Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:26:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Authorship - ATS did not payout all tokens  (Read 771 times)
webwakko (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:24:22 AM

Hi,

I earned a small amount of ATS tokens (165 to be exact) but never received them.
In the last e-mail I got the stated following :

"All payments to qualifying accounts have been completed.
If you did not receive any tokens, we apologize but your account was suspended and the decision is final. Please do not contact us about, such requests will remain unanswered. We checked the list 3 times to ensure we don’t miss anyone."

To be honest... there's no way my account was a fake one and the total earning should have been clear that this was not the case.
With other words, they just used the DDOS-attack, which in my opinion came just at the right time (call it a coincidence or not), to have an excuses not to pay out a lot of people.

I have sent a private message to the person who started the thread on this forum (but where it's unable to reply on it right now) and I hope he does take in account that maybe, just maybe, their cleaning the payout list was a bit too exaggerated and they should consider having another look at it.

At this time it feels like a scam and I hope they can proof me wrong.

In case I get no reply on this, they can expect some negative publicity on this scam-stunt, because after all... they tricked a lot of people into subscribing and bringing referrals, and then they launched news about an attack on payout day... which gave them an excuses to start removing people from their payroll..

to conclude : this smells bad and I do hope I got it wrong... so some reactions from the people behind it would be a good start

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

Hi,

I earned a small amount of ATS tokens (165 to be exact) but never received them.
In the last e-mail I got the stated following :

"All payments to qualifying accounts have been completed.
If you did not receive any tokens, we apologize but your account was suspended and the decision is final. Please do not contact us about, such requests will remain unanswered. We checked the list 3 times to ensure we don’t miss anyone."

To be honest... there's no way my account was a fake one and the total earning should have been clear that this was not the case.
With other words, they just used the DDOS-attack, which in my opinion came just at the right time (call it a coincidence or not), to have an excuses not to pay out a lot of people.

I have sent a private message to the person who started the thread on this forum (but where it's unable to reply on it right now) and I hope he does take in account that maybe, just maybe, their cleaning the payout list was a bit too exaggerated and they should consider having another look at it.

At this time it feels like a scam and I hope they can proof me wrong.

In case I get no reply on this, they can expect some negative publicity on this scam-stunt, because after all... they tricked a lot of people into subscribing and bringing referrals, and then they launched news about an attack on payout day... which gave them an excuses to start removing people from their payroll..

to conclude : this smells bad and I do hope I got it wrong... so some reactions from the people behind it would be a good start
Shit happens. Ask Forrest Gump.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:27:24 AM

There is an already a topic going on about ATS not paying all the bounties

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2185901.0

webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:44:35 AM

Now I know.. but why can't there be more topics about it?
The more the word gets spread, the better people are informed about this token.
I'm not a person who's into covering up such kind of things and it should not be the case either...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
tzegian

Activity: 265

Founder of Greepto.gr & CryptoAnalogy

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:36:17 AM

I subscribed just myself, earned 75 ATS, never tried my referral on others. Still didn't get anything. Definitely a way to scam this was.
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:49:34 AM

They working hard to detect fake accounts and so on. It has huge sense, I suppose.
BTW they should distribute tokens in few days after request and they have directly noticed that.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 09:07:43 AM

They working hard to detect fake accounts and so on. It has huge sense, I suppose.
BTW they should distribute tokens in few days after request and they have directly noticed that.

Indeed.. if they would have distributed it bit by bit they would have noticed.. but then again, the people who abused this subscription process would also have been able to get payed this way.
It seems that some people even got 2 payouts.. so I doubt the fact that they "worked hard to detect"... how difficult can it be do track the payouts...

krinjah

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:08:18 AM

Haven't received anything either although I wasn't cheating them with VPN and other stuff.
235 coins is not a loss but it's a bad feel to be treated as a cheater.

There's an obvious issue with their smart-contract although they'll never admit that. We have to turn the page.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:23:30 AM

There must have been reasons. Perhaps you have committed something wrong along the way. You try to present your case properly to the devs. Do not spam them. They might get annoyed and trash all your concerns. But if all ways have been done and to no avail and there are a lot of you complaining. that's the time you can conclude that there's something wrong with them.
sishahid

Activity: 212

I am a Professional Graphic Designer

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:29:37 AM

I have the same problem. I did not even get a token. But think of waiting for some time. Then let's see what happens ICO was barely finished. Distribution may cause delays due to complexity. It may also be fake. Many people have written about this
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 11:19:29 AM

Haven't received anything either although I wasn't cheating them with VPN and other stuff.
235 coins is not a loss but it's a bad feel to be treated as a cheater.

There's an obvious issue with their smart-contract although they'll never admit that. We have to turn the page.
yup, for me that's the part that itches... I do not scam or cheat or whatsoever... so don't like to be threated like one

rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:43:24 PM

I was not paid also. What next do we do or is it the end after working for them for this period?
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

After reading this message I still have a bad taste in my mouth about this whole thing.. I marked my comments in red Smiley

Hi everyone,

The tokens distribution for our bounty campaign has officially ended.
Everyone received their ATS tokens if there were no more than 3 registrations from the IP they registered with.
We believe that multiple registrations from the same IP is a sign of fraudulent leads and suspended all such accounts.
>>> Well, maybe they should have thought about people at work who subscribe and ask their fellow workers to join in by referring

There are 8158 token holders: https://etherscan.io/token/0x2dAEE1AA61D60A252DC80564499A69802853583A
We would like to apologize for the delay in sorting things out and take the time to address some of your concerns.

Our major issue with the bounty campaign was the fraudulent registrations.
Thousands of such registrations were entered into the system despite our best efforts to prevent this.

Steps we took during our bounty campaign to prevent such registrations:

-Enforced double opt-in on registrations
-Kept track of registration IP/confirmation IP, if they don’t match suspend the account.
-Kept track of the number of visitors each referral link accessed and disabled account where there were no visitors through the referral link but were showing an increasing number of referrals
-suspended accounts were the ETH address used by cheaters was the same, even if accounts had different IP addresses
-suspended account where name/email contained easily identifiable random data
-suspended account registration once a certain number of registrations happened from the same IP address
>>> AGAIN, maybe they should have thought about people at work who subscribe and ask their fellow workers to join in by referring

Despite our best efforts to filter through fake referrals, a high number of them still managed to get through and that was clear to us when the withdrawals form was completed. As a result, we’ve decided to suspend all accounts where there are more than 3 registrations from the same IP.
>>> so, some of those fraudulent registrations actualy got payed.. and people with good intentions are left in the rain?

All payments to qualifying accounts have been completed.

If you did not receive any tokens, we apologize but your account was suspended and the decision is final. Please do not contact us about, such requests will remain unanswered. We checked the list 3 times to ensure we don’t miss anyone.
>>> That's an polite & easy way to say : f*ck off, you got scammed!

If you don’t know how to check if you received the ATS tokens or not, enter your ETH wallet address in etherscan.io and it will show you the tokens, if you received them (many of you used wallets that don’t show tokens by default).

Double and pending payments
Because of the increased amount of payments, some payments have been processed twice by the ETH network (don’t ask us why, theoretically this is supposed not to happen, yet it happened to some payments).
To cover the number of tokens needed 1M tokens have been pulled from the authors reserved fund of 20M.
>>> Oh, maybe you guys should have a second look in the suspended list and payout honest people who believed in your coin

At the same time, some payments have been stuck in “processing” for hours and even days. We went on and checked the transactions log and resent all the failed payments.

User reviews

It has come to our attention that some users are upset about this situation and threatened with leaving bad reviews, calling us all sorts. We understand some people’s frustration and realize it’s nothing more we can do about. We did our best. We also received numerous extortion emails (from people who didn’t even participated in the bounty campaign) threatening to leave bad reviews if we don’t pay specific amounts of tokens. Needless to say, we ignored them all. Bad reviews are a natural thing and everyone is free to spend their time the way they feel appropriate.

>>> Does this surprise you people? nothing more you can do about it? maybe digg in your own wallets and reward the people that actualy made an effort to support you! Ignoring these people is not really the smartest move

GaleRecoN

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:41:40 PM

It looks like bounties are still being paid out... https://etherscan.io/token/0x2dAEE1AA61D60A252DC80564499A69802853583A
A scam is when a company runs with your money. Authorship is not running with your money just yet. It's been only a day or two since their announcements and people are already calling this a scam. Give it some time.

I'm neutral on this since I've received my portion of ATS tokens (from investment, I didn't participate in bounty) however I do feel bad for people who haven't received theirs yet. All you can really do now is just wait another week. Calling this a scam is too soon.

Most of the blame is on those people who tried to cheat the bounty system by registering multiple accounts and/or using unauthorized services just to get the free tokens.

webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:02:21 AM

It looks like bounties are still being paid out... https://etherscan.io/token/0x2dAEE1AA61D60A252DC80564499A69802853583A
A scam is when a company runs with your money. Authorship is not running with your money just yet. It's been only a day or two since their announcements and people are already calling this a scam. Give it some time.

I'm neutral on this since I've received my portion of ATS tokens (from investment, I didn't participate in bounty) however I do feel bad for people who haven't received theirs yet. All you can really do now is just wait another week. Calling this a scam is too soon.

Most of the blame is on those people who tried to cheat the bounty system by registering multiple accounts and/or using unauthorized services just to get the free tokens.

token payouts have been relaunched after a lot of people were not satisfied with the way they handled things...
sending people fishing because the honest part of the participators complained is not a way to get a coin launched.
But as said before.. If they actualy get all their rightful payouts in order, my trust will be restored, but I strongly suggest taking better care of the way they handle this kind of problems... not telling people that this is it and nothing can be done about it.

fyi : it's a very normal reaction to call this a scam if all those participators don't get what they made an efford for.

GaleRecoN

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:49:01 PM

token payouts have been relaunched after a lot of people were not satisfied with the way they handled things...
sending people fishing because the honest part of the participators complained is not a way to get a coin launched.
But as said before.. If they actualy get all their rightful payouts in order, my trust will be restored, but I strongly suggest taking better care of the way they handle this kind of problems... not telling people that this is it and nothing can be done about it.

fyi : it's a very normal reaction to call this a scam if all those participators don't get what they made an efford for.

Right. Might've been just worth it to pay everyone, even the ones who cheated the system. But calling it a scam less than a week after the ICO ended is a bit too soon in my opinion because a lot of people already received their token.

But time will tell. Let's see what happens next week after their so called "time off" (who says that anyway...).

webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:00:43 PM

a small follow up on this one.
I checked my coinbase wallet daily but still nothing in there..
After having a small crypto talk with my friend he told me I'll probably never receive the ATS tokens, due to the fact that I used an coinbase wallet.
thus, It's looking bad and I'm almost convinced this is a lost cause...
Just wondering why I have my coinbase wallet if even this one is not good enough to receive well earned tokens.

rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

For me! The same!! I had some coin in bounty program but no coin had sent to my wallet
krugerxxx

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 03:39:26 PM

a small follow up on this one.
I checked my coinbase wallet daily but still nothing in there..
After having a small crypto talk with my friend he told me I'll probably never receive the ATS tokens, due to the fact that I used an coinbase wallet.
thus, It's looking bad and I'm almost convinced this is a lost cause...
Just wondering why I have my coinbase wallet if even this one is not good enough to receive well earned tokens.

should have used imtoken or myetherwallet. i got mine @ myetherwallet but ats is not in exchange( hoping it will ).
they've sent a letter about that.
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:30:43 AM

Yeah, I got to the point that indeed I have chosen a wrong wallet to receive the tokens.. oh well.
People learn from their mistakes.. at least.. I did Smiley)
I created a myetherwallet now and future tokens will be send to that address.. no more coinbase.. (the rip offs) :p

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: