Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stocks VS cryptocurrencies : name the different between this two  (Read 432 times)
CrypTrends (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 12:53:15 AM

i really want to understand the pluses and minuses. so stocks VS cryptocurrencies : name the different between this two

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenkoy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:59:56 AM

i believe Stocks and Cryptocurrencies are the same in some nature. Stocks prices are affected by global news as well as the Bitcoin and other Crypto. Stocks and Bitcoin can be thru investing or trading. Stocks are already established decades old. Bitcoins started 2009.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
Al Amin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:22:44 AM

What I know, between stocks and Cryptocurrencies does have some similarities, including trading, investing, buying and selling prices on your own, and the difference in the way of signing up in Cryptocurrencies is easier and direct trading. Stock is quite difficult and waiting for the new + 3 can be trading, Cryptocurrencies movement is very fast and stock is relatively slower

fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:36:54 AM

Stocks and cryptocurrencies have similarities on trading and how the prices go up and down. In stocks, I think that you may need a larger investment to penetrate the market while in bitcoin, you can start with any amount you like and is capable of. Cryptocurrencies are digital alternative currencies, unlike in stocks that we mostly take everything in dollars.
sassybear18

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:55:38 AM

The difference is one will make us rich or broke, and one will make us an unexciting gain.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:15:38 AM

Stocks and cryptocurrencies have similarities on trading and how the prices go up and down. In stocks, I think that you may need a larger investment to penetrate the market while in bitcoin, you can start with any amount you like and is capable of. Cryptocurrencies are digital alternative currencies, unlike in stocks that we mostly take everything in dollars.
first difference between them is that you need bank attachment for stock trading as it is governed under government laws while cryptocurrency trading is decentralized.second difference is that in stock you are giving leverage but not in crypto trading.third is the most important as crypto trading is anonymous and tax free while stock is not.
albyva

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:49:53 AM

i really want to understand the pluses and minuses. so stocks VS cryptocurrencies : name the different between this two

Stocks:  You are a fractional owner of a company.  (Your Shares / Total Shares) * 100 = Percentage of Ownership
Plus: You have a vote in how the company is run and may receive a dividend from it's profits.
Minus: You are known.

CryptoCurrency: A Fiat Currency not controlled by any government used to settle a transaction.
Plus: Can be moved across international borders without any controls.
Minus: Requires that somebody in the world is willing to exchange something (ie: Real Money) for it.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:02:37 AM

i believe Stocks and Cryptocurrencies are the same in some nature. Stocks prices are affected by global news as well as the Bitcoin and other Crypto. Stocks and Bitcoin can be thru investing or trading. Stocks are already established decades old. Bitcoins started 2009.

How can you say that? Stocks and cryptocurrencies are two very different investment vehicles.

A stock is a type of security that is issued by corporations that represents ownership. A cryptocurrency is considered by its followers as a type of digital asset used as a medium of exchange. It uses cryptography as a security measure and all the consensus rules for that distinct cryptocurrency.

It is easier to relate cryptocurrencies to ponzi schemes and pyramid schemes because theres no one backing it.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:00:56 AM

As someone stated earlier, shares of a company's stock represent ownership of that company (although not really in a meaningful way unless you own a significant percentage of the company's stock).  This means that stocks are more or less backed by the (perceived) value of the company, which includes the assets that it owns and current and projected profit/revenue.  Cryptocurrencies, on the other hand, aren't backed by any tangible asset, which I think is one of the reasons why they tend to be so volatile.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:07:40 AM

Stocks do have brokers which for instance in Ameritrade you will have to install their software from thinkorswim.com for which you can see the companies you can invest to. Here in crypto there are only exchanges where you can buy a token and hold it on your safe wallet.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
kidsuzudn

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:17:25 AM

Stock are rwally different than cryptocurrency in many ways:
- present: stock presents for a company that have a success in business, cryptocurrency is present for an ico that have big investment.
- market: real market was controlledl by goverment, virtual market was controlled by money line invest from investors.
VenessaShillerqzx

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:21:22 AM

One of the difference between stock and crypto is that you can trade crypto 24/7 and in stocks you can't do that.

C
Finally C is!!!
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:31:03 AM

first difference between them is that you need bank attachment for stock trading as it is governed under government laws while cryptocurrency trading is decentralized.second difference is that in stock you are giving leverage but not in crypto trading.third is the most important as crypto trading is anonymous and tax free while stock is not.

This is the more details correct explain about it, since cyrpto its create because anonymous of it
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:45:33 AM

Many (but not all) stocks offer a dividend. A yearly amount of money they pay you as a form of interest. You don't get that when you hold bitcoins.
And when you buy a stock, you buy a part of a company. Companies have to give out certain numbers about their financial situatation. The level of information is better there.
With crypto currencies, you have nearly no information. That makes an investment in crypto currencies more risky, their price more volatile, and the possible profits bigger as well.

It's me!!!
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:53:02 AM

The only different that i can see in those two types of market is the speed of getting profit. When you talk about stock market then you can easily think that it is about long term because the stocks that are available there are for long term like the blue chip companies while the cryptocurrencies market is more on short term because the prices of the coins in crypto market is very volatile so you can easily earn up to 10% in just a day.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:28:09 AM

Investing in the stock market less risky than investing in bitcoin. Property of enterprises protected by the value of their assets. Crypto currencies are held only for speculative capital. This is a very risky investment, but very profitable. In any case, an investor always has a choice.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:41:18 AM

I was invested in about 20 companies not that long ago, through stocks. The stock market has been going up all throughout my investment (3 years), I made about 30% including dividends (so 10%/year). That's a good return, and if I would be guaranteed to get that consistently, I would have left my money there.

However I expect a crash soon, so I sold everything. The only "classic" investment I have left is one I can't get out of (an investment vehicle offered by my company).

The rest, I put in Bitcoin. Bitcoin might have wild ups and downs, but I expect it to go up a lot over the long term. Stocks, not so much. In my country (France) we haven't even gotten back to pre crisis levels. No all time high in sight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: