Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:37:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China is buying - Something's coming up  (Read 1240 times)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:36:24 PM

The inability to buy and sell Bitcoin in a convenient manner is brewing, that's what.

It looks like Chinese folks are already planning their post ban trading options and it's going to be a lot more ramshackle than their current choices. They may as well either stock up or get rid beforehand. There's going to be a lot more friction once it's in place.

Yeah, it sounds like Telegram OTC trading is one of the most likely options, given what I am hearing. That's crazy given what Chinese traders are used to. My friend in Shanghai said fiat withdrawals in and out of Okcoin took 10-15 minutes. Going from liquid order book exchanges to LocalBitcoins-style trading on Telegram? What a drag. I bet that, in time, the authorities will then ban Telegram.

Surely the Chinese government doesn't think they can stop people from trading cryptocurrency entirely?! What percentage of the population uses Facebook despite the blocked access, for instance?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

The inability to buy and sell Bitcoin in a convenient manner is brewing, that's what.

It looks like Chinese folks are already planning their post ban trading options and it's going to be a lot more ramshackle than their current choices. They may as well either stock up or get rid beforehand. There's going to be a lot more friction once it's in place.

Yeah, it sounds like Telegram OTC trading is one of the most likely options, given what I am hearing. That's crazy given what Chinese traders are used to. My friend in Shanghai said fiat withdrawals in and out of Okcoin took 10-15 minutes. Going from liquid order book exchanges to LocalBitcoins-style trading on Telegram? What a drag. I bet that, in time, the authorities will then ban Telegram.

Surely the Chinese government doesn't think they can stop people from trading cryptocurrency entirely?! What percentage of the population uses Facebook despite the blocked access, for instance?

Yes I agree people in china has to become freely despite of the resitance of the government, and I don't think exchanges can't be stopped now. I am certain people will eventually invest and will still trade their holding as there were many ways to access the net anonymously. So I believed another price surge will happened going october this year and hopefully we are at $5000 soon and success will come to all of us here.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:35:50 AM

I don't get it. china declared that they're going to banned exchanges of coins from their country that's why people do panic selling that's why bitcoin had a big dump this past few days. and now they're buying ? hmm. I smell something from this scenario. im lucky because i didn't sell out my coins when bitcoin had a big dump under $3000.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:10:38 AM

That's what everyone is doing right now waiting for price to drop but the opposite happens now if they buy at higher orice it will take more time to get profit so best solution you have a voice which people follow tell some shit about bitcoin or ban exchanges price crashes enter the market enjoy the profit. The best part is suddenly government's are so interested in bitcoin
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:58:38 AM

Yes I agree people in china has to become freely despite of the resitance of the government, and I don't think exchanges can't be stopped now. I am certain people will eventually invest and will still trade their holding as there were many ways to access the net anonymously. So I believed another price surge will happened going october this year and hopefully we are at $5000 soon and success will come to all of us here.

At first, I thought that the government was just rolling out licensing and regulation. But now there are rumors that they want to block the entire P2P network within China, and promote the use of a blockchain currency issued by the Bank of China. I wonder how many Chinese people would really fall for such a bait-and-switch. Cheesy

I don't get it. china declared that they're going to banned exchanges of coins from their country that's why people do panic selling that's why bitcoin had a big dump this past few days. and now they're buying ? hmm. I smell something from this scenario. im lucky because i didn't sell out my coins when bitcoin had a big dump under $3000.

One issue here is that it's going to be considerably more difficult for traders to buy/sell BTC. So those that want to use BTC to move to overseas exchanges need to do so sooner than later, before the exchanges shut down.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

The initial reaction was of course panic selling, but if you give people one they will reflect on their positions. While exchanges may be shut, buying and selling Bitcoin over the counter is allowed. If I was in China, this might be an opportunity to build a nice crypto portfolio.
kevinn669

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:03:20 AM

The initial reaction was of course panic selling, but if you give people one they will reflect on their positions. While exchanges may be shut, buying and selling Bitcoin over the counter is allowed. If I was in China, this might be an opportunity to build a nice crypto portfolio.

I also think that Chinese traders will now buy up coins and take them out for purses for long-term storage. Or for trading on other exchanges

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀
         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██▀███▄  ██    ████  ███  ██   ▄▄██ ██              ▀███▀   
         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ▀███▄██     ▀▀   ███  ██ ███▀▀  ██    ██████     ▐█▌   
         ██       ██    ▀████          ███  ██  ▀██▄  ▐██▄     ▄██     ▐█▌   
         ████████ ██      ▀██          ███  ██    ▀██▄  ▀▀█████▀▀      ▐█▌   
                              ████████████                                   
      ▄▄▄▄        ▄███▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████▀
               █████   
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀   
 ▀▀████████▌ ▐██▌     
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀ ▄▄   
               █████▄ 
             █▄ ▀████▌
             ███  ▀███▌
             ███    ▀▀▀
             ███       
             ███       
             ███           
            ▐███▌     
           ▄█████▄     
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Register and Get Access
Facebook   Telegram
Twitter       Announcement
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

But what would you do with the portfolio you built up? The Chinese can't access the western exchanges thanks to the Great Firewall. So to sell they'd need to travel in person to Macau or Hong Kong and find a local bitcoin dealer to sell to. And all that travelling, hotel costs etc adds cost to the sale.

I think they'll get out of crypto and find something else to put their money in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:18:29 AM

this does look quite strange. like there is an odd scenario. China has previously done bitcoin sales thoroughly, but now when we see the volume in the exchange china seen there is a significant increase. I will not take a headache, the most important bitcoin price increases and I can still earn from bitcoin.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

I also think that Chinese traders will now buy up coins and take them out for purses for long-term storage. Or for trading on other exchanges

I do not buy this point when Chinese government has clearly started a ban on ICO and asking the exchanges to shut this means they are not in a favor of bitcoin. And now if people does buy bitcoin though there is no official ban as of now in China for people to buy coins but sooner or later I personally think this might come up so people would be cautious and will not buy coins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: