Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Relocation] Come to the fastest growing Bitcoin hotspot in the world - China  (Read 911 times)
GGGGG (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:14:09 PM

DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional relocation agent, visa agent, or real estate agent. I offer none of the above services myself, rather my service is to help make the transition as smooth as possible.

I am an American living in Beijing, China - which is currently one of the fastest-growing bitcoin hotspots in the world. In an effort to bring even more international interest and growth to the Bitcoin scene here, I would like to assist those who wish to relocate to Beijing. It is my hope that by bringing more passionate Bitcoiners to this city, we will be able to focus our efforts on getting more local businesses to accept BTC as a means of payment, as well as creating new and innovative projects.

Who is this service for?

This service is offered to serious takers only. The ideal customer would be a full-time Bitcoiner (by which I mean somebody whose income derives mainly from BTC, or has enough BTC to not have to work) who is not tied down by a job which requires that they stay in a specific location. It can be someone who would like to work digitally from Beijing, or a passionate bitcoin evangelist who would like to come here and work with the existing community, myself included, on building a new alternate economy in this city and country.

Due to Chinese visa restrictions, one would most likely come here on a tourist (L) visa, valid for 6 months to one year, and allowing the bearer to stay in the country for 90 days at a time. This means every 3 months a trip must be made outside of the country. Popular "visa run" destinations are Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, and The Philippines. Of course, you could go anywhere.

Why should I hire you?

You could, of course, figure out and arrange everything on your own. This service is for those who would rather not fuss with figuring out all the finer details of moving to a new country (arranging accommodation, buying a metro card, cell phone, etc). By hiring me you will be right in the middle of the Beijing bitcoin scene upon arrival. I will do my best to introduce you to other bitcoiners and get you started in the community here.

What do I provide to you?

As I said in the above disclaimer, I am not a professional agent of any sort. I cannot handle the processing of your visa, the purchase of your plane ticket, ship your things here, or find you an apartment. What I can do is guide you through this process and make it as easy as possible for you.

INCLUDED

-Walk you through the process of obtaining a Chinese visa [Visa fees are not included]
-Arrange for initial accommodation when you arrive. This could be a hotel or a hostel, it depends on your budget/preference [again, my fee does not cover your lodging, I simply make a reservation]
-Airport pickup in a hired car. No trying to figure out transportation or waiting in a taxi stand for an hour. As soon as you are out of the airport you will be on your way to the hotel. [My fee includes hiring a car]
-When you arrive I will give you a Metro card preloaded with 50 RMB (good for 25 subway trips to any stop in the city) and a basic cell phone with SIM card. If you would like a smartphone and/or a data plan, I will help you in obtaining these at the best price when you are here.
-I will offer BTC -> RMB currency exchange (0% fee) upon arrival [to the extent of how much cash I have, I guarantee being able to exchange min. ¥1000 RMB worth]. I can introduce you to other bitcoin users for further exchange.
-I will introduce you to an English-speaking real estate agent (one with negotiable fees, less than the 1 month's rent that is standard here) who will help you to find a suitable apartment.
-I will take you to the bitcoin-accepting café which was featured in the CCTV report about Bitcoin, and introduce you to the bitcoiners who hang out there
-You can choose two days (not necessarily immediately upon arrival, also not necessarily two consecutive days) in which I will act as your personal guide to go anywhere in the city you want, acting as guide/translator. This could be used to visit tourist sites, or to run important errands.
-I will make myself available as much as possible to answer any questions you have about living in China, both before and after arrival, and try to help you as much as possible with the transition.

---

This is a tentative post and will be updated as I iron out more details. The price for this service is BTC20, and is non-negotiable. Serious takers only, please.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: