Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with silk road  (Read 6375 times)
ECore (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

https://ubikiri.com/

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 03:14:25 PM

It's my first time using silk road.

I'm using bitcoin-qt to send bitcoins to the silkroad deposit address, but getting "transaction creation failed!" after I hit send. (I can send bitcoins to other addresses, I've tried)

Don't you have to have funds available in your silkroad account before you can buy anything?

Example: You go to silkroad, hit "account", hit "Click here to make a deposit", then it gives you the bitcoin address to make the deposit.

So I still have 0.00 bitcoins available in my account when I need to have funds deposited so I can buy something...or am I doing it all wrong.

Integrated Distributed Ledgers
A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:23:18 PM

This is the support forum for the bitcoin-qt client and general bitcoin discussion. The silk road support forums are some place else. You better look for them somewhere, maybe in silk road website who knows, and ask your questions there.
ECore (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 03:33:32 PM

This is the support forum for the bitcoin-qt client and general bitcoin discussion. The silk road support forums are some place else. You better look for them somewhere, maybe in silk road website who knows, and ask your questions there.

So you are telling me that getting a bitcoin-qt error with the bitcoin-qt client isn't a bitcoin-qt problem?  Or is it just because it has to do with s.r.?  Isn't that allowed?

A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:36:20 PM

its a s.r. issue...its their support you need to contact....

there is nothing wrong with bitcoin-qt....
ECore (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 04:05:30 PM

its a s.r. issue...its their support you need to contact....

there is nothing wrong with bitcoin-qt....

I just found out that it isn't a sr issue...it's a bitcoin-qt issue....I can't send out to blockchain.info either.  I can only send out to my own bitcoin addresses.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:16:53 PM

It's my first time using silk road.

I'm using bitcoin-qt to send bitcoins to the silkroad deposit address, but getting "transaction creation failed!" after I hit send. (I can send bitcoins to other addresses, I've tried)

Don't you have to have funds available in your silkroad account before you can buy anything?

Example: You go to silkroad, hit "account", hit "Click here to make a deposit", then it gives you the bitcoin address to make the deposit.

So I still have 0.00 bitcoins available in my account when I need to have funds deposited so I can buy something...or am I doing it all wrong.

You have a lot of unnecessary information in your post that is simply confusing people.  Try a new post with all the unnecessary information and see if you get better help.

Suggestion, ask your question like this:

I'm using bitcoin-qt to send bitcoins to an address I've been given, but getting "transaction creation failed!" after I hit send. (I can send bitcoins to other addresses, I've tried)

As far as I can tell, the address appears to be valid.  Here's the address I'm trying to send to: 1InsertTheAddressHere
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:55:55 AM

Wow, hate for silk road/peoples choices is strong in here huh? Bitcoin used to be something beautiful, but now it has turned into something ugly and elitist... I've nearly had it with this crypto crap! It's not the crypto's themselves, it is some of the people involved with them!

Why judge? Just help! If you don't want to help fine, then just move on to another post you DO want to help with... Totally pathetic!

To the OP, hope you got the problem sorted, it wouldn't surprise me if these naggin ninnies haven't found a way to block silk road... If they could they surely would! How dare you decide to spend YOUR money where YOU choose! Don't you know you need to yeild to control freaks? Come on man, get with it! /s
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:37:26 AM

Wow, hate for silk road/peoples choices is strong in here huh? Bitcoin used to be something beautiful, but now it has turned into something ugly and elitist... I've nearly had it with this crypto crap! It's not the crypto's themselves, it is some of the people involved with them!

Why judge? Just help! If you don't want to help fine, then just move on to another post you DO want to help with... Totally pathetic!

To the OP, hope you got the problem sorted, it wouldn't surprise me if these naggin ninnies haven't found a way to block silk road... If they could they surely would! How dare you decide to spend YOUR money where YOU choose! Don't you know you need to yeild to control freaks? Come on man, get with it! /s

Wow, overreact much?

OP asked for assistance in a Bitcoin Technical Support forum.  The way he asked his question confused a few people into thinking he was having a problem with Silk Road instead of a problem with Bitcoin.  Those people suggested looking for assistance somewhere more focussed on Silk Road issues.  I simply pointed out that, since the problem had nothing to do with Silk Road, the OP could avoid causing confusion and increase the likelihood of getting a useful answer by keeping their question focused on the details of their issues and leaving out extraneous information.

If he had been talking about how he was having a problem with bitcoins while making a cheese sandwhich, and phrased it in such a way that it caused a few people to think he was asking about the cheese sandwich, I would have suggested posing a new question leaving out the cheese sandwich part too.
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:28:18 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 12:00:35 AM by No 1

It once took a whole week for my funds to show up  :/

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 06:35:45 PM

So you are telling me that getting a bitcoin-qt error with the bitcoin-qt client isn't a bitcoin-qt problem?  Or is it just because it has to do with s.r.?  Isn't that allowed?

Is network sync ok? Try to send a small amount to your friend.  You are not on test net, are you?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: