Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HST][ICO] Horizon State - Decision Token - voting platform - sale over  (Read 24766 times)
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:28:50 PM

i have just noticed that the price of HST token is much higher than it was.. so sorry i sold it, when it was 90 cents.. thinking about buying it again. hst is a very promising project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flodner (OP)

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:18:02 PM

i have just noticed that the price of HST token is much higher than it was.. so sorry i sold it, when it was 90 cents.. thinking about buying it again. hst is a very promising project

If you sold at 90 cents don't worry, right now it's 58 cents.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decision-token/

So you can buy it as we here in thread are sure HST will rize more and more.
Or may be you mean you sold for 9 cents? If so, that's bad, but still you can buy now, yesterdat HST costed more than today, and I think it will rise in the next few days

willregan

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:33:53 PM

Me and my wife are both entered, each with 100+ coins in wallets, following on Twitter and joined Telegram! Thanks, and good luck to all your $HST coiners!

https://twitter.com/WillOReagan/status/944994154374823936

https://twitter.com/msmendesmith/status/944992547453014016
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:08:22 AM

Over the Horizon 02 - Holiday Edition. Our Marketing and Communications Manager Jason Fleurant brings you this latest update along with some humor and seasons greetings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hd32TuPAU
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 12:48:03 PM

Good luck Will and everyone with this contest!
As for me I won 1 time)) But who knows may be I might win again)

Also here are some interesting post on Steemit which I shared:
Best Horison State (HST, Future of Voting) Video interviews
https://steemit.com/video/@flodner/best-horison-state-hst-future-of-voting-video-interviews

And if you are on Reddit - let's upvote this post https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7ls49w/top_10_underrated_cryptocurrencies_for_2018/
As I remember it's close to reach the frontpage of Reddit)

metalron

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

If they can pull off their plan in a big enough setting, it would do wonders for the price I feel.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:52:55 AM

Here is my short story of Trading HST with DOGE on Cryptopia
I just posted it on Steemit https://steemit.com/doge/@flodner/trading-hst-with-doge-on-cryptopia
But reposting here for all HST fans and followers

HST (Decision Token) rose very high after Horizon State performed ICO. (I was happy to help with marketing a bit so I hold some tokens). During ICO the price of token was 0.06 USD, now price is $1.28 (and surely it will be higher when I finish writing this post).

There are several places where you can buy it, one of them is Cryptopia, on of my favorite exchanges.
There you can buy HST as well as other tokens, other crypto, not only with BTC, but also with DOGE

DOGE itself is on the rise, I remember when it costs 24 satoshi, now it's 59, and was even more yesterday.
In fact yesterday it crossed the point of 1 cent! That was important event for Doge community)

So that's how Doge trading looks, check my screenshot.

As you see, I have open orders:

I'm willing to buy HST for 94.9 Doge
    I'm willing to sell HST for 16108 Doge

Big difference, isn't it? Of course, but I'm not a trader, I do it mostly for testing and educational reasons.
I don't want to sell HST and I can't buy it a lot, as I don't have a lot of DOGE.

As you can see from My Market History somebody bought a bit of HST from me for very high price, so I got 4 and 8 DOGE. At the moment is was lowest price anyway.
Then I bought a bit of HST with the price 176, 153, 53 Doge.
Right now 1 HST = 157 DOGE
So keep this in mind if you'll be trading soon, or better check recent price with the help of crypto-calculator https://coinmarketcap.com/calculator/

SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:00:48 PM
Merited by demyan7 (2)

Why is Horizon State based on a blockchain?

Is it possible to make the world better by using a blockchain and other revolutionary technologies? I believe that it will be so. And the more people learn about these opportunities, the sooner we can use them together.

In simple terms, a blockchain is a distributed database. For simplicity, let's take, for example, a book. This is our database. To make it distributed, we will divide it into separate sheets and distribute it to different people. The distributed database was obtained. Next, we say that everyone should make copies of their sheets and also give out to different people. In the end, we get a huge distributed decentralized database - to make changes to which is impossible, since it isn’t known who has and where all the sheets. It is thanks to this particular feature - decentralization, the application of a distributed database for conducting elections of any level is more than relevant and justified.

The principles of democracy can't work fully without trust in the purity of the voting process. It is here that the logic of the whole process of democratic elections is getting weaker and weaker from year to year.

April 2016 Philippines
On the Internet was a complete database of voters: 55 million passports and unique fingerprints. Hackers carried out the action "We are for fair elections" on the eve of the May 9 elections in the Philippines, leaving an anonymous request to strengthen the protection of computers in the counting of votes.

April 2016 Turkey
One of the largest pre-election information leaks: 50 million addresses and personal data of Turkish citizens, including the Prime Minister and the President of the country. In the general access was information about almost every citizen of Turkey: there are 77.6 million of them in the country.

June 2017 Russia
The 2016 election in the US: there are still rumors that the hackers from Russia provided the victory to Donald Trump. In an interview with the American television channel NBC, Vladimir Putin said that databases are available to hackers around the world - from Asia to Australia, and it is possible that the organizers and performers of the action live in America. At the same time, neither side can firmly say whether the hacker attack in general affected the results of the elections and from where it was conducted.

So, the electoral system isn’t immune from attacks, and the results of any election can be questioned. Imagine a world in which no information can be trustworthy, because all the data can be manipulated. Imagine millions of people who don’t recognize any rules, laws and restrictions simply because no one can understand which of the rules are genuine.

In this dystopia everyone will be in the role of the hero of the old riddle about the city of liars and the city of honest people, not knowing who to believe. In the global information environment, hacker attacks will become increasingly coordinated. The main problem is that the effectiveness of digital security needs continuous support and improvement. A blockchain as a technology that can protect itself from any manipulation, looks like the best solution to the problem voiced. We just know the truth and don’t worry about trust. A blockchain is just such a technology.

The inevitability of the transition to electronic voting is noted in the European Parliament. In October 2016, Phillip Nicholas Boucher presented his draft document on the use of blockchain-technology in elections. Transparency, guaranteed by such a system, will significantly improve efficiency and honesty in the electoral process, the parliamentarian believes.

"There should be no question as to whether a blockchain is necessary for elections. There should be only one question: how to integrate a block into the existing electoral system and how this process will affect the development of democracy",the report says.

This will make absolute transparency, since the voice of any citizen immediately hitting a blockchain will be impossible to remove, replace, change. Pros, which carries a blockchain, can significantly affect how democratic procedures will be implemented in the future. The technology makes it possible to conduct elections in an open manner and record the voting results of each citizen in a blockchain , and then certify with a digital signature.

Therefore, if elections are organized according to the principle of functioning of a crypto-currency, the results will be known about a minute after the end of voting. However, the main advantage of the blockage could be the complete disappearance of distortions in the counting of votes.

In world practice, there are already examples of the use of blockchain-technology in the election process, for example, in Denmark the technology of the distributed registry was used as early as in 2014 when internal voting was held at the annual meeting of party members in Vidovre, a suburb of Copenhagen.

In the US a blockchain used candidates for inner-party positions in Texas. Also, the technology was used by the Republican Party of Utah in the voting for candidates in the primaries stage. All these cases of using a blockchain were successful, and it isn’t known about any problems that the politicians faced.

Too transparent elections.

One of the main tasks that will need to be solved when implementing the technology is anonymity. Almost everywhere in the world, voting in elections and referendums is secret, as the law says. After all, now a person who threw a ballot into the ballot box is sure that if he doesn’t want it, then no one will know who he voted for. And in the case of electronic elections, his voice will be preserved in a blockchain and will remain there forever. On the other hand, it would be possible to anonymize the vote before writing to a blockchain, but in this place there are so many vulnerabilities that attackers can use and distort the real choice of voters.

How will this work?

The main goal of Horizon State is to provide citizens of the state with an opportunity to receive information at any time with reliable accuracy about what is happening at different levels of state power. And to government officials, the completeness, authenticity and accuracy of all information will make it possible to successfully make strategically important decisions at different levels and in different spheres of state life.

How will voting work in a blockchain? Imagine that the election organizers will create digital "wallets" for each candidate or option of voting and each voter will have one electronic token HST that he can give for one of the candidates. Citizens vote anonymously through their virtual avatar, sending their HST to the purse of their chosen candidate. A blockchain fixes and confirms the transaction. The winner is determined by the number of HST-tokens in the wallet.

Voting will be available from any platform: from a personal smartphone to special city terminals. To identify users, system designers plan to enter maps, electronic keys or fingerprints - depending on what will be more convenient for users. The authors of the project hope that they will help start a new period in the country's democracy, as well as create reliable protection from external influences on the election results. If people get a guarantee of fair elections in this way, the state also doesn’t remain in the loser: citizens don’t "vote with their feet," the opposition doesn’t begin witch-hunts after every election, the risk of political catastrophes and split in the society sharply decreases.

So, Horizon State is the decision that will make the electoral system reliable, and the results of any election can’t be questioned. Obviously, a blockchain in the electoral process isn’t only useful - it is necessary:
•   Falsification of results and manipulation of the votes of voters are excluded.
•   Automatic counting of votes makes the entire voting process not only transparent, but also fast.
•   There are no vulnerabilities in the decentralized system, which can be used by hackers.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:25:59 PM

Good text and good examples provided.
I reposted it on Steemit and shared on my Twitter
https://steemit.com/blockchain/@flodner/why-is-horizon-state-based-on-a-blockchain

Also I put a link to it in geopolical subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/geopolitics/comments/7mu0en/will_election_systems_in_different_countries/
Already 4 upvotes there and it will stay on the first page at least for a while

SparkIt

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:28:56 PM

Good text and good examples provided.
I reposted it on Steemit and shared on my Twitter
https://steemit.com/blockchain/@flodner/why-is-horizon-state-based-on-a-blockchain

Also I put a link to it in geopolical subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/geopolitics/comments/7mu0en/will_election_systems_in_different_countries/
Already 4 upvotes there and it will stay on the first page at least for a while

Thank you very match, You perfectly designed my text!  Smiley

I really like your project, because it solves the most important issues.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:55:34 PM

You are welcome.
On Reddit this post created interesting discussion

And as I see upvotes go up and down (currently 2 upvotes)

rumax

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:42:09 PM

Yes indeed this is a grandiose project, but it must be adopted at the state level! By the way, I had a question: how will the token circulate?

For example, voting will take place, that is, each participant will have to send 1 token in a certain purse. What will happen next with these tokens, they will have to be redeemed back and at the expense of this price will grow or will it somehow be different?
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:57:20 PM

I think this will answer your question:

The remainder of the tokens will be liquidated on the free market by Horizon State.
As tokens are used and come in, they will be entered into a pool of ready-to-be-recirculated tokens. This pool will be returned to the market at a rate of 20% per month. This means for example that if customers used 100,000 tokens at a specific month, 20,000 of those will be sold to the market the following month.
Because tokens are used to pay for the use of the system, and as the platform is going to be using resources outside of the blockchain — the income from the sale of these tokens back to the market will be used by Horizon State as working capital, to pay the software and infrastructure providers for resources consumed, as well as other operational expenses.

You can read full text on "Horizon State Token Mechanics" here:
https://medium.com/horizonstate/horizon-state-token-mechanics-104af1dd26bd

Catalinptr

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:20:48 PM

Just bought some hst coins(first ones).Mostly because i belive in this project, in the idea of fair elections. Buying and frauding votes is a big problem for some states and decision token is the answer for them. Hst has the power to attract ppl investing for long term, people who are planning to keep their investment.
PS:  the community is awesome. Especially the telegrame channel.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 04:48:28 PM

Welcome  Catalinptr!

Here is my today's post (on Steemit you can find it here: https://steemit.com/politics/@flodner/thress-reasons-why-voting-on-blockchain-is-a-great-idea )

Three reasons why voting on blockchain is a great idea

For many years I'm interested in politics, geopolitics, political philosophy, etc.
I used to participate in elections as candidate (got less than 1% of votes, but I funded my campaign from my own money and I was independent candidate, which was very bad for that elections - almost in all districts party candidates won), as observer, as political analyst, and a bit as political technologist. Then for some time I was working as advisor to MP (and I'm still advisor on pro bono status).

That's why Horizon State's idea of voting on blockchain is very inspiring for me.
In this article I don't want to go deep into technical details, you can check them in Horizon's State white paper, and to join Horizon's community on Telegram to check all the updates of development, partnerships as well as other news from crypto world.
As for me voting on blockchain will have future benefits:

Decrease (if not elimination) of falsifications.
    Of course falsification techniques adapt to technological changes. I remember many different falsification attempts, such as bribing voters, so-called carousels, ballots stealing, wrong calculation of votes, etc.
    Accurate conduction of votes on blockchain should help to decrease the amount of falsification of votes. How exactly - this question should be developed, tested, firstly in different small votes, then may be on local levels, before the system goes to the national elections.

Cost-saving
    Blockchain and IT in general has possibility to save lots of costs. Knowing how many resources, people, are involved into elections process - I imagine that huge amounts of money can be saved and allocated to another areas.

Time-saving
    Blockchain and efficiency of voting process can save lots of time for people. I remember 1 year when the national, local and mayor elections were held in 1 day, and each person had 4 ballots, each ballot was huge and it would take at least 10 minutes just to read all the candidates, parties names. Then members of commission spent several days (!!) counting the votes. Voting on blockchain can save lots of time for everyone who is involved in elections process as organizationally, but also for all the voters - there should be less queues.

SparkIt

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

Welcome  Catalinptr!

Here is my today's post (on Steemit you can find it here: https://steemit.com/politics/@flodner/thress-reasons-why-voting-on-blockchain-is-a-great-idea )

Three reasons why voting on blockchain is a great idea

For many years I'm interested in politics, geopolitics, political philosophy, etc.
I used to participate in elections as candidate (got less than 1% of votes, but I funded my campaign from my own money and I was independent candidate, which was very bad for that elections - almost in all districts party candidates won), as observer, as political analyst, and a bit as political technologist. Then for some time I was working as advisor to MP (and I'm still advisor on pro bono status).

That's why Horizon State's idea of voting on blockchain is very inspiring for me.
In this article I don't want to go deep into technical details, you can check them in Horizon's State white paper, and to join Horizon's community on Telegram to check all the updates of development, partnerships as well as other news from crypto world.
As for me voting on blockchain will have future benefits:

Decrease (if not elimination) of falsifications.
    Of course falsification techniques adapt to technological changes. I remember many different falsification attempts, such as bribing voters, so-called carousels, ballots stealing, wrong calculation of votes, etc.
    Accurate conduction of votes on blockchain should help to decrease the amount of falsification of votes. How exactly - this question should be developed, tested, firstly in different small votes, then may be on local levels, before the system goes to the national elections.

Cost-saving
    Blockchain and IT in general has possibility to save lots of costs. Knowing how many resources, people, are involved into elections process - I imagine that huge amounts of money can be saved and allocated to another areas.

Time-saving
    Blockchain and efficiency of voting process can save lots of time for people. I remember 1 year when the national, local and mayor elections were held in 1 day, and each person had 4 ballots, each ballot was huge and it would take at least 10 minutes just to read all the candidates, parties names. Then members of commission spent several days (!!) counting the votes. Voting on blockchain can save lots of time for everyone who is involved in elections process as organizationally, but also for all the voters - there should be less queues.

All these articles gave a definite effect on the cost of the token. How do You think?
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:26:06 PM

All these articles gave a definite effect on the cost of the token. How do You think?

I hope so)) In general very good marketing of Horizon State's team is definitely causing very positive effect on token price.
Even the contest alone - it's the best contest I've ever seen)

SparkIt

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:46:20 PM

I hope so)) In general very good marketing of Horizon State's team is definitely causing very positive effect on token price.

But I unfortunately had no positive emotions from the contest. Because I daily tweeted posts and spent my time writing a big article. And the result was zero. I even asked in twitter why the winners were only 9, instead of 20 as stated in contest rules. But no one answered me.
rumax

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:36:26 PM

In fact, everything is simpler - you just need to be noticeable with a good idea, the market is now growing rapidly and you can get good capitalization due to this! With so many coins, the price will please investors!
Catalinptr

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

Defintely a keeper. Glad i bought this at 1.20$. Had no much info about team or community, but the idea is great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: