Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:11:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for partner with paypal account (receiving payments)  (Read 3327 times)
hidden_citizen (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:28:50 AM

Hi!

I've recently started a business, and the most of my clients want to pay me via paypal. The problem is, receiving payments via paypal is not available for me, since only the citizens of some selected coutries can receive payments via paypal, and I don't live in one of them. I have already lost two clients who wanted my work but didn't want to bother with Bitcoins or Liberty Reserve or whatever. One more client agreed to Liberty Reserve, but now is saying that he regrets and complaining about difficulty of buying LR.

So, I think that conducting the business in the present state of affairs is impossible.

So, I am looking for a partner with a paypal account who would receive payments for me and send me equivalents in Liberty Reserve or in Bitcoins (by your choice). A small percent of money would be your fee. Suggest what would be an appropriate percent in your opinoin.

Also, I heard that paypal sometimes is used by scammers, and it is needed to wait several days for confirmation of a trasfer. So, I am ok with that, you can wait an appropriate time after each payment and only then send me my bitcoins.

The expected turnover is small. I expect several clients a week, average client pays 10 dollars. Also, some breaks are possible due to my being busy with other work.

So, are there any people here willing to take part?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:34:00 AM

I've recently started a business, and the most of my clients want to pay me via paypal. The problem is, receiving payments via paypal is not available for me, since only the citizens of some selected coutries can receive payments via paypal, and I don't live in one of them. I have already lost two clients who wanted my work but didn't want to bother with Bitcoins or Liberty Reserve or whatever.

Insist.

Give them a link to mybitcoin.com and to mt Gox.

hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:39:27 AM

I've recently started a business, and the most of my clients want to pay me via paypal. The problem is, receiving payments via paypal is not available for me, since only the citizens of some selected coutries can receive payments via paypal, and I don't live in one of them. I have already lost two clients who wanted my work but didn't want to bother with Bitcoins or Liberty Reserve or whatever.

Insist.

I gave. That didn't help.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 05:42:38 AM

how about http://bitcoingateway.com ? can buy bitcoins with creditcard?

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 06:13:07 AM

how about http://bitcoingateway.com ? can buy bitcoins with creditcard?
Here is what is said on bitcoingateway.com: "Currently, we can only accept US customers."

My clients were from U.K. Having clients only from the U.S. is a big restriction. Also, I suspect that people who hear about bitcoins for the first time would VERY reluctantly disclose their creditcard number to bitcoingateway.com.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 03:39:03 PM

Have you found anyone yet?  I may be able to help you.  Check your private messages.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:09:35 AM

You are asking people to put themselves at risk of fraud and offing only a few percent?

The few days you speak of is actually 45. If the Paypal was purchased with borrowed money, such as with an Amex card, clawbacks can happen up to 180 days later.

The basic rule with Paypal is that you can safely take payments only from spenders you can trust. You can't treat PP payments like cash payments. PP is not money, it is the promise of money.

To discuss the risks and the possibility that this might work would require knowing what sort of trade you are doing. If you are settling with anything liquid, anything that can be readily resold, the risk of taking PP from a stranger is very high indeed and therefore needs a very high markup.

Your offer sounds like a setup to be scammed. If you want to deal with an unverified public, you must accept cash only.

nanaimogold

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:13:40 AM

Insist.

That's not a good idea. Paypal is horrified by privately issued digital currency and even forbid such trades in their ToS.

Anonymous

December 11, 2010, 01:01:11 AM

I've recently started a business, and the most of my customers want to scam me via paypal.

fixed.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 01:08:17 AM

I've recently started a business, and the most of my customers want to scam me via paypal.

fixed.

Hahahahaha!  Cheesy
hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 10:57:05 AM

The few days you speak of is actually 45. If the Paypal was purchased with borrowed money, such as with an Amex card, clawbacks can happen up to 180 days later.
I am O.K. with waiting 45 days.
As for 180 days, I don't know if this is true, I never heard of it, but if it is, then, well, I can't say I am O.K. with that, but I am still willing to wait that long. Because what choice do I have?

The basic rule with Paypal is that you can safely take payments only from spenders you can trust. You can't treat PP payments like cash payments. PP is not money, it is the promise of money.
Listen, I understand what paypal is. But I have no choice. Paypal is the most popular (and I daresay the only popular) payment system. Ordinary people don't know about anything else and don't want to bother for the sake of 10 dollars transfer. And I am speaking about ordinary people. If I would look for clients only within the bitcoin community, then I think I wouldn't have a single client until the Second Coming of Christ. The bitcoin community is still too small, you know.

To discuss the risks and the possibility that this might work would require knowing what sort of trade you are doing. If you are settling with anything liquid, anything that can be readily resold, the risk of taking PP from a stranger is very high indeed and therefore needs a very high markup.
I provide a sort of consulting, so it can hardly be readily resold. Also, usually I don't demand prepayment. So, if they want to scam me, they would just refuse to pay. Smiley

If you want to deal with an unverified public, you must accept cash only.
How the hell can I do it? Accepting cash only is a VERY big restriction on the number of clients. Maybe you would suggest me to deal only with martians and wait for UFO's landing in front of my house to deal with them?
hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 11:01:05 AM

fixed.

Hahahahaha!  Cheesy
That's not funny.
Anonymous

December 11, 2010, 11:36:37 AM

fixed.

Hahahahaha!  Cheesy
That's not funny.

No its not funny. Its depressing and sad and a blight on the world that a company which started out as libertarian doesn't respect contracts between merchants and customers.

I suggest you use paypal mass pay if you want to keep fraud to a minimum. You need someone with a verified business account to do so .
hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 11:59:43 AM

No its not funny. Its depressing and sad and a blight on the world that a company which started out as libertarian doesn't respect contracts between merchants and customers.
What are you talking about?
Anyway, I am not a libertarian. And I don't like libertarians.
Anonymous

December 11, 2010, 12:05:30 PM

Peter Thiel who founded paypal is a libertarian.

hidden_citizen (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:16:55 PM

Ooh... Really? I didn't know that. Anyway, no wonder. One more argument against libertarians. Smiley Smiley
Anonymous

December 11, 2010, 12:30:34 PM

Ooh... Really? I didn't know that. Anyway, no wonder. One more argument against libertarians. Smiley Smiley
haha you probably have a point. Im not libertarian either.

http://www.pop.is/25oap  I found this just now. This guy donated to wikileaks using paypal and they shut his account down and blocked him. There are some links there to other payment processors you might find useful.

nanaimogold

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:46:12 PM

Oh, I thought you said librarian.

nanaimogold

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 01:16:52 PM

I am O.K. with waiting 45 days.
As for 180 days, I don't know if this is true, I never heard of it, but if it is, then, well, I can't say I am O.K. with that, but I am still willing to wait that long. Because what choice do I have?

Listen, I understand what paypal is. But I have no choice. Paypal is the most popular (and I daresay the only popular) payment system. Ordinary people don't know about anything else and don't want to bother for the sake of 10 dollars transfer. And I am speaking about ordinary people. If I would look for clients only within the bitcoin community, then I think I wouldn't have a single client until the Second Coming of Christ. The bitcoin community is still too small, you know.

I provide a sort of consulting, so it can hardly be readily resold. Also, usually I don't demand prepayment. So, if they want to scam me, they would just refuse to pay. Smiley

If you want to deal with an unverified public, you must accept cash only.
How the hell can I do it? Accepting cash only is a VERY big restriction on the number of clients. Maybe you would suggest me to deal only with martians and wait for UFO's landing in front of my house to deal with them?

Why would I explain this to a smart ass for free? If I billed you would you be less rude?

How do you think people place bets from afar? What do the punters use? They use cash. Green Dot, Paysafe Cards, WebMoney, LR, WU, bank wires, moneygram, money orders, post office transfers etc etc etc

All paid for with cash. No promises or borrowed money.

If you are charging a low fee for something that a thief can't resell, then perhaps you can trust the spender's Paypal. Do you understand why what you sell is important in deciding if you can trust your customers? From what you describe, I think you might be OK, but you can't expect an exchanger to accept you at your word unless he trusts you. Such is the devil that is soft money.

You might get an exchanger to periodically cash you out through his bank account if you were willing to guarantee against chargebacks by leaving a deposit. Maybe you should negotiate the fee rather than just arbitrarily offering "A small percent of money would be your fee".

Paypal is not the only popular payment system. Certainly much more money is transferred by wires. by cheques, by WU etc - lots of services are bigger than Paypal.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 06:27:27 PM

Peter Thiel have nothing to do with Paypal now, therefore he isn't responsible for bad behaviors of paypal.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: