Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:08:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How hot are your Erupter Blade running? [temperature!]  (Read 817 times)
monkeyballz (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

Of course this question just goes to those of us who have a ASICminer Block Erupter Blade in hands!

I use two Enermax 120mm fans at the front heatsink. If I touch the sink and the air that is flowing out the fans it not even very warm. But when I touch the backside, where the chips are located the temperature is pretty high! I put a fan headding at the back that puts fresh air onto it.
I wonder why they haven´t also put a sink at the back when it´s getting hotter at the back than at the front.

Did you oberserve the same or anyone who has measured the temeprature with an infrared thermometer?
Omen1855

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:16:00 PM

Just dropping a fan on the heatsink isn't optimal. I haven't monitored the temperature yet, but in my experience you should create a push and pull effect for the airflow (also got some good feedback from members here telling me to do the same). My blades are pretty cold at the touch, so I'm confident.

I could take a picture, but I think the following illustration will help you more.

This is a top down view of a standard rack case in which the blades can fit. The airflow shield is pretty simple, I reused the foam, but it could be some plastic as well.
I used two big fans that normally operate under 12V, but they do the job just as well under 5V with a bearable noise level.

I don't know whether I got my Push and Pull terminology right, but the arrows should make it clear. Correct me if I am wrong. And I am by all no means an expert, other people could have better solutions.

Affiliation code wTksie2mDj for a 10% discount on your trading fees on BitFinex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: