Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Jp Morgan invested in Bitcoin  (Read 1394 times)
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

Did you know it ?
Yep you read correctly.

One of the biggest bank who caused the 2008 financial crisis, has decided to invest in BTC : can you imagine ?
And yet they still try to persuade folks not to buy and trade in Bitcoin ( even if they're doin' it !! ) . As James Dimon, JP Morgan's CEO said: " if I were a thief in Ecuador, I'd choose Bitcoin for sure, only in that case: Anyway, Bitcoin is a fraud that will blow up".

How can you trust someone who was involved in one of the biggest fraud ever seen such as 2008's and not found guilty ?

We don't know how many BTC they bought, but this time they cannot control the system. Like no-one does.

Start thinking on your own.
In blockchain we trust

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:26:46 PM

I heard that Jamie Dimon stole 25 billion USD from the TARP funds in 2008. Is that true? He was never investigated, because Barack Obama came to power in that year, and Dimon is a hardcore Democrat party supporter.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:28:54 PM

He is not dumb to hold US dollars in this current situation and the supply of BTC is limited, he has to scare others of it while he accumulates
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:51:32 PM

He is not dumb to hold US dollars in this current situation and the supply of BTC is limited, he has to scare others of it while he accumulates
This.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:59:13 PM

Wall Street is starting to eye crypto as a safe haven asset; its not quite as real and safe as physical gold, but it is as liquid as paper gold mos def, and a blockchain makes sure that its actually gold and not just paper Smiley given this, what we saw was a bit of fud to bring the price down, or at least to prime the market for a decent crash with all the rumors floating about. as I said earlier, this should be illegal, but high level financial officers never get prosecuted for their crimes anyway Wink

i digress.

im suprised they are focusing on btc more than eth/ripple, however. i guess eth is a bit new, but being more centralized, its more mutable. same with ripple. it was completely centralized from day one, this will be a boon for corporate adoption, for the sake of regulation at least.
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:59:39 PM

A bank will omly invest where they strongly believe there is good profit to be made. Of course they do not always get it right but have probably been watching then when they see a 25% drop in price decide to make investment. This could push price back up if other banks put in substantial amounts. It will also hiy financial pages of newspapers increasing demand from readers.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:14:33 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is an economic breakthrough of using money to make an investment
Even if most people doesn't know or believe it,the experts start doing stunt like Jp Morgan by spreading FUD and use the opportunity to buy bitcoin for themselves
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

JP Morgan boss said that his daughter invested in bitcoin. And now, father decided to invest at biggest scale Cheesy
Now seriously. I think we just saw another example of classic behaviour in crypto markets - Spread FUD about bitcoin to make price fall and buy it at low price.
Funniest part about JP Morgan that they are member of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:44:22 PM

Did you know it ?
Yep you read correctly.

One of the biggest bank who caused the 2008 financial crisis, has decided to invest in BTC : can you imagine ?
And yet they still try to persuade folks not to buy and trade in Bitcoin ( even if they're doin' it !! ) . As James Dimon, JP Morgan's CEO said: " if I were a thief in Ecuador, I'd choose Bitcoin for sure, only in that case: Anyway, Bitcoin is a fraud that will blow up".

How can you trust someone who was involved in one of the biggest fraud ever seen such as 2008's and not found guilty ?

We don't know how many BTC they bought, but this time they cannot control the system. Like no-one does.

Start thinking on your own.
In blockchain we trust

I am really not sure about the news of JPM CEO Jemie. I think, few days back, he said that "Bitcoin is a scam, worst than Tulip bulb". With this statement and along with the news of China banning ICO and exchanges, drag down the price of bitcoin. However, people like me who believed in bitcoin had an opportunity to buy it at a cheaper price.

So the information you shared, I doubt about its truthfulness. But it si also possible that it was a clever business strategy. They started investing in bitcoin when the price was low and the statement was made just make the bitcoin price lower. But it is now clear that no power can destroy bitcoin. It is like a pheonix. It will rise again and again.

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:00:45 PM

Why did JP Morgan (a bank) invest in Bitcoin?

The answer is obvious - to make money. The only things banks care about is making profits, and every action they make is for the sake of making money and making profit, and this one is no different!
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:21:14 PM

While it looks and sounds good on paper, this is not what happened with near 90% certainty.

JPM Europe division didn't buy Bitcoin ETN's for their corporate accounts, they bought them on behalf of their clients. JPM is an investment bank with millions of clients purchasing from all over the world. They are smart enough to know that if they directly manipulate the price of something that is tracked by ETN/ETF and then purchase said ETN/ETF, they are directly manipulating the price of the ETN/ETF itself which is a punishable offense. The amount of profit they could make off of that would be dwarfed by the lawyer fees, fines, & PR nightmare that would come from doing something like this so blatantly.

We are talking about people whose job it is to manage risk, if they are going to manipulate something they aren't going to do it with the subtlety of a baboon...  Grin Cheesy

It's way more likely that the purchase was on behalf of clients. JPM might have an opinion about something, but that doesn't mean they stop their clientele from buying that something. You are free to be stupid with your own funds after all, just don't expect Jamie Dimon to hire you.

Jamie Dimon is probably laughing at us right now saying "Bitcoiners just double down on their own stupidity" because of this narrative, it shows that the vast majority of users here are completely unfamiliar with the workings of an investment bank, or investing in general.

WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:45:59 PM

They are afraid their banking system will fail someday that is why they are investing into bitcoin as an insurance.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Has Mistook an Oath

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:23:27 AM

I'm afraid JP Morgans plans for Bitcoin are a lot more sinister than trying to make a quick buck buying up as much as possible on the cheap.

This isn't a profit-making bid, it's JP Morgan's longer-term plan to eliminate Bitcoin. Should a great quantity of the coin be controlled by one or two organisations, it's possible to manipulate the market to drive it into the ground.
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:17:48 AM

Definatly true ! Selling Panic has always worked.

For those who haven't already seen I suggest to watch " The big short" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596363/ . They say "Cryptocurrencies does not have any material correspondence like gold, house or something else" , but how about the fake value of the House-propriety before 2008 ?

We have enough of all that !

In blockchain we trust

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:26:57 AM

While it looks and sounds good on paper, this is not what happened with near 90% certainty.

JPM Europe division didn't buy Bitcoin ETN's for their corporate accounts, they bought them on behalf of their clients. JPM is an investment bank with millions of clients purchasing from all over the world. They are smart enough to know that if they directly manipulate the price of something that is tracked by ETN/ETF and then purchase said ETN/ETF, they are directly manipulating the price of the ETN/ETF itself which is a punishable offense. The amount of profit they could make off of that would be dwarfed by the lawyer fees, fines, & PR nightmare that would come from doing something like this so blatantly.

We are talking about people whose job it is to manage risk, if they are going to manipulate something they aren't going to do it with the subtlety of a baboon...  Grin Cheesy

It's way more likely that the purchase was on behalf of clients. JPM might have an opinion about something, but that doesn't mean they stop their clientele from buying that something. You are free to be stupid with your own funds after all, just don't expect Jamie Dimon to hire you.

Jamie Dimon is probably laughing at us right now saying "Bitcoiners just double down on their own stupidity" because of this narrative, it shows that the vast majority of users here are completely unfamiliar with the workings of an investment bank, or investing in general.

ok, but why the perfect timing? how would you begin to explain that?

JPM didn't shape up yesterday, bitcoin didn't start yesterday either. they both have been around for many years and both have been relevant many years and in the media. bitcoin price rises, it reaches its end of rally and slows down. there is a lot of speculation about big corrections and everyone is waiting for a drop (to correct). then the China drama starts and market changes direction to go down drastically. then out of nowhere JPM CEO talks about bitcoin in a negative light and price falls harder...
I don't know about everyone else but I don't call this a coincidence!

Only Bitcoin
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:31:50 AM

Funniest part about JP Morgan that they are member of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.

That sounds really epic. I think most of folks outside does not even know what a blockchain is, but because their geek-neighbour is trading 24/7 they have to try too. So they do.

The past hasn't taught anything to these guys: betting on the sub-prime before even wondering what the heck was it!
So when some fake rumours spreads out because of their absolute ignorance they start selling : THANKS GUYS, EASY MONEY.

What else can you say ?!

Remember: Become richer is a collateral side, the MAIN goal is to chance the world, in a better one.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:45:54 AM

But it si also possible that it was a clever business strategy. They started investing in bitcoin when the price was low and the statement was made just make the bitcoin price lower. But it is now clear that no power can destroy bitcoin. It is like a pheonix. It will rise again and again.
[/quote]

I agree with you buddy. They starts thinking outside the box !
The only knowledge they have is how bad was their world before yesterday...So they want to clean their hands like nothing happened and move forward to the next level where they think they can still control the system.

NOT THIS TIME

Panic selling can take those new to this world, but only them and as we saw the price in quite 2 days came pumped up again. This remarks how good and solid is the system.

Because of its scarcity Bitcoin needs to continue growing

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:02:11 AM

I heard that Jamie Dimon stole 25 billion USD from the TARP funds in 2008. Is that true? He was never investigated, because Barack Obama came to power in that year, and Dimon is a hardcore Democrat party supporter.

I know only this: after several years of impunity he went to a court in 2013 and HE claimed himself ( and his bank ) GUILTY. So they paid 13 M$ http://www.reuters.com/article/us-jpmorgan-settlement/jpmorgan-agrees-13-billion-settlement-with-u-s-over-bad-mortgages-idUSBRE9AI0OA20131120 .

The thing is they have too much influence on the Gov, because, like other 500-fortune companies, they support both democratic and republican campaigns . In return they have to have something, don't you think ?  Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

Why Jp Morgan invested in Bitcoin?
because they believe Bitcoin will make a profit, and maybe it's a service for their customers who want to invest in Bitcoin

i think many people are not concerned with the opinion of Jamie Dimon, but they take advantage of this moment to sell and buy back

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:47:25 AM

I know only this: after several years of impunity he went to a court in 2013 and HE claimed himself ( and his bank ) GUILTY. So they paid 13 M$ http://www.reuters.com/article/us-jpmorgan-settlement/jpmorgan-agrees-13-billion-settlement-with-u-s-over-bad-mortgages-idUSBRE9AI0OA20131120 .

The thing is they have too much influence on the Gov, because, like other 500-fortune companies, they support both democratic and republican campaigns . In return they have to have something, don't you think ?  Cheesy

Politics is a game to them and I'm the least surprised about this. They are all corrupt and they hide behind these politicians to perpetuate their white crime. Dimon and co are capable of more than this and their involvement with Bitcoin to me raises a lot of red flags which we need to be careful about.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: