Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg and Bitcoin  (Read 8461 times)
Swapster

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:35:07 PM

BTC as the currency of choice on FB? That would be sweet.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:12:22 PM

imagine...

(imagine if you became rich by playing on the internet, that would be sweet)

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:02:20 PM

In other news.

Mark Zuckerburg dumps $1 billion into LiteCoin.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

In other news.

Mark Zuckerburg dumps $1 billion into LiteCoin.

LOL

wannabitcoin

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:38:29 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1f77qd/mark_zuckerberg_talks_about_bitcoin_in_hungary/

I have waited to hear what Zuck thinks about Bitcoin. That is great!

He is a manchild and I bet his only interest in bitcoin is the fact that the Winklvoss twins 'own 1% of bitcoins.' Just like Jobs vs. Gates it has more to do with a pissing contest than any benefit to humanity.

Personally I don't think it's a good thing for that megalomaniac to have interest in it.

+1

Donations are accepted:
BTC:  1NCrF3F6S6T511dedU1puWXhs1bEVmLuY8
LTC:   LPksBuKVNWvLaiBKG4wDDCF3fqrQoTL7Sg       XRP: rLubad3VQxaeT6qk43jEGPJX7ADkMBkwTM
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:34:49 AM

Just imagine:
Zuckerberg buidling a Facebook-based Ripple-network, using Bitcoin (no, not FB-coin, definitely not Facebook-coin...)
That will happen
Don't forget to bump this thread when it happens

I'm sorry, but I kinda doubt that anyone who opens their network to the CIA regularly and attends Bilderberg meetings is going to be good for Bitcoin.

Just sayin'.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:48:03 AM

if we focused on getting all nascar and NFL NBA fans to each buy 1 bitcoin...... The price of bitcoin wil do amazing thing, on top of add to its decentralized nature, as there will also be much more widespread circulation and adoption.
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:59:08 AM

WOW bitcoins really starting to takeoff
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:49:34 AM

The real problem is: if he is really gonna do something, why Hungary?

And no, it's naive to think that Zuck is stupid enough to spend millions just to screw the Winkleviis, or that he doesn't know that anything he can do will only have temporary effect on Bitcoin and if it backfires it will benefit the Winkleviis hugely.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
impulse

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:54:47 AM

Bits of Proof is based in Hungary. If one were to implement Bitcoin on a Facebook scale, they would want an enterprise level solution. Just a thought.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:59:11 AM

Mark Zuckerberg is a smart man.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:06:28 AM

Just imagine:
Zuckerberg buidling a Facebook-based Ripple-network, using Bitcoin (no, not FB-coin, definitely not Facebook-coin...)
That will happen

I'm sorry, but I kinda doubt that anyone who opens their network to the CIA regularly and attends Bilderberg meetings is going to be good for Bitcoin.

Just sayin'.

+1
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:23:01 AM

Zuckerburg is a idea thief and a technology pirate so he should fit right in here.

Actually this is closer to the truth than you might imagine ... however he still has to demonstrate that he can handle his coins Wink ....

... how good would that look ... "all Zuck's coins belongs to us" being posted up on pastebin?

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:21:25 AM

Just imagine:
That will happen

Just sayin'.

Emmm... Are you speaking about Gavin?

Cheesy

ShaunOfTheLive

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:59:20 AM

BTC as the currency of choice on FB? That would be sweet.

I'd love to use my mined coins to directly fund my Farmville 2 account. The amount I can mine isn't significant enough to bother exchanging to fiat or spending on anything else, and Farmville 2 isn't significant enough to spend my fiat money on. Win-win.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 11:09:39 AM

He almost certainly wants to get an impression of the popularity of Bitcoin when he's asking random people about it.

Maybe he's been asked by the establishment what he can do against Bitcoin, that's why there is this meeting, so he will probably come up with something built into Facebook (much better than those Facebook Credits of course). That way he can also hurt his Winklevii arch rivals and kill two birds with one stone.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
shields

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:01:16 PM

I can't wait until he completes the ultimate troll on the Winklevii by revealing that he is in fact Satoshi and he has a hidden backdoor that resets their wallets to 0 Cheesy

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:13:24 PM

He didn't steal anything, you can't steal the idea of a 'social network'. In fact myspace was already out, so if you really think Mark stole the idea of a social network, then them two guys stole it from myspace.

You can't steal something if it isn't already made, Facebook wasn't made. The whole concept of having the social network for the university wasn't made. Mark literally made it himself. Them guys wouldn't of been able to program the site, that's the reason they spoke to Mark in the first place.
Them guys had a IDEA, that's all.

I can't say I invented flying cars if I draw a picture and show you the proof. There have been many people who have thought of a idea, but couldn't make it. So someone else did. But they didn't steal it, because it didn't existence in the first place.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

Not exactly true... he was supposed to be making it with/for them..... 

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:45:38 PM

Bits of Proof is based in Hungary. If one were to implement Bitcoin on a Facebook scale, they would want an enterprise level solution. Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBLd_wFmbjg
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: