Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🔹🔹 Cypher | Geo Location Platform for Business & General 🔹🔹 🇬🇧  (Read 30422 times)
jonn4y (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 119

Cypher Mobile

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:38:52 PM

Wouldn't it be dangerous? For players, I mean.

Of course.

That's the main thing on my mind, how many people will die if this became popular. And if there would be stories of people stealing phones of people, after they got hit by a train. In order to steal their tokens.

Its only as dangerous as the user makes it. Users will need to agree to terms and services stating it is the end users responsibility to play safe.

Take a look at Pokèmon Go, it has millions of players and here is the deaths/injuries from a game with such a following: http://pokemongodeathtracker.com/
(BTW we are not comparing ourselves to Pokèmon Go)

The users GPS is never shared / stored on the servers and you cannot see other players in the game. Terminals are placed around the map randomly using mathematic equations so you cannot sit and wait for a user to come along and ambush them.

If a phone was stolen they wouldn't be able to change the withdraw wallet either without security measures we are implementing.
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:49:21 PM

French Translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197857.0

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jonn4y (OP)

Cypher Mobile

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:09:18 PM

Here is a development video of the Cypher app in progress, shown are the terminals that can be accessed on the map, profile screen, mining as well as the general interface.

Clicking will follow to the video.

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:47:41 AM

New bounty campaign https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2187171.msg22098702#msg22098702

tuanna1378sha

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:56:31 AM

I have the same  but my balance is showing fine.
kazzzidy

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:04:43 AM

Reminds me of the early stages of  ingress. Around what price are you guessing a cypher will rank if it is that easy to mine? How will the program be bot-proof, as this tends to be a big problem in ingress and pokemon-go?

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

Of course.

That's the main thing on my mind, how many people will die if this became popular. And if there would be stories of people stealing phones of people, after they got hit by a train. In order to steal their tokens.

Bit dramatic Smiley but hey it would work for marketing lol
jonn4y (OP)

Cypher Mobile

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:45:18 AM

Reminds me of the early stages of  ingress. Around what price are you guessing a cypher will rank if it is that easy to mine? How will the program be bot-proof, as this tends to be a big problem in ingress and pokemon-go?

The advantage we have over say Ingress and Pokèmon-Go is those game rewards are instant like Pokèmon monsters, where as with Cypher it takes 60 minutes to receive a reward (Granted you do not have to stay by the node to complete the mining) but a standard user can only mine 24 coins per day under this structure and i am currently researching methods to detect botting, A few basic methods are detecting accounts with the same withdraw address (Although i am aware you can just use multiple addresses) other options could be a captcha type system.

One method i am currently playing around with is pinging Wifi connections for locations and cross referencing (on device) against the presented co-ordinates in the game which could help detect if a user is actually in a area or has been in an area recently.
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 12:08:36 PM by mwheeleruk

Reminds me of the early stages of  ingress. Around what price are you guessing a cypher will rank if it is that easy to mine? How will the program be bot-proof, as this tends to be a big problem in ingress and pokemon-go?

Block Reward is set at 50, with 72,000 tokens created per day - Dependant on the difficulty it would make the coin a slow supply rate.

ICO Price on the coin is 710 sats, so the supply in terms of BTC is only 0.50 - 0.52 per day available to the market. Were initially capping the max concurrent players to the game at 200 per any 24 hour period just until we get a grasp on the numbers, on that number the game can run constant for 3 years with 200 players taking the maximum supply available.

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:37:31 PM

Hey BCT,

Announcements such as ourselves are a daily occurance and I'm pretty sure it's hard to come across which project to follow this is why we would like to be proactive and develop a coin environment that's sustainable as well as creating something that's going to be beneficial for all.

We would like to create a Q&A of questions via our website and asking for your help on making this and the questions can be put in place, please feel free to ask questions below about the project and we'll be open with answers.

indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:46:19 PM

Of course.

Its only as dangerous as the user makes it. Users will need to agree to terms and services stating it is the end users responsibility to play safe.

Take a look at Pokèmon Go, it has millions of players and here is the deaths/injuries from a game with such a following: http://pokemongodeathtracker.com/

The users GPS is never shared / stored on the servers and you cannot see other players in the game. Terminals are placed around the map randomly using mathematic equations so you cannot sit and wait for a user to come along and ambush them.

If a phone was stolen they wouldn't be able to change the withdraw wallet either without security measures we are implementing.

I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism. I just meant it as a factor of percentage. A small percentage of people are such that they are not careful. Or a small percentage of people will eventually get into accidents.
indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:48:38 PM

Of course.

Bit dramatic Smiley but hey it would work for marketing lol

That would work for exposure if such a thing makes headlines, but it would horrible.
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:14:11 PM

Of course.

I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism. I just meant it as a factor of percentage. A small percentage of people are such that they are not careful. Or a small percentage of people will eventually get into accidents.

Criticism is good, constructive - in relation to any danger it's exactly the same as if answering the phone while completing a task, cypher can be done as such so that the access terminals a player needs to find would be only within a residential district as an example.

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:59:29 AM

Hindi Translation HERE

Dedewahyu

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:51:08 AM

The pre-sale period is very short, and the bonus is 35%. For investors do not hesitate to contribute in presale later

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:20:06 PM

We now have achievements working within the development build of Cypher, this should be available upon the release of the app. Achievements can be gained via various tasks however an implementation on contracts within the game are coming this will give the player an additional way to gain tokens.

Contracts can be accessible via a Contracts Board these will be placed within each city using specific points of interest, such as a library, town hall, cinema. Each contract will have a limited time to redeem and complete and on doing so an achievement will be given to the player, these at the moment only give a token credit once completed but we plan on bringing a full level / XP system to the game.

biy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:22:49 PM

Sounds interesting. Good luck with your ICO!
jonn4y (OP)

Cypher Mobile

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:53:37 PM

New Dutch translation added - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2204538.new#new
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:57:37 PM

Presale starts in around 5 days for Cypher, please be sure to sign upto our mailing list at www.cyphermobile.com to be advised when the presale is live as it's very limited.

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:06:43 PM

It was mentioned that it would be good if our 'points of interest' would be in specific locations in order to make it actually worth it to travel to these destinations in order to gain the token, this shows an AR example of an in game asset called a beacon, a beacon is something that can be purchased in game by any user or business in order to draw players to there location, the beacon withdraw amount can be set by the person that purchases it.
When beacons are purchased they can be purchased with a set amount of CYR (the games token) of course these can be on a tier based system.

Let's say in a business owner, i purchase a 'beacon' which i place at my store, the beacon i purchase i set at 2 CYR / 100 on the beacon that means i have the possibility of attracting 50 people to my store.
We can place the beacon in two ways, we can either set it so that the beacon itself is set at the geo location where where a user will travel to the location and scan the asset using AR or the business owner can be sent scannable QR codes, both would set the users app off mining the reward.

The examples shown here shows the AR feature currently in the app and working, the second image shows how a purchased asset / beacon will show on the map, the business owner can set a message or voucher as the example here shows using a games store, on the back of this post were actually sorting a deal with a few local CEX (https://uk.webuy.com/) stores as we speak in order to attempt to launch the app with them on board.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: