Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The value of the D3 vs L3+ why is the L3 more expensive??  (Read 1243 times)
Brokerstar (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:39:16 AM

I have S9 miners, two L3+ miners and several D3 miners from
Bitmain and I don't know if I'm missing something here, but I can't wrap my head around why the L3+ is their most expensive miner??

I'm fairly new to the forums so please don't shoot me down too hard if this has been covered already, I couldn't find an answer in the search box.

Broker
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:55:36 PM

The return on the L3+ is probably going to be higher since Scrypt has a TON MORE HASHRATE ALREADY (as measured in L3+ units) than X11 does (as measured in D3 units) and therefore any L3+ is going to have a lot less effect on profitability.

I anticipate that the return on an L3+ by the time the last batch ships in November will be quite a bit higher than the last batch of D3 (which was released at the SAME TIME and has not yet sold out) will be by that point.

Based on the best estimates I've seen of D3 sales, the number of D3 units sold already are ON THEIR OWN going to multiply X11 hashrate by a factor of over 10 times what is was before they started selling - the L3+ has been selling for several months and some batches have already BEEN delivered and are in use, so that the current "sold but not yet delivered" batches aren't even going to DOUBLE Scrypt hashrate in that timeframe.

Then there are the gorillas in the room - the L3+ is the most efficient scrypt miner right now, and even the best of the "new announcements" is going to only BARELY be more efficient.

The D3 is not even the most efficient CURRENTLY SHIPPING unit, and if the A5 meets it's published specs the D3 is going to end up as the *4th most efficient" unit - and it's not even CLOSE to the 2 most efficient announced units.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Brokerstar (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:01:06 PM

The return on the L3+ is probably going to be higher since Scrypt has a TON MORE HASHRATE ALREADY (as measured in L3+ units) than X11 does (as measured in D3 units) and therefore any L3+ is going to have a lot less effect on profitability.

I anticipate that the return on an L3+ by the time the last batch ships in November will be quite a bit higher than the last batch of D3 (which was released at the SAME TIME and has not yet sold out) will be by that point.

Based on the best estimates I've seen of D3 sales, the number of D3 units sold already are ON THEIR OWN going to multiply X11 hashrate by a factor of over 10 times what is was before they started selling - the L3+ has been selling for several months and some batches have already BEEN delivered and are in use, so that the current "sold but not yet delivered" batches aren't even going to DOUBLE Scrypt hashrate in that timeframe.

Then there are the gorillas in the room - the L3+ is the most efficient scrypt miner right now, and even the best of the "new announcements" is going to only BARELY be more efficient.

The D3 is not even the most efficient CURRENTLY SHIPPING unit, and if the A5 meets it's published specs the D3 is going to end up as the *4th most efficient" unit - and it's not even CLOSE to the 2 most efficient announced units.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with that. 👌😊
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: