Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Bitcoin miners on a laptop?  (Read 1487 times)
designer24 (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Serious miners are not DESIGNED to be "carried around" - they're too power-hungry and need RELIABLE internet.

If you insist on a "carry around" concept, your best bet will probably be the Futurebit Moonlander II once he gets more of those available for sale - it's based on a current-gen efficient mining chip (unlike ANYTHING ELSE of a "portable" nature right now), it's just that "stick" miners are ALWAYS expensive per hash.

The first-generation Moonlander would be the next-best option (they are still profitable at low electric costs, though the cost per hash is of course high).

Anything else that is at all portable is going to be a money LOSER except perhaps on FREE electric.

Sidehack (Gekkoscience) has been talking about putting together some BitFury based gear based on THEIR current-gen mining chip, but hasn't gotten to it yet.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.
But all Moonlander sticks are sold out including the first gen... it's not easy to find any of them.. do you know any store which has this in stock?

I sold my desktop a while ago and am doing all of my works on a laptop at multiple offices plus starbucks, libraries, etc. At this point, I can't invest way too much on mining rigs like some people do here with several 1080 GTX cards lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: