Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:46:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I keep getting hammered with rude comments so let me try once more.  (Read 259 times)
BetterWater (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:43:36 PM

As you may already know experience Cryptocurrency users can be extremely elitist and rude. But look, we don't all have computer science backgrounds, nor were we all born with perfect understanding of cryptography or Macro economics.

I have been in the space for about 6 months and most things I have learned have either been from Antonopolous book or from unbiased articles. Because everytime I ask something on Reddit or slack groups I get absolutely pummeled by elitist comments or straight out ignored.

Over time I have accumulated a couple of questions which I have not be able to properly google or find answers to.
If anyone would be so kind to help me understand more I would be eternally grateful.

1. Why do Bitcoin Cash users find Bcash derogatory?

2. What is the difference between Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin Cash?

3. From what I understand Bitcoin Core is a full node wallet? Is that to help broadcast transactions to other nodes? Is there something special about it I am missing..?

4. I am learning python in order to learn to interact with the bitcoin blockchain so that I can learn more about how the parts fit together, any advice on what to build first? I

Thanks..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:00:21 PM

1. Why do Bitcoin Cash users find Bcash derogatory?
When they decided to go through with the fork, their aim was to be a differing version of Bitcoin, so they wanted to keep the association between that chain and the earlier one.  They believe that Bcash removes the association between Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin, and because it originated mainly from r/bitcoin where most people are opposed to Bitcoin Cash, many of them believe that this was deliberate.
2. What is the difference between Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin Cash?
Bitcoin Unlimited proposed introducing the ability for miners to change the block size using a new system called Emergent Consensus.  IIRC Bitcoin Cash just did a simpler block size increase to 8MB.

Also, Bitcoin Unlimited required support from 75% or more of miners for them to activate it, whereas Bitcoin Cash's intention is to allow the market to choose between the two chains over time instead of gathering support beforehand.

However, because they both share the belief that Bitcoin should be scaled with significant block size increases, the same people tend to support both proposals (and Bitcoin Unlimited supporters tend to support the new Bitcoin Cash chain).
3. From what I understand Bitcoin Core is a full node wallet? Is that to help broadcast transactions to other nodes? Is there something special about it I am missing..?
The most important benefit of a full node is that you can personally verify that none of the network's consensus rules have been broken without relying on other full nodes to verify this for you.  It's how you run a trustless wallet.

There are also other benefits to running full nodes.
4. I am learning python in order to learn to interact with the bitcoin blockchain so that I can learn more about how the parts fit together, any advice on what to build first?
Someone else will have to answer this.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:15:06 PM

1. Bitcoin Cash fans consider it to be the real Bitcoin, so taking "Bitcoin" out of the name is considered derogatory.

2. Bitcoin Unlimited is a wallet and organization supporting a larger maximum block size. There might also be a Bitcoin Unlimited coin, too. Who knows?

3. Full nodes relay transactions and blocks to each other. Bitcoin Core is one of the implementations of a full node for Bitcoin.

4. It is not necessary to learn a programming language in order to learn how the parts fit together. On the other hand, knowing a programming language might be a good skill to have.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BetterWater (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

Thank you for your time and answers gentlemen or ladies.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: