Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 profitability (November batch) UK  (Read 11105 times)
Pchahal (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:32:41 PM

Hi was wondering if it is still profitable to buy antminer d3 in September and what the ROI will be for it? I live in the UK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:38:23 PM

If you have expensive electricity, don't buy any mining hardware.

Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

It costs 0.24 usd per kwh and i am currently sharing the electricity bill with 1 other person
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:47:57 PM

That's pretty expensive electricity price for mining in my opinion.

blackbyte83

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:01:07 PM

Why? Ok, I pay 0.28€/kwh, which is pretty high... but if I could get a Antminer D3 device now, I would theoretically make a profit of approx. $4.000 in a month (all costs included).

But the question is for how long you would make this amount of profit, because of rising difficulty. I think this was the question of Pchahal - and I also would like to know...
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:49:35 PM

Why? Ok, I pay 0.28€/kwh, which is pretty high... but if I could get a Antminer D3 device now, I would theoretically make a profit of approx. $4.000 in a month (all costs included).

But the question is for how long you would make this amount of profit, because of rising difficulty. I think this was the question of Pchahal - and I also would like to know...

the Dif is gonna EXPLODE.  Inno starts shipping their BOSS X11 miner, so if you are wondering how bitmain will raise the diff, keep in mind inno ships 38GH/s (OC) X11 miners starting in 2 days.
By november, its gonna be ugly imo, and even the other x11 alts are gonna get slayed as D3 hunters desperatly try make $$$
Do you ever wonder why people are selling preorders? Cheesy Cheesy

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:48:24 AM

the Dif is gonna EXPLODE.  Inno starts shipping their BOSS X11 miner, so if you are wondering how bitmain will raise the diff, keep in mind inno ships 38GH/s (OC) X11 miners starting in 2 days.
By november, its gonna be ugly imo, and even the other x11 alts are gonna get slayed as D3 hunters desperatly try make $$$

I am very confused as many people say it's still worth buying and others are stating the contrary!
Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:50:40 AM

I am very confused as many people say it's still worth buying and others are stating the contrary!

But yea i just understood what you mean. the officiall inno website have already sold out the A5 dashmaster!
bytiges

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:57:11 AM

nobody knows for sure. the only way is to buy and see yourself.
the other way is not to buy and see yourself.

Either way, you can't know now because there's not enough information available.
Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:59:01 AM

But yea i just understood what you mean. the officiall inno website have already sold out the A5 dashmaster!

whats the full name of the x11 miner that inno will release on their website?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 11:41:58 AM

whats the full name of the x11 miner that inno will release on their website?

He just said it. Innosilicon A5 DashMaster.
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a5-miner/index.html

bytiges

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:44:37 PM

LOL at 9999/each for 38GH it will never ROI.
ItsCrafty

Activity: 826
Merit: 135

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 05:16:43 PM

True, but a D3 for $1400 @15gh would, I reckon.

Provided you have the miner in hand right now. I am loosing confidence in October and Nov batches.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
ItsCrafty

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 12:14:00 PM

True, but a D3 for $1400 @15gh would, I reckon.

Provided you have the miner in hand right now. I am loosing confidence in October and Nov batches.

True, but I still think mining MUE from November onward would possibly net quite some coins, which can be traded for Bitcoin. Provided that its difficulty wont rise as much as Dash's difficulty will...

Fingers crossed. All my orders are confirmed now. Hope I get the returns on this investment Smiley

I am also hoping that new good coins will be added for mining on X11.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

That is why some stupid miners will never succeed, they only think about money. They could hold the coins but no, they sell their mined coins fast.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
nezero

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:03:10 PM

There are so many factors that influence the ROI. It's been said already, but we just will not know until we get them.

In my opinion we (in the UK) will get an ROI on the D3:

My theory is that the difficulty on all x11 coins will go up but so will the price.

Some x11 coins are doing very well already off the back of iBelink and Baikal hashing power hitting their networks. Don't forget that the 11GH/s iBelink's are already in the wild and that Bitmain already have had a Dash pool running for a while (that's only recently been open for public workers), anyone want to put BTC on what hardware they've been using?

For me I'll be holding all my mined coins when my new x11 ASIC's arrive... then retiring at young age!  Wink   

PaulusDixit

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:07:13 PM

I thing the can still ROI in 4-6 months. But there are just to many factors to be sure.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:10:10 PM

That is why some stupid miners will never succeed, they only think about money. They could hold the coins but no, they sell their mined coins fast.
If you run a large scale operation that's fine to do but for smaller scale operations like home mining it's indeed more profitable to simply hold some coins. Then there's people that started small in 2014 and kept reinvesting their money to make enormous farms from a couple S1s or so. It's all up to you in the end and whether or not you like risk.
ItsCrafty

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 03:23:39 PM

No need to call anyone stupid. In any business it is very important to understand the profitability and if simply buying those coins can gain you more money then why bother mining?

Wonder why are you here if not for money?

bytiges

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:09:13 PM

No need to call anyone stupid. In any business it is very important to understand the profitability and if simply buying those coins can gain you more money then why bother mining?

Wonder why are you here if not for money?
Perhaps some of us are here for the glory and the fun.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:49:15 PM

Depends. Do you think everyone mining with D3's is going to hold on to their coin?
That logic makes no sense. You want your ROI back as quickly as possible at the start.
plasmodesmata

Activity: 402
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:17:27 PM

I hope so... the lesson learned is: if you arent on the first shipment of a new Antminer from Bitmain, then just pass.
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:28:46 PM

This might help  Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346161.0
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:29:03 PM

Currently D3 are not making much money, mining Dash im getting around £4 per day and then you have to take off electricity costs as well.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: