Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should We Print a Bitcoin Bible?  (Read 1790 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 06:17:56 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 06:28:35 PM by FinShaggy

What if we printed Bibles and replaced all mentioned of "God" with "The Economy", and all mentions of "Jesus" with "Bitcoin"? I think there might be some Christians that latch onto it as a financial aid book. There are Christians embracing "Satanist" ideas all the time and "switching sides", when really they are just Changing Philosophy but actually remaining within the same basic faith.

Like we can make "The Economy" tell "Bitcoin" to build a boat before the flood and save all the animals.

And "The Economy" can tell "Bitcoin" to lead god's people out of Egypt and to the land of Cannon.

Then the rightful bloodline of "The Economy", "Bitcoin", kills the giant "Debt" with a single stone and sling.

Then "The Economy" sends its only begotten son "Bitcoin" to die for our spendful ways, then on the 3rd day he rises again Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acs26

May 28, 2013, 06:27:38 PM

Errrr..

No.
----
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

Errrr..

No.
----

Why not?

acs26

May 28, 2013, 06:30:58 PM

It's basically like building a new Religion, with just a book.

Not possible.

If you want people to follow it, you'd most likely need to build a Religion so people could be kept in order, and also the beliefs.

Which is not that easy.
----
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 07:45:04 PM

Not possible.

If you want people to follow it, you'd most likely need to build a Religion so people could be kept in order, and also the beliefs.

Which is not that easy.
----

No it's not. It's like writing "The Purpose driven life", but for finance.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:02:22 PM

What if we printed Bibles and replaced all mentioned of "God" with "The Economy", and all mentions of "Jesus" with "Bitcoin"? I think there might be some Christians that latch onto it as a financial aid book. There are Christians embracing "Satanist" ideas all the time and "switching sides", when really they are just Changing Philosophy but actually remaining within the same basic faith.

Like we can make "The Economy" tell "Bitcoin" to build a boat before the flood and save all the animals.

And "The Economy" can tell "Bitcoin" to lead god's people out of Egypt and to the land of Cannon.

Then the rightful bloodline of "The Economy", "Bitcoin", kills the giant "Debt" with a single stone and sling.

Then "The Economy" sends its only begotten son "Bitcoin" to die for our spendful ways, then on the 3rd day he rises again Smiley

Why would you want to "switch "sides" when you know who's gonna lose at the end of the book?

I am not for a Bible bitcoin. We should try a Q'ran bitcoin instead and watch what would happen on Betsofbitco.in...
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:18:01 AM

Why would you want to "switch "sides" when you know who's gonna lose at the end of the book?

I am not for a Bible bitcoin. We should try a Q'ran bitcoin instead and watch what would happen on Betsofbitco.in...

I'm not trying to get people to switch sides. My point was that people embrace Satanism every day, so I' sure a financial bible could be successful.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:22:23 AM

What if we printed Bibles ....

Nope.  The future's in e-books.
Preschoolv2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:23:08 AM

Bitcoin comic.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:33:31 AM

Not possible.
I wouldn't say that...

But yeah, this is typical FinShaggy. Blindfolded, spinning around wildly, throwing darts hoping to hit a bulls-eye.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:15:25 AM

The Bitcoin Bible would start with the creation story.  This would be a perfect lead in to the ideology.  Then it could teach about basic use and give updated security tips.  Ending on a fun note there would be speculation about bitcoins freeing the minds of people in difficult times, and the second coming of Satoshi.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:16:14 AM

The Bitcoin Bible would start with the creation story.  This would be a perfect lead in to the ideology.  Then it could teach about basic use and give updated security tips.  Ending on a fun note there would be speculation about bitcoins freeing the minds of people in difficult times, and the second coming of Satoshi.

Hell yeah, a new Genesis and Revelations instead of the traditional ones Smiley

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:50:36 AM

In the beginning there was zero, the void.  From zero came one, the Universe, the positive and negative - masculine and feminine.  Through their interaction all else came to be.

Now how to ramp that up and connect it to hashtags..  Tongue  Funny I actually have a lot of this worked out already.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:56:17 AM

In the beginning there was zero, the void.  From zero came one, the Universe, the positive and negative - masculine and feminine.  Through their interaction all else came to be.

Now how to ramp that up and connect it to hashtags..  Tongue  Funny I actually have a lot of this worked out already.

Let's get it done.

This month I am making a bunch of Bitcoin Town videos, but I would be down to PM and chat about really getting this done, as well as making videos about it (and linking to it)

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:34:12 AM

Sounds fun, what are you envisioning as an end product?

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:36:17 AM

Bitcoin comic.

I think a Bitcoin comic will be great, with the concepts are explained in simple layman's terms.   It will create more awareness for Bitcoin.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:36:49 AM

Sounds fun, what are you envisioning as an end product?

Just like a brown bound Bible, with Onion leaf paper. Probably just with "BTC" or "Satoshi" as the title.

keatonatron

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:57:22 AM

Just as a novelty item...?

If you want to actually present it as study material, tell people to read a normal Bible and just think of God as the economy and God's prophets as bitcoin.

I don't think reprinting the whole Bible with one name changed would suddenly make people understand what they couldn't before  Wink

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:03:27 AM

If you want to actually present it as study material, tell people to read a normal Bible and just think of God as the economy and God's prophets as bitcoin.

I don't think reprinting the whole Bible with one name changed would suddenly make people understand what they couldn't before  Wink

People buy vampire Bibles and stuff, or books about what to do in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:17:19 AM

I don't think reprinting the whole Bible with one name changed would suddenly make people understand what they couldn't before  Wink

So you are telling me that economy is irrational destructive and murdering force?

You should do away with Bible, rather bad litterature and nasty main character... And it's very far away from your values...

Go with simplified theories and explanations why the bitcoin is for the best and why this way should work the best.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: