Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 profitability (November batch) UK  (Read 882 times)
Pchahal (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:31:32 PM

Hi was wondering if it is still profitable to buy antminer d3 in September and what the ROI will be for it? I live in the UK
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:54:45 PM

The D3 will probably still be profitable in November, but it's going to be MUCH MUCH LOWER than it would be if you had one now and ROI is going to be measured in LOTS OF MONTHS at best.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:50:59 PM

The D3 will probably still be profitable in November, but it's going to be MUCH MUCH LOWER than it would be if you had one now and ROI is going to be measured in LOTS OF MONTHS at best.

So would you say its still worth buying?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:58:08 PM

It depends on what other options you have, your power costs, and other factors I can't speak to.

In MY situation, I didn't consider it worth buying past about the first batch (that I couldn't get into) as I have other options that I think will earn me more money for the same level of investment.

In YOUR situation, I can't say because I don't KNOW your situation or your preferences.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Pchahal (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:59:14 AM

It depends on what other options you have, your power costs, and other factors I can't speak to.

In MY situation, I didn't consider it worth buying past about the first batch (that I couldn't get into) as I have other options that I think will earn me more money for the same level of investment.

In YOUR situation, I can't say because I don't KNOW your situation or your preferences.

Well, my situation is,  i am a UK Resident and my electricity rates is around 0.24 usd per kwh. Currently I am sharing electricity bill with 3 other family members so i don't have the burden of paying it all myself.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:35:43 PM

Well, my situation is,  i am a UK Resident and my electricity rates is around 0.24 usd per kwh. Currently I am sharing electricity bill with 3 other family members so i don't have the burden of paying it all myself.

Ack! Crazy high electric cost!

You're going to have a hard time being profitable on ANYTHING at that electric rate.

(-_-)$$$$@ll_day

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

I totally agree with the person that replied, you are going to have a hard time making money and will increase the burden on the 3 other families due to high electricity costs, my suggestion is to flip it to a major farmer.

If you can't buy atleast 10 of these, then getting it in November makes no sense, eventually by next June 2018, they will be obsolete like the Antminer S9's unless you have like 10,000 of them, LOL.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:59:20 PM

I think its still going to be profitable, not as much as now, and even the september batch is going to take a hit due to the difficulty spike, if you don't overpay for it you're going to ROI imho
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: