Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's a Wonderful Life" - [VODO Style] - Film Re: Mt. Gox Bank Run Comin'  (Read 1270 times)
LehmanSister (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

High Desert Dweller-Where Space and Time Meet $

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:52:15 AM

The script should be easily adaptable from the forum postings. I'm not that great at film making, Maybe script writing to subject community investment. I know I'd love to have a film made like this, that I could play for free on XMas for all the forclosure home kids over the winter.

Just wondering if people would be interested.

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atom

Activity: 70

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 08:59:27 AM

Honestly I just don't see the bank run coming

Mostly what I see is people saying "It's all going to crash as soon as it opens" quickly followed by "and that's when I'll buy!"...

I wonder how that's going to work if half the people think that, how long do you think the price will stay low?

The whole thing is a big joke - If there wasn't such a ridiculous barrier to entry from USD -> BTC (short of wire transfer, which is not an every day transaction for most people), you'd see a much more robust market.  There is money aching to get into BTC, but still sitting waiting to go into LR or Dwolla or some equivalent nonsense.

Trust me, this is the beginning not the end.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
LehmanSister (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:20:59 AM

Honestly I just don't see the bank run coming
I do, but it doesn't really matter.

I'd like to see a BTC driven script % purchase approach as to who will be the good v evil. Ye 'ole savings and loan, or the banks. Same thing really, but you gotta start somewhere...

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.
Atom

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 09:27:51 AM

Well here's the question: If the price on BTC drops to $1 tomorrow and stays there for a week, will you be buying or selling?

Me, I'm buying, and I think I'm the proverbial newbie lemming

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
adrian33

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 10:42:28 AM

There is money aching to get into BTC, but still sitting waiting to go into LR or Dwolla or some equivalent nonsense.

A lot of money? How do you know?

adaman

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:17:06 PM

The whole thing is a big joke - If there wasn't such a ridiculous barrier to entry from USD -> BTC (short of wire transfer, which is not an every day transaction for most people), you'd see a much more robust market.  There is money aching to get into BTC, but still sitting waiting to go into LR or Dwolla or some equivalent nonsense.

I fully agree with this. Look around and you will see the e-currency market is already a growing bussines (LR, Dwolla, c-gold etc.)

Now Bitcoin is entering the stage. But especially for europeans it is not ease to buy bitcoins. There are still number of barriers. For an bank transfer from TH to my european bank TH will charge me with 45 USD  Shocked

Thats to much. MtGox was a got alternative. But i need to use LR to get money to my MrGox account. If such barriers will fall bitcoin will raise much more than in the passed. Because it opens up this market wide open to all non-Americans too. And this is a bigger market than just the US only.
teamdren

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:01:42 PM

I fully agree with this. Look around and you will see the e-currency market is already a growing bussines (LR, Dwolla, c-gold etc.)

Now Bitcoin is entering the stage. But especially for europeans it is not ease to buy bitcoins. There are still number of barriers. For an bank transfer from TH to my european bank TH will charge me with 45 USD  Shocked

Thats to much. MtGox was a got alternative. But i need to use LR to get money to my MrGox account. If such barriers will fall bitcoin will raise much more than in the passed. Because it opens up this market wide open to all non-Americans too. And this is a bigger market than just the US only.

Is there really no suitable market for Europe to trade in?  The issue, as you may know, is the rather curious [to me, at least] fact that international trade is fraught with dragons.  I recently had to cancel an ebay sale because I accidentally listed it as biddable by international buyers- a girl from Bulgaria instantly snapped up the item but unfortunately I couldn't go through with it because the only irrevocable [safe] method of payment is a bank transfer.  In the US we at least have Dwolla to serve this purpose, and thank goodness for that.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a number of good international trading venues pop up; there's obviously a good bit of coin to be made from it.

Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.  I might expect to see a dip right away as it will take buyers a few hours to get funds from dwolla into their accounts..   And given how silly the btc trading market can be this could result in an exaggerated caused by morons who decide to sell because they see the dip and think the sky is falling.  Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get funds into the market in time to make any buys during the possible dip....

It's all fine, though.  My primarily interest lies in what goods and services I can buy using btc.  USD is the last thing I'm interested in buying anytime soon.

bitbot

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:26:02 PM

what's really gonna happen on mtgox is half the people will sell and the other will buy
the price will be going up though

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
digdugg67

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:32:59 PM

When BitCoinMarket offered PayPal as a purchasing mechanism, there was a huge influx of new capital into BTC.

Yes it was problematic due to a few scammers. But in general this was by far the easiest way to convert USD into BTC.

After PP was dropped, the volume dropped like a rock at BCM. They are still a viable exchange as they offer numerous trading options but PP was HOT!
LehmanSister (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:10:39 PM

I'd like to see a BTC driven script % purchase approach as to who will be the good v evil. Ye 'ole savings and loan, or the banks. Same thing really, but you gotta start somewhere...

Sadly I think people are missing the point. Initial script sponsorship could be funded by GPU vendors vs FPGA vendors just as easily.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: