Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:08:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAN ON BITCOINS!!  (Read 3074 times)
kartiksgk (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:52:27 PM

I dont know why but iam scared of bitcoin getting ban.
Because of the china situation is there any possibility that bitcoin will get ban in every single country
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:04:20 PM

Even if the world did, how could the stop it?

Bitcoin is just currency. No government can stop two people from using something as currency for exchang of good and services.

For example, if i fix your roof and you pay me as compensation, how can any government interefere with that personal transaction?

Let's get some examples of how a government could ban Bitcoin. China hasn't even banned Bitcoin, they just won't let you buy Bitcoin in China with yuan.
janedt

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:12:37 PM

Because of the china situation is there any possibility that bitcoin will get ban in every single country

I thought China government only ban ICOs and local bitcoin exchanges on China, so chinese people still can use bitcoin at china or outside exchanges like bittrex. Am i right ? I think bitcoin will not get ban in every single country, chill dude. Bitcoin is not that bad, bitcoin is just an online currency.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:01:10 PM

Noobs need to understand that Bitcoin can not be banned.Only exchanges can be banned and that's not the same.Giving us the power of decentralization is the best thing about bitcoin.Once you own bitcoin(provided you also own the keys) you are in complete control no matter your goverment bans it.You can sell it even then to someone as the demand for bitcoin will increase in future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:11:46 PM

You are just too worried.
where are you living now?
if I may know.
each country must have its own rules
it is unlikely that it will be the same rules that countries make in each country.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 05:17:08 PM

Noobs need to understand that Bitcoin can not be banned.Only exchanges can be banned and that's not the same.Giving us the power of decentralization is the best thing about bitcoin.Once you own bitcoin(provided you also own the keys) you are in complete control no matter your goverment bans it.You can sell it even then to someone as the demand for bitcoin will increase in future

This is certainly not the same

But for most people it is still six of one and half a dozen of the other. If we are to remain honest, people are engaged with Bitcoin mostly for profits, but shutting down the majority of exchanges will definitely bring the prices down. Due to that, Bitcoin will quickly lose all of its "sex-appeal" for speculators and profiteers. In fact, the authorities are doing the right thing when they are attacking the exchanges (if they really want to hurt or destroy Bitcoin). I would certainly do just that if hurting Bitcoin was my goal

brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

Maybe you can take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

There you can see that every country has his own opinion about bitcoin. So even when a country wants to ban bitcoins, it will never happen worldwide.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

They can ban and declare Bitcoin illegal in some countries but other countries will support bitcoin, so it will never be forbidden worldwide. And even in countries where Bitcoin is not legal, there are ways to use it, hold it, trade and buy with it. So don't be afraid. The democratic and decentral money will find its way to the people. Noone can really stop it as long as the people have an internet connection.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:35:38 PM

A set back from the Chinese market by banning the ICO is not a thing to be scared off in the grand scheme of things,it is just a reflection of the market which reacted to the news and nothing else and China did not ban bitcoin,they just want to clean up things in the Chinese market and so is the reason they are imposing strict rules and that can happen in several countries too.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:37:56 PM

There's just no real way to ban Bitcoin at the moment being decentralized and all. Regulations will come sooner or later (take it with a pinch of salt) and that might or might not be a bad thing for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole.

Prince8

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:47:34 PM

your fear is making people lots of money
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:49:27 PM

It has been discused before on this forum. Bitcoin can't be banned

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:18:04 PM

Creators anticipated these Bans... they put things in place to ensure everything remains decentralized and difficult to censor or shut down by government, unfortunately "patriotic citizens" of various countries created the unsustainable decentralized exchanges probably to help their government earn bitcoin tax, increase adoption and make trading easy for traders  .
Well, if not for them maybe Bitcoin wouldn't have done so well in terms of price increase but there are reasons rules are made. Breaking lots of rules eventually lead to chaos and uncertainty.
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:52:55 PM

chances are always there. nothing is impossible in this world.
but in a sense, one country can not easily forbid. example bitcoin, the state will not be easy to ban bitcoin until the ban is closed and discussed by the relevant institutions.

and most importantly. if bitcoin is prohibited by a certain fixed state, there is no law to punish users of bitcoin as long as it does not harm others.
that's what I know.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:49:36 PM

How many times does it need to be said? You can't ban Bitcoin. It simply isn't possible because you inherently cannot destroy the blockchain technology that it is based on (and inside). Sure, you can harm it by taking down the internet, or blocking exchanges, and maybe other methods, but people will continue using Bitcoin like the early days to buy stuff and there is nothing putting people in jail will do to stop it but only make us more willing to use it and grow it.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:54:00 PM

You are getting paranoid over nothing. China already said they are not banning bitcoin or exchanges, they are only regulating it. And bitcoin cannot be banned, that is tha beauty of decentralization.
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 11:28:19 PM

The bitcoin banning in China does not have anything to do with the bitcoin on your country. I don't know the real reason why China did it but i guess it is something related to their economy. As we all know Chinese are one of the best in terms of business and maybe they see bitcoin as a threat in their economy or maybe it can be used for illegal transactions like buying sort of drugs. So banning bitcoin still depends on your country, depends on how they perceived bitcoin. Some considers it as a positive opportunity to grow but some just don't want to try new and sticks oo their own.

Don't you worry because unless bitcoin fades, no one can stop it from growing its value and popularity.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:46:31 PM

Actually china has banned ico, not bitcoin. The goverments of china find that the use of ico for economic crime, like money laundering or else, in thw other hand, the exchange of cryptocurrency got the impact for this after the goverments forbid to transaction crypto currency with their own currency. So, it looks like they banned bitcoin, but its not like that.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:51:20 PM

Dont worry about that sir, for sure many country until supported bitcoun and they did not ban bitcoin exchanges to their country because they want to their citizens to earn money. Even china ban bitcoin exchanges site and price down . For sure it will increase again and it will recover again to the crashwd that happen to it. Everything is will be fine so dont be worry. Lets do it again like a normal day.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:57:00 PM

You can't stop Bitcoin like that....

You ever hear someone trying to ban downloading illegal music, banning free streams online, banning "the internet".  Its just not possible to actually ban it.  Bitcoin is here to stay, the only way to stop it would be to make it worth absolutely nothing and that is just not going to happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: