens and institutions like to stay on the right side of the law. So the demand for Bitcoin would plummet if the government decided to ban it. All exchanges in that country would also be shuttered and buying/selling Bitcoin would be difficult and risky. This would suffocate Bitcoin in that country and the government’s objectives might be achieved.

haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:13:48 AM

First and foremost, bitcoin cannot be banned. China themselves even said it, 'we cannot ban bitcoin'. I believe highest any country can do is to control its usage which China is just trying to do presently by controlling all the exchanges available in the country. However, even if bitcoin can be banned, every single country cannot just wake up one morning and decide to ban bitcoin, how will they effectively enforce the ban? I feel it is too late anyway for any country to ban bitcoin right now.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 05:25:28 AM

I dont know why but iam scared of bitcoin getting ban.
Because of the china situation is there any possibility that bitcoin will get ban in every single country

I will also get scared if bitcoin get banned, but I think it's not going to happen. Because Government don't have the control over bitcoin, and they cannot the stop the people who uses bitcoin. So it is impossible that bitcoin get ban from anywhere in the world.
Jmmerquita

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:29:19 AM

how they can banned it? Once a decentralized exchange is present, nobody can bannded it.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:33:08 AM

If the State ban the exchanges and there is no consensus for using it (ie, most merchants will not accept it as currency for trade), it is the same to say that the coin itself was banned, since there it would have no use.
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:41:27 AM

Even if the world did, how could the stop it?

Bitcoin is just currency. No government can stop two people from using something as currency for exchang of good and services.

They may not be able to enforce such a ban in practice, but they could certainly prohibit it by law. I recall that in 2014 the prosecutor general's office in Russia said that using Bitcoin was a crime since it was a "money substitute." By now, Russia has seen a major pivot, and their finance minister recently said that there was no use in banning cryptocurrencies. If it were prohibited by law, I'm sure that would put a damper on investment, but indeed, it wouldn't fundamentally change the utility of BTC.

Let's get some examples of how a government could ban Bitcoin. China hasn't even banned Bitcoin, they just won't let you buy Bitcoin in China with yuan.

See the OP. There was a leaked report recently that suggested that China might actually attempt to block the Bitcoin network within China, similar to the way they block many western websites today.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:43:14 AM

Maybe you can take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

There you can see that every country has his own opinion about bitcoin. So even when a country wants to ban bitcoins, it will never happen worldwide.

What do you mean ban bitcoin? Ban holding bitcoin? Then put you in jail because holding bitcoin? If this case, there will be a huge protests from bitcoin community. I think there are many countries that ban bitcoin doesn't mean ban holding bitcoin. They only ban exchanger that sell bitcoin to fiat. That's make us difficult. However you can make your bitcoin into fiat throuh third party like foreign exchanger . Sell your bitcoin to USD and then change USD to fiat in your country
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 05:49:51 AM

Because of the china situation is there any possibility that bitcoin will get ban in every single country

Not all country are like China, where they have full hold and control in their people, some countries are in fact adopting it and spreading this to their country but I doubt if they can fully ban Bitcoin, Bitcoin only ban icos and not Bitcoin this is the fact, China will always be a part of Bitcoin.

gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 05:51:40 AM

From my own point of view China is clamping down or closing down some of their exchanges were cases of illegality has been taking place which prompted many Chinese traders to sell off their bitcoin which invariably brings down the prices of bitcoin globally, China cannot ban bitcoin because it has no control over it they can only regulate it.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:13:02 AM

well, it's true Bitcoin ban in china but that doesn't mean's that Bitcoin getting ban in every single country. The majority of countries do not make the usage of bitcoin itself illegal as well as some countries have explicitly allowed it's use and trade, others have banned or restricted it such as China.
you also can see this here say the the legal status of bitcoin https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/01/31/bitcoins-legality-around-the-world/#3d359f853ccd
merlyn22

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

i love my family

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

I think bitcoin will not get ban in every single country, China government only ban ICOs and local bitcoin exchanges . bitcoin cannot be banned by some countries who try to manipulate it . since bitcoin is decentralized no one can control and handle of that.so i suggest be calm only bitcoins on china is ban to the exchanger. cheers Smiley
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:34:35 AM

Even if the world did, how could the stop it?

Bitcoin is just currency. No government can stop two people from using something as currency for exchang of good and services.

For example, if i fix your roof and you pay me as compensation, how can any government interefere with that personal transaction?

Let's get some examples of how a government could ban Bitcoin. China hasn't even banned Bitcoin, they just won't let you buy Bitcoin in China with yuan.

I really like your analogy there man, if a lot of people are still using it then Government has no control over it. But I think that is normal for every Government out there to dislike Bitcoin. Because at the end of the day, no one loves something they can not control. And that's also an answer why many people love video game, because they are in full control  Grin

Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:34:40 AM

Not every country is as controlled as China, especially in the first world, so there is no need to be worried, this won't happen.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:37:00 AM

I think bitcoin will not get ban in every single country, China government only ban ICOs and local bitcoin exchanges . bitcoin cannot be banned by some countries who try to manipulate it . since bitcoin is decentralized no one can control and handle of that.so i suggest be calm only bitcoins on china is ban to the exchanger. cheers Smiley

It seems they take off their bill again from this ban so we don't need to about this ban now. Please don't complicate yourself and sell your bitcoins. You have to hold bitcoins with in some weeks again its value will increase to next peak value again. Japanese Government gonna implement the 20 million USD worth of mining plant in their country, This biggest adoption itself will take bitcoin 6K USD worth for 1 btc with in this year ends.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:07:26 AM

Don't be worry if the bitcoin will get ban in china or getting ban of bitcoin because no one can stop bitcoin and there is a lot of people that are still using and buying bitcoin even there is a chance for the other countries to ban it so i think that if you will take the risk to believe in bitcoin then it will become worth it because in the future the decision of china might changed and they will make bitcoin as a full legal currency.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:14:45 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 10:44:50 AM by malikusama

Don't be scared my friend, it is not the first time when governments are imposing ban and building pressure on bitcoin users. During the past many conspiracies have made to bring it down but every time they failed. The situation is just outburst anger of government and banking mafia towards bitcoin, soon it will cool down. They can't deny the fact that digital currencies are future money of the world and bitcoin is leading it till now and will continue to lead in the future too.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:51:37 AM

Don't be scared because FUD and panic happens a lot. Just go shopping and thank China for giving you their cheap btc on the market.
Vuizel

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:18:59 AM

I dont think that will work because people will do it illegal than and it is better to do it the legal way than do it the illegal way that is why it is better not to ban bitcoins because you cannot actually kill bitcoin anymore.
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:00:11 AM

I don't care about that. You must believe that China think they are strong enough and bitcoin will die if bitcoin banned in China, in fact China just create a "massive panic attack" to get a cheap prices. And if bitcoin without China ? will not die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: