Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:14:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think China's action on bitcoin will last forever?
Yes
No
Both
Not Sure

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China just like banning things, Google, Facebook, Twitter, then Bitcoin.  (Read 738 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:53:07 AM

Why China like banning new online technologies. (Sorry, including second babies... LOL)
It started with Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, down to bitcoins.
China just wanna suck the joy out of everything... Are these guys living in Mars or somewhere up there? Grin

What do you say about this? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:26:50 AM

china will ban anything and everything which they cant control.

they want to regulate i.e. make money out of it.

they banned google, i dont recall exactly why, but i guess ,something like sharing chinese people data and or having servers in china.

but i guess, banning bitcoin is temporary until they come up with some plan to make money from it.

thats my thinking.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:29:04 AM

Ugh

The main (and enormous) difference is, that social media and search engines are mysterious businesses with no obvious profit motive. All the services being compared in the OP cost the user zero money to use, at any level. Yet they also all have large teams of well-paid software developers constantly improving their software platforms.

It's been said a million times before: when the so-called product is free, the user is the product.

And that's the real reason why the Chinese government prevents Twitter, Facebook, Google et cetera from accessing the Chinese people. The Chinese government knows that the information produced by these services is the real aim of their existence. They are loss-leading profitless corporations, subsidised by interests in the US government to provide other arms of the US government (as well as other private enterprises close to or run by the US or it's client-state governments) with pervasive and diverse information about the users of these services. The Chinese government doesn't want to protect it's subjects from this, it simply wants to do the same and keep the information to itself. "My god is a jealous god" etc.

So Bitcoin is not really in that category, it's a truly revolutionary software concept that liberates people, instead of adding simply another layer of (well-disguised) subjugation. It's so powerful that most government pronouncements vary from very negative, to vaguely well-meaning (which I take to be a euphemism for "when we think of how, we'll be banning it". Good luck with that one, gangsterments).  

Vires in numeris
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:41:32 AM

They can ban all they want, but they can stop Chinese people from using these technologies. People will find other ways to access these tech. Tell you what, North Korea bans bible and whoever is find out having in possession of this will be punishable by death, considering the punishment people is still able to smuggle this things into the border. Even the most strictest country is unable to stop their people from doing such things, then what chance does China has banning things especially technology.
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:46:46 AM

I think because China has an ideology that is almost similar to northern korea, all the activities of the peoples must be under government control, including how to do business.
And China also has big ambitions to be number one in the world in all sectors, as an simple illustration : why should China use Google if they can make it ? Wink
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:48:39 AM

They can ban everything they like, but we can say that as like Google, Facebook, twitter everything is running smoothly and have a big audience with them. By audience I mean it is used by many users. With this I mean Bitcoin will also survive even without China, because they are not the only ones using Bitcoin.
Johj

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:50:49 AM

To be fair, it's allowed to have up to two babies now  Tongue China = Progressive, confirmed.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:54:28 AM

Why China like banning new online technologies. (Sorry, including second babies... LOL)
It started with Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, down to bitcoins.
China just wanna suck the joy out of everything... Are these guys living in Mars or somewhere up there? Grin

They ban those companies to promote internal 'champions', those Chinese companies are awarded a monopoly.

Plus foreign companies may not, and in many cases do not, comply with censorship and manipulation going on in China.

If they're really banning bitcoin, they might be promoting some similar technology but one they have control of, Bitcoin Cash is a good candidate.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:57:53 AM

i wonder what it takes for you people to stop repeating the FUD!
China never banned bitcoin, period.

now 1 hour later another topic will be started talking about China banning bitcoin and how bad or good that is...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:58:17 AM

China is an authoritarian regime! Let's not forget that! They will always have an interest to put everything under their control if possible.
With Bitcoin that is not possible.We all know this. Even if they ban Bitcoin and cryptos. And I still doubt we will see an official ban of Bitcoin in China. Highly regulated, centralized controlled exchanges is my guess what's going to happen. Some sort of chinese Bit License if you want to call it like that. And maybe some sort of CNYT (pure speculation from my side) with a limited amount for the people they can buy and trade cryptos with. It's all about capital control.

And even if they ban cryptos, there will be ways for people buying and trading it. China should know how lucatrive this is new technology and I'm pretty sure they wanna continue participating in it instead of cutting themselves off and seeing others thrive.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:00:12 AM

It reflects something else for me. It speaks of this country trying to avoid following hence promoting some other country's invention. They want the world to crumble down so that they will offer their own version of everything (which is most probably the exact opposite of quality). This country is self-centered shit.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 11:16:07 AM

i wonder what it takes for you people to stop repeating the FUD!
China never banned bitcoin, period.

now 1 hour later another topic will be started talking about China banning bitcoin and how bad or good that is...
Yes China hasn't ban Bitcoin yet and there is no official word about it. These are just rumours. They may have temporarily banned Bitcoin exchanges to bring regulations but still many are using Bitcoin.
If they ban it in the future then there is nothing much to worry about because they are not the big players now.

Ljanesanti

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:17:15 AM

I think Chinese government is a control freak
. They fear the things they cant handle and control. They fear that their people would be knowledgeable enough to know what is happening in other or in their country most importantly. Those that are not filtered. Opinions and reviews of other nationalities regarding their country. I had read that the reason why they banned the major bitcoin exchangers is because they wanted to release a somehow similar ecurrency like bitcoin. I am not sure of this though.

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:18:32 AM

. They fear the things they cant handle and control. They fear that their people would be knowledgeable enough to know what is happening in other or in their country most importantly. Those that are not filtered. Opinions and reviews of other nationalities regarding their country. I had read that the reason why they banned the major bitcoin exchangers is because they wanted to release a somehow similar ecurrency like bitcoin. I am not sure of this though.
China might introduce their own crypto , they want that they are the lead, since they can't control btc they will surely find no reason to use it. Maybe once they knew how to control it they might reconsider to remove the ban.

SonnetStar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

Honestly that is some pretty good company to be in. Being considered as dangerous as those websites means that bitcoin is on the right track. If someone or some country doesn't try to stop you, you haven't made it big lol
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:28:35 AM

China might introduce their own crypto , they want that they are the lead, since they can't control btc they will surely find no reason to use it. Maybe once they knew how to control it they might reconsider to remove the ban.

Well we can always speculate and it can happen. China is a big market, they create their own cryptocurrency that can compete with bitcoin and they are free to do it.But we dont know until when they can do it,because people will always finds ways to circumvent it.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:50:27 AM

In my opinion they really want to ban the social media part in their country that will let some communist ruin their government or something, I think if they would see some communist party that was against the government they would banned that sites that let's them from communicating or may be more about protectionism than politics. there are many possible things why china banned some sites or application, and there are 11 things that are banned in china including thousand of websites.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:58:42 AM

Don't forget soft cheese! China even banned soft cheese.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/news/china-soft-cheese-import-ban/index.html

The future of bitcoin is in the west - western govts like it because they can track payments and therefore collect tax, and if the banks fail AGAIN, they don't need to bail them out this time, just direct people to the bitcoin network instead (an option they didn't have in 2008). That last bit is pretty much the reason why the USA legalised bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:08:20 PM

The future of bitcoin is in the west - western govts like it because they can track payments and therefore collect tax, and if the banks fail AGAIN, they don't need to bail them out this time, just direct people to the bitcoin network instead (an option they didn't have in 2008). That last bit is pretty much the reason why the USA legalised bitcoin.

None of those things are true, though.

• No government can know the jurisdiction in which a given transaction happens, or if the participants are subject to their tax legislation
  • Governments have no effective tax collection method for cryptocurrency, banks are set up to make tax collection cheap and easy, whereas collecting cryptocurrency as tax would be expensive and ineffective
  • Banks have amongst the largest political power existing, and would strongly resist moves to turn their tables over
  • Governments are heavily composed of people with stakes in the banking industry, and so resistance of the removal of a banking oligopoly is probably unnecessary in any case
  • USA didn't legalise Bitcoin any more than they legalised walking down the street, it's simply not legislated on the basis of it's use

Vires in numeris
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:10:37 PM

well that's the government of china do they keep banning thing coming from the outside and make a rip off copy so, the citizens of china can experience and make money out of it but sometimes the banning has a good reasons for example banning of  ICOs in china they ban the ICOs because of fraudulent ICOs only the intention is to steal money from their citizens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: