Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any disadvantages or advantages of receiving BTC as a payment?  (Read 1077 times)
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:38:02 AM

For me there is an disadvantages and advantages of receiving bitcoin as a payment.  Because the bitcoin price doesn’t have a constant price. Sometime the price goes higher and higher and other times the price is getting lower.  Smiley

Bitcoin price is a volatile which is the one the highlights of Bitcoin . You need to have a little risk taking capacity if you deal in Bitcoin . Yes overall there are many advantages of accepting Bitcoin as the value in near future may go up. You can buy altcoin converting your Btc to it . You can make payment to your local stores who accept it.

Also check your government rules how they treat Bitcoin .

I guess there are conditions also to be followed to at least avoid some disadvantages like delays and fees. Because from what i see, if you bought some item in 4 dollars and the fee for instant transaction might become 1 dollar. So some times items can be dependant on the disadvantages of buying items online. I would just say that let us just take btc as to what it is and start adapting to its disadvantage.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:39:05 AM

Main Advantage which I could see....BITCOIN as a payment mode is that it gives freedom in payment as no Govt. can access the bitcoin network. You can transfer any amt. of Bitcoin to anyone at anytime.

The disadvantage is that People, all around the world, are not much aware of it. Moreover, they do not trust on its value because of its volatile nature.  Bitcoin’s price bounces or sinks every day, whereas Traditional money market seems to be stable for a long period of time.

Let's see How central Authorities take BITCOIN in the long run which will decide its fate as payment mode in future.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

The price volatility of Bitcoin is both an advantage and disadvantage to the receiver if BTC were to be accepted as a form of payment because at one point, the value of the BTC may become higher or lower in the future. Other advantages to it would be the ease of transaction which is easier as compared to fiat. Also, taxes will not be imposed however there are transaction fees. A good advantage to having BTC as a payment is the potential of it to increase in value in the future if you were to store it in a secure wallet.

I would prefer to receive BTC however another downside to this is that there's not much option for me to use it and I may not spend it for daily necessities and the like unless I were to exchange it into fiat money.
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:50:07 AM

every thing invented in our world have a pros and cons until it will develop at its full potential, buying stuff using bitcoin are not good for this moment as it have volatile characteristic price of the stuff online are changing when you convert it to dollar that will result to some over-pricing of it. Advantage of it is about transaction fee which is low compare to the taxes you will pay in the fiat money, also it have fast transaction, plus if you hold your btc it have a provability to increase its value in the near future.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:03:37 AM

As I scan and read forums I got curious here.

Is there any disadvantages or advantages of receiving BTC as a payment from the object that you are selling or from the object you are buying by a BTC? I hope someone would be nice to to answer it kindly.
There is advantages and disadvantages in using Bitcoin as a payment. There have been security improvements since its inception, which make it safer to store coins when large companies hold extreme amounts of funds, and also for buyers. The Bitcoin network and block chain is very secure with a great deal of computing power working to secure it. Also Bitcoin is just starting to make a name in the industry some people still does not know anything about Bitcoin.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:11:40 AM

There's definitely a few.

One of the most glaring ones is the transaction time. You don't really know how long a transaction is going to take to be confirmed, and it's not advisable to send out your item over a transaction that doesn't have, or only has a couple of transactions. You might have to wait a couple of days only for the transaction to be "cancelled."

Another is transparency. Everyone is going to be able to see that you made a transaction, and while it's anonymous to some degree, it's possible to trace it back to you.

Lastly, I would say volatility. It's not a big issue since Bitcoin always finds ways to bounce back, but if you have short terms on your retail business or something, you can definitely lose money thanks to the rapid price movement.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:49:54 AM

Is there any disadvantages or advantages of receiving BTC as a payment from the object that you are selling or from the object you are buying by a BTC? I hope someone would be nice to to answer it kindly.

i think we are not yet in one level which bitcoin can be accepted as a payment in real life but maybe its fine for the online payments because bitcoin is not reach a stable price level and always change from time to time. and although bitcoin price will increase after decrease, i think its better if we are still use fiat to receive a payment from the object we are selling or buying because ordinary people only know fiat for the transaction. so in this step, we can use bitcoin for our long investment and we can use for buying and selling in online payments.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:55:34 AM

Receiving BTC as a payment can be good or bad, depending on the price development.If you receive for example 0.1BTC as a payment and shortly after BTC price goes down and you need the money, you would wish to have received the money in fiat instead.
But if you can hold your payment a bit and don't need it immediately to pay the bills and rent, it is almost always better to receive your payment in BTC than in fiat. Longtime BTC will rise in price and so your payment will.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Jafri101

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:39:02 AM

The advantage and disadvantage can be a price variation.
If it goes up then your desired paymnt could be less in fiat and if goes down then you can have more fiat. So it can vary and second thing the transaction fees. one tym fees for(selling/buying) then again fees if yu wana convert in fiat money.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:11:20 AM

If you're afraid of the volatility or whatever, then there is always the possibility to make use of BitPay. It offers up to 30 free transactions per month, where after that a 1% fee applies. Or if you think you're going to move quite some sales volumes, then go for the business option, which allows you to get rid of the limits from the lower tier plan. You could even choose to receive an x percentage of the sales in Bitcoin, and have the rest come in as fiat. This will allow you obtain some coins, but without risking too much of your sales in fiat.

Look for yourself -> https://bitpay.com/pricing
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:18:55 AM

the fee is disadvantages

and the USD value can be disadvantages and can be advantages .
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:36:52 AM

The advantage and disadvantage can be a price variation.
If it goes up then your desired paymnt could be less in fiat and if goes down then you can have more fiat. So it can vary and second thing the transaction fees. one tym fees for(selling/buying) then again fees if yu wana convert in fiat money.

Basically this. You need to set a higher markup to ensure that you do not lose profits. Fiat and other traditional payments are more convenient right now for the most part.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:48:31 AM

I only see advantage in receiving bitcoin as a mode of payment but the one who receives must know when is the right time to convert them, right now the value of bitcoin is in the increasing track the fluctuations is only a sort of opportunity for those who wants to invest but in the end bitcoin falls on appreciation so when you receive bitcoin as a payment I'm sure after few more months you will earn good profit from it.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:55:57 AM

Yes of course because in every assets there is always advantages and disadvantages especially transactions like sending and receiving Bitcoins. Based on my experience, these are the things I had observed. First, let me tell you the advantage that is good on our side as receiver. When we received our payment from anywhere we get it from or maybe like payments from signature campaigns or from selling goods, then suddenly from the current price skyrocketed let's just say into like an all time high so we have now our profit. Second the disadvantage is when the price drops from the time we receive the Bitcoin payments. Bitcoin is volatile so therefore, up's and down's may happen anytime. Same with the sender volatility is a problem too plus the transaction fees that is so high these days.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:46:26 AM

The biggest advantage and disadvantage of bitcoin is that it has a very high volatility. The price varies from time to time and if you are gonna be making a transaction, you would not be able to avoid having the value of your bitcoin be lessen if the price went down and on the other hand if the price went up the value of the transacted coin increases as well.

potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:08:58 PM

The advantages of receiving bitcoin as payment is it maximizes the use of bitcoin and it allow users to engage transaction between cryptocurrencies. The disadvantage of it that its value cannot be controlled so it will rise or fall anytime, in the times you needed a cash, the value of bitcoin may not be that great.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:29:36 PM

If there are, the advantages well outweighs the disadvatages. Ease, security and quick transactions would be the most liked factors about sending and receiving money through btc aside from thr fact that the price grows in time so you'll ve receiving a growing amount as payment

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:49:41 PM

I think it is profitable as bitcoin is a currency which does not  have stable price if a person  gets bitcoin worth 100$ today it can also reach 120$ the next  day this gives profit for the user, and using BTC for transaction will also decrease the fee required to change the bitcoin to cash or normal currency.
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:05:59 PM

Disadvantage would be not receiving a fiat. Especially if you are selling goods that you bought
with fiat that you need to rebuy another stocks after selling it. Advantage is that you has a chance
of earning more on the sale that you made, on top of the mark up amount that you added on the price,
bitcoin price might also chance with will add or subtract from your income.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:11:44 PM

The advantage and disadvantage of receiving bitcoin as a mode of payment will be based on how you will handle it if you convert them when the price is low then you incurred loss but when then price is high the other thing around happen. The nature of bitcoin is fluctuating value but it is both for good and bad depends on you

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: