Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My answer to the big question of Hodling  (Read 1330 times)
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:52:54 AM

The question is when to sell of course. Because eventually you do have to sell something to realize any profits. My strategy is outlined below, let me know what you think and feel free to share yours. Mine has not been tested as I'm still fairly new to trading and should not be taken as investment advice.
First and foremost, i only invest with money i can afford to lose and only into projects i have throughly researched.  What I plan to do is buy  and hodl until the price is 2X. Then sell half, essentially giving me back my initial investment, anything I sell afterward is pure profit.
I hodl again until  the price reaches 10X. Then sell 20%, giving me a 100% return on my investment again. This would be my first actual profit. I hodl again until the price reaches 100X. Then sell 20% again, giving me a 800% return on my investment.
 I hodl again until the price reaches 1000X. Then sell half my remaining balance, giving me a 1600% return on my investment
. At this point I would still retain 16% of my original balance and have recieved a 169X return overall on my investment. Obviously I would have to get in early on a coin/asset and still then wait years potentially to see the returns I want. I'd have my stop loss set at 75% of the orginal price until my first selling at 2X and 50% of the original price there after.

So that's my plan, how's it sound? Obviously I could hodl for the 1000X the entire time, but I feel this is a nice way to lock in some profit early while still holding for the long haul.

Im not good in trading yet but I want to learn more to have more profit.Im just earning on my salaries on this job.I'll hold my salary if I dont need it.But if I need it I have to sell it but atleast I have bitcoin to sold anytime I need.
Holding is the best way for having a good amount of earnings and profit at the end. I consider of holding of Bitcoin as the best option especially for the ones who don’t have enough time and knowledge to trade. Trading is another good option but for that you need to be very much skillful and it needs a lot of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:04:18 PM

And what is this equation you speak if.? I have not found a standard like you imply there is
ghost14k

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:50:03 PM

Your plan might actually work if the coin you are holding can be rising like that. Though holding is the best form of trading strategy but requires lots of patience.
Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:53:47 PM

1000x? damn, good luck with that.

mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:13:51 PM

this strategy seems very good, the only thing here that is a factor really is your patience; as with any other trading strategy it makes sense on paper but in practice YOU are the determining factor. also you'd have to be very early to achieve those kinds of returns. good luck

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:22:09 PM

I think it is the easiest option for most people. Yes you can make more with trading but it takes a lot of time and knowledge.
When to sell is the hard question , i think when you don't feel comfortable holding anymore you sell or at least a part.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:28:32 AM

This question has already been answered a half dozen times over. There's a simple equation that you use when you're questioning holding. Everybody knows it there's no reason to ask yourself shouldn't be holding or should have ice be spending. Simply use the equation that all of the other traitors to and your question will be answered every single time.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 08:37:04 AM

You gave a wonderful HODLING technique. But we are in the bearish moment, where its very impossible to have a 2X to 100X profit. Lets see if Market would retrace by 2018. I heard 2018 is a very bearish period.

The question is when to sell of course. Because eventually you do have to sell something to realize any profits. My strategy is outlined below, let me know what you think and feel free to share yours. Mine has not been tested as I'm still fairly new to trading and should not be taken as investment advice.
First and foremost, i only invest with money i can afford to lose and only into projects i have throughly researched.  What I plan to do is buy  and hodl until the price is 2X. Then sell half, essentially giving me back my initial investment, anything I sell afterward is pure profit.
I hodl again until  the price reaches 10X. Then sell 20%, giving me a 100% return on my investment again. This would be my first actual profit. I hodl again until the price reaches 100X. Then sell 20% again, giving me a 800% return on my investment.
 I hodl again until the price reaches 1000X. Then sell half my remaining balance, giving me a 1600% return on my investment. At this point I would still retain 16% of my original balance and have recieved a 169X return overall on my investment. Obviously I would have to get in early on a coin/asset and still then wait years potentially to see the returns I want. I'd have my stop loss set at 75% of the orginal price until my first selling at 2X and 50% of the original price there after.

So that's my plan, how's it sound? Obviously I could hodl for the 1000X the entire time, but I feel this is a nice way to lock in some profit early while still holding for the long haul.

dashbit

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

I hodl again until the price reaches 1000X. Then sell half my remaining balance, giving me a 1600% return on my investment. At this point I would still retain 16% of my original balance and have recieved a 169X return overall on my investment. Obviously I would have to get in early on a coin/asset and still then wait years potentially to see the returns I want. I'd have my stop loss set at 75% of the orginal price until my first selling at 2X and 50% of the original price there after.

Is this strategy or dream.Yeah i know this seniario is very much possible with bitcoin if you have started on 2009-1012 era.
But right now lots of coins are just pum and dum coins and other than bitcoin almost no other coin have shown that much of stability.
My strategy  is daily basis i keep 1% growth everyday.
and that's my profit.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 08:46:16 AM

Most of the traders/investors do your strategy, setting limits and stick to it. I hope people that are new to cryptocurrency would read this because it will help them to achieve what they want which is profit and I also want them to rely on their guts and not on their emotions while seeing the price goes down.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: