Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about wallet fees. Where do they go?  (Read 439 times)
mullick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:01:08 PM

Just a question about the various alt coins and their fees. So I have some bitgem I want to send. The blocks are 10 min apart and I want to send them a little faster. So I add a fee via options. Will this make my confirmations go without waiting for a block? Does that money go to the people processing it? Or is this not at all how it works? I just want to know if adding a fee will actually speed up confirmations and where the funds go. looking specifically for ppcoin/novacoin fees if they differ, which is what bitgem is based off of
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:05:12 PM

The miners get the block reward + fees associated with it. When coins run out, fees will keep mining worthwhile (in theory).

K.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:11:28 PM

Just a question about the various alt coins and their fees. So I have some bitgem I want to send. The blocks are 10 min apart and I want to send them a little faster. So I add a fee via options. Will this make my confirmations go without waiting for a block? Does that money go to the people processing it? Or is this not at all how it works? I just want to know if adding a fee will actually speed up confirmations and where the funds go. looking specifically for ppcoin/novacoin fees if they differ, which is what bitgem is based off of

Fees can speed up the confirmations but only when miners decide to prioritize transactions with fee. For large networks like BTC, a little bit of fee can go a long way, but alt-coin networks seem to treat all transactions equally so far, just not enough volume to start prioritizing.
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:13:14 PM

hmmm so the transaction fees get added directly to the next block pretty much?
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:14:12 PM

" go without waiting for a block" is 0 confirmation of transaction - not secured

Ok thats what I thought. I just thought somehow other miners could verify against the blockchain or something i was way off ill do more research thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: