Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:28:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Coin Wallet  (Read 899 times)
88coins (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:55:31 PM

I have 2 bitcoins i am keeping it my exchange where i purchased it. is it safe to keep in exchange wallet ??..
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:02:05 AM

If you are going to keep it, then keep it to your wallet. There's a lot of trusted wallet. Mycelium and Electrum is what i preferred most. You have full control to your funds because you have access to your private keys. Unlike exchange hot wallets, you don't have access to your private keys. Also exchanges and web wallets are not safe to use since they are the most prone from hacking causing the funds stole by hackers.

As i said, if you're gonna keep it for long time. Store them to your wallets and make sure that your decice is safe and protected with antivirus. Or better store them on cold wallet, hardware wallet like ledger or paper wallet and store them to safety deposit box.
Cryptomover

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 12:27:02 AM

If you are going to keep it, then keep it to your wallet. There's a lot of trusted wallet. Mycelium and Electrum is what i preferred most. You have full control to your funds because you have access to your private keys. Unlike exchange hot wallets, you don't have access to your private keys. Also exchanges and web wallets are not safe to use since they are the most prone from hacking causing the funds stole by hackers.

As i said, if you're gonna keep it for long time. Store them to your wallets and make sure that your decice is safe and protected with antivirus. Or better store them on cold wallet, hardware wallet like ledger or paper wallet and store them to safety deposit box.

Indeed, for short-medium term store them in desktop wallets like Mycelium and Electrum, while for long-term holding its better to buy a hardware wallet like Trezor and Ledger. Paper wallets are a bit more difficult to create and keep but its a cheaper alternative to hardware wallets.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:03:15 AM

I have 2 bitcoins i am keeping it my exchange where i purchased it. is it safe to keep in exchange wallet ??..

Which exchange? Some have better reputations than others.

More importantly, though, why do you want to keep it in an exchange? There are a lot of save cold wallets or mobile wallets that eliminate the risk of working with a third party.

Here's a site that allows you to best compare your options -- https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet -- but keep in mind that this site doesn't evaluate all wallets that are available.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:34:25 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 04:57:46 AM by mjglqw

If the exchange you're storing your bitcoins in gets fucked, you get fucked along with them. Depending on what device your using, I would suggest Copay if you're an android user or Electrum if you prefer storing your bitcoin in your windows computer. But since you have 2 bitcoin, I'm gonna assume you can afford hardware wallets so I'd personally purchase a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor for more extra security.

It's really important that you have control over your wallet's private keys.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
88coins (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:29:48 AM

Which exchange? Some have better reputations than others.

More importantly, though, why do you want to keep it in an exchange? There are a lot of save cold wallets or mobile wallets that eliminate the risk of working with a third party.

Here's a site that allows you to best compare your options -- https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet -- but keep in mind that this site doesn't evaluate all wallets that are available.

Zebpay
cryptobaht

Activity: 77
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:17:38 AM

Never, absolutely never keep your coins with exchanges - unless you're actively trading them, of course. If you bought it for long term then put them in paper wallet and keep it somewhere safe.
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:37:27 AM

Never, absolutely never keep your coins with exchanges - unless you're actively trading them, of course. If you bought it for long term then put them in paper wallet and keep it somewhere safe.

I totally agree with above said. Exchanges get hacked, busted by authorities, have coin maintenance periods... why risk?

Tonstar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:07:43 PM

I use electrum
Exchange wallets- NEVER
langlamobile

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

i think you may keep it in pc wallet, or  cool storage   you're gonna keep it for long time.

it is better than exchange , long time , exchanges can be ban or hacked not safe .

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:57:10 PM

if you wanna keep your bitcoins (2 btc) into exchanger for long period surely the answer is NO it is not safe to keep bitcoin in exchanger continuously. you could probably scammed by exchanger or someone can stole it. you better to keep your bitcoin into hard wallet or dekstop wallet.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:10:24 PM

No, unless you use these coins in active trading and they need to be available at the exchange. 2 BTC now is large enough to use a secure wallet which is completely under your control.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:38:01 PM

No it's not safe.Buy a hardware wallet and store it there.2 Bitcoins is not a small amount so don't risk it.You don't own private keys to your bitcoins on exchange so buy a hardware wallet or use a desktop wallet like electrum to store your coins.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VisualizeByte09F9

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:40:07 PM

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Use an exchange as an exchange.  Only leave money on there if you intend to trade it in a day or so.

If you intend to spend it, keep it in mobile or desktop wallet.

If you intend to keep it long term a cold wallet.

Always back up. Double check first and last characters before you hit send.  Make sure you send to someone reputable, or use multisig escrow and a reputable trust agent.
margrettco62

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:42:39 PM

If you use 2 BTC to trade then you can keep it in exchange wallet but if you want to hold it for long time then you should not use exchange wallet. in the good day your account you can be hack, ban .... for a stupid reason. Be see BTC-E is example
VisualizeByte09F9

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:49:28 PM

And diversify.

Keep some in a hot wallet, some In a cold wallet
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:31:10 PM

I wouldn't recommend you to keep your funds in exchange unless you are going to trade daily. The best way is to use flexible offline wallet like Trezor where you will be able to keep your Bitcoins offline and yet you will be able to send those funds without any hassle and on the other hand, you can use the securely generated paper wallet to securely store your funds for the long term.
Bacchu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:27:20 PM

No,never.its not safe to kept your bitcoin in exchange wallet.exchange platform can anytime hacked with the hacker.it will be good idea if you can move them into your desktop or hardware wallet.without private key no one wallet is safe and secure. if you want to trade with your bitcoin than try to set 2FA. it is safe also you can prevent hacked your account.
pperi041

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:19:07 PM

Look into buying a cold storage wallet, such as a Nano Ledger or Trezor. This will allow you to keep your tokens stored offline, not allowing them to be vulnerable if an exchange were to get hacked.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

You can keep your coins on an exchange on 2 conditions.
1. You're actively trading
2. It's one of the larger exchanges, not some local one with 100 btc daily volume.

If not, don't risk it and keep coins on your wallet, you can always send it back whenever you want to sell. Keeping it there just because it's convenient is not worth the risk.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███