Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant+ How to change clock frequency (overclock)  (Read 879 times)
AltcoinScamfinder (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:41:38 PM

I run a fair amount of Baikal Giant+/A900 and am wanting to mess around with the clock frequency etc to overclock. Anyone have any advice on how to set new target frequencies for them through terminal?

FOR RENT.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Steven3iii

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:08:41 PM

I am definitely interested in this...but is temperature going to be a problem? The Baikal stuff seems a little underdone for fans... Undecided

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jrockinyou

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:12:13 AM

I've concluded that since the Baikal runs Qubit algo cooler and pulls less watts, (also that it runs very smoothly without errors on the algo), that overclocking the unit should work well. It appears it can be adjusted via the "Terminal", but requires a password to make such a change. The password appears to be controlled by Baikal as the password required is NOT Baikal. If someone knows how to get that password that'd be swell Y'all....
Graxx

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:53:15 PM

I've concluded that since the Baikal runs Qubit algo cooler and pulls less watts, (also that it runs very smoothly without errors on the algo), that overclocking the unit should work well. It appears it can be adjusted via the "Terminal", but requires a password to make such a change. The password appears to be controlled by Baikal as the password required is NOT Baikal. If someone knows how to get that password that'd be swell Y'all....

You can access the terminal by, user: baikal Pass: baikal. However, I don't know how to get in the cgminer.conf file. Maybe you folks can figure that out?
burnsauce

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:39:13 AM

You can access the terminal by, user: baikal Pass: baikal. However, I don't know how to get in the cgminer.conf file. Maybe you folks can figure that out?

I think I know how to get into the config file, but I don't know what can be done from there.

You can use a program like filezilla to access files on the machine.
Host: sftp://your.miner.ip
Username: baikal
Password: baikal

File location: /opt/scripta/etc/miner.conf

I'm not sure I know what password Jrockinyou is talking about.

There is a custom miner setting you can use: baikal-options (format is clock:temp). Setting something like 250:45 allows you to throttle the clock down to 250 Mhz, but 350:45 does not allow it to increase past 300.

Hopefully we can put our heads together and figure this out, but it's possible the upper limit is hard-coded into their sgminer binary.

Graxx

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:03:44 AM

I think I know how to get into the config file, but I don't know what can be done from there.

There is a custom miner setting you can use: baikal-options (format is clock:temp). Setting something like 250:45 allows you to throttle the clock down to 250 Mhz, but 350:45 does not allow it to increase past 300.

Hopefully, we can put our heads together and figure this out, but it's possible the upper limit is hard-coded into their sgminer binary.

Thank you, that should help to dig into the files. I'm trying to find that ''root'' cg or sg miner conf file, which where we can play around a lot. I hope there won't be a layer of hardcoded stuff above it.
burnsauce

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:39:52 AM

Hopefully, we can put our heads together and figure this out, but it's possible the upper limit is hard-coded into their sgminer binary.

Thank you, that should help to dig into the files. I'm trying to find that ''root'' cg or sg miner conf file, which where we can play around a lot. I hope there won't be a layer of hardcoded stuff above it.

I've done a bunch of digging on one of my mini's and a little digging on my x10

I found what looks to be the miner starting script, but it's only using that file I mentioned above as the config file.  I don't see anything with respect to clock.  Perhaps there are some settings that can be added there? 

I think it's also possible that it could be something that is programmed into the devices themselves.  The thing that made me suspect it was in the sgminer binary is that the x10 (who's devices originally looked to be running at 420Mhz) had a command in the history where someone was copying in what looked like a "300 Mhz" patch for sgminer .  Of course, that could just be a fix for running at 300Mhz, and not code that "locks in" to 300Mhz.
Stibi

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:42:36 AM

Anything new? I am able to start sgminer from shell with custom parameters. But "baikal-options" and "baikal-fan" do nothing.
I think that the settings, clocks and more are in FW of hash boards. In old documentation is procedure how to update fw of hash bords. https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner/blob/master/guides/baikal%20giant%20user's%20guide.pdf
But everithing for update and fws are gone.
Anyone capable to work with this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: