Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ventilation Question  (Read 341 times)
art29 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:53:24 PM

Hey guys,

I am looking for 2 fans, one to exhaust hot air and another to bring in cold air. I am planning to have between 12-15 miners in my small basement room. I need to calculate what type of fan I need.

My miners: 10 L3+, 3 D3, one eth 6card rig

What type of industrial fan do I need? 1200+CFM is ok or do I need more?

Thank you guys, links to these topics would suffice.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:02:15 PM

Check out Angry Chicken on Youtube. He has several videos discussing setting up a cooling system similar to what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3quo7RpmM
trinitrate

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:06:57 PM

Rule of thumb would be 220 cfm for each antminer and maybe about that much more for the GPU rug.  That might get you into the neighborhood of 3000 CFM for your setup.

If you have a LOT of natural ventilation / open windows etc. you may be able to get away without a lot if forced make-up air, but to be safe you'd want enough air being forced into the basement to replace the hot air your forcing out.

A cheap answer to getting ~ 3000cfm might be something like this:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hvac/fans/blower/portable-ventilation-fan-12-inch-with-16-feet-flexible-ducting

You can order a 12" exhaust that looks similar to an oversize dryer vent through Home Depot to cap off the outside, or you can just shove the exhaust hose through a window if you have access.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: