Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artisans and Artist and Bitcoin lending/investing  (Read 1142 times)
newbit85 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

So I gave up my job three years ago and started traveling the world, I used to work a white collar jobs in the insurance/transport/commerce business.
I now live on alternative forms of income, small time jobs, trade (believe it or not I make money by buying antiques in thrift shops and selling them online and stuff like that, it's not much, but I chose to live frugally so it's all good) and I do happen to have lots of friends that works as artisans and artist. they make jewels, clothes, etc.

lots of them sell mosty in markets, on the streets, at concerts and festival and so on, I was thinking we could bring together this, I believe underestimated, piece of the economy and bitcoin lending together.

TL;DR:
Think Etsy, but with bitcoin lending for the sellers to buy the materials they need to create their products!

How and why I think this could work:

This is how most of my friend that work like that operate: they buy some materials, they spend some time at home, traveling int heir caravans or in countries where its very cheap to live creating their product and then they start selling, when they sell they work almost 24/7 and attend so many markets and when there's none they spend 12hours on the streets, there's also a seasonal advantage in selling at certain times in certain places (tourist destination during holiday times), sometimes they pay for expos and events like that (the little shop that you saw at the medieval fair that sells leather hand made stuff actually paid the organizer to be there)

they love the fact that they can work on and off at their leasure and it's still a reliable form of income if you are actually good with your hands and have decent ideas, very seldom my friends end up with leftovers, they almost sell everything they made all the time and they almost never drop the price of their items to achieve that!

I think it's part of their business, it's hard to produce a lot of stuff, it's hard to be always present but at least when you finished selling you turned all that hard work in the amount of money you were planning to make in the beginning, all the time.
you know that with X eur of materials your gonna make that much stuff that your gonna price @ Y per item.
this also lets them achieve a lifestyle where they work a lot while they sell but that happens in bursts (seasons and events) and the rest of the time they double their house as a lab and some even move to country where both the materials and the living is cheaper (an ex lover of mine lives like that and spends 9 months in india and nepal and 3 months in italy selling his stuff, he is italian, he makes earrings and jewels, even pricy stuff with precious stones in the region of 200euros or so)

I think this might be very good business for lenders and each one of the borrower would require low amount of money adding lots of value to it with their work.

As lenders on the internet it's hard to trust anybody asking for coins, but what about building trust by achieving a plattform where artists not only get funds to start working and producing but can also get back there to sell the stuff they make, eventually if it was to achieve etsy like volume of sales any artist would have a good incentive to act honestly to retain their accounts and online shops.

another added layer of both profit and securing trust between lenders and borrower could be to get another party in, somebody that actually stock up the material and ships it out to the artist that turn it into products.

I have extensive experience as a freight forwarder, loss adjuster and sales manager at an international distributor of general purpose goods (from construction materials to clothing, you name it, we were distributing it).

I already have personal knowledge of at least 5 people that already work as artisan and support themselves like that since years.

Does anybody else sees the opportunity here? I have some money to invest in this and I have experience in organizing business, I'm also IT compentent (i ran ecommerce websites and I set up my own servers to host stuff), I also already have knowledge of people working like that, its an alternative bunch of people, and I feel at home amongst them.

If anybody is interested into exploring this further drop me a PM or preferably jump in the thread.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:52:22 PM

Nowhere in your message state what your collateral is. Without valid collateral that is 120% of whatever youre thinking of asking, you wont get anything here. You might be better off going to a bank or using a p2p lending site.
newbit85 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:24:53 PM

Nowhere in your message state what your collateral is. Without valid collateral that is 120% of whatever you're thinking of asking, you wont get anything here. You might be better off going to a bank or using a p2p lending site.

I'm not looking for lenders that give me some money here and now through a post, maybe I should have stated that.
I guess I'm looking for partners with relevant know-how and skills to invest in a website with the above mentioned business model, and I'm open to suggestions.

I guess if you were to lend your bitcoin on that website you would take their account on the website as collateral, besides an interest a lender could also get a profit share on the goods sold by the artist.

would you sign-up and risk some bitcoin on that if the website was there? what would be your condition to get in and pour your bitcoins in?
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:53:08 PM

You are not looking for lenders but you open a Thread at Lending section. Strange...
Why someone to take a newborn site without any traffic, with no credibility and no value?
You should read before you post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

There is no condition because there it will be no deposit. You have nothing to guarantee the safety of any deposit.
Just empty words and some shares from a thin air project. It's like you asking us if we want to put our coins in the safety of a...HYIP! Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
newbit85 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:40:35 PM

You are not looking for lenders but you open a Thread at Lending section. Strange...

Maybe I'm in the wrong section, is there a section on this board where to discuss business ideas?

Why someone to take a newborn site without any traffic, with no credibility and no value?
You should read before you post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

because we would both be investing and prior to that we would have to meet and work together to design it and put it up?
I understand from the few replies I'm having you guys are expecting something different in this section, it's probably the wrong setting where to talk about this and I don't want to come off as a scammer.

There is no condition because there it will be no deposit. You have nothing to guarantee the safety of any deposit.

so please bear with me a second here, imagine you reached that website and it looks like etsy, theres sellers with their items listed and their past sales and feedback.
would you click the button "lend bitcoin to this shop!" and accept their account on the website (with past revenues, dates and all info clearly available to you, including id of the seller) as "collateral"?
what would it take for you to lend to a guy that has no money (not me! i'm not the one needing money here, the people you see selling stuff on etsy might tho) and need some to buy materials to produce the stuff he sells on the shop?

Just empty words and some shares from a thin air project. It's like you asking us if we want to put our coins in the safety of a...HYIP! Roll Eyes

please don't start accusing, I would prefer to have a constructive conversation, here's what I wanted to get out of the post:
- brainstorming with people who want to lend bitcoin, this seemed like a good place for that
- maybe getting contacted by somebody with relevant know-how and experience to further discussion and explore the possibility of working together.

I myself already created e-commerce websites and have relevant experience, what I'm lacking in is understanding the expectations of people like you who actually seemed to be in the business of lending coins.
I hope you are still not convinced I'm here to scam people.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 02:51:06 PM

Maybe I'm in the wrong section, is there a section on this board where to discuss business ideas?

Project Development.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
kii552007

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:08:27 AM

Hi, I PMed you, not sure if you received it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: