Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is happening with Dogecoin  (Read 944 times)
crim3s (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Has dogecoin ever been consider a real reliable coin?
Dumping at extreme levels  Cry
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:28:00 AM

for a long time ,i didnt buy this coin , i saw it rose , and being dumped, i thought at 40 its gonna rise again , so i bought it and instead of rising it were dumped, so i bought again at 32, 28, 25  and 23 ( i would buy it at 20 also if i had more btc) .... its not rising at all .....

what dit i missed??

aaah i think i missed this :

Before all this China banocalypse,the largest DOGE exchange in China,BTC38 had about 11.46 billions of DOGE in their cold wallet - D8EyEfuNsfQ3root9R3ac54mMcLmoNBW6q. From 13-15th.Sep,about 50% went to Poloniex and Bittrex,causing massive drop of price from 36 to 22 sat.Now, there are 6.2 billions of DOGE in BTC38 Doge wallet ,so we have to expect one more big wave of selling till to final closure of exchange.Problem is that market on Poloniex and Bittrex is not so deep to absorb one more big wave of selling - just 2 billions deep of DOGE Buy orders (to 7sat) on Poloniex.We will probably see DOGE on all time low price, 4-7 sat and then slow recovery.

gonna make an buy wall at 10 , you knever know Smiley
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:32:10 AM

It might be because doge has an unlimited coins.
So with its amount of coins that never ends, if so, it's gonna be so hard for the price to go up.
I personally use doge only for small transactions, such as wd or deposit to other exchanges.
Before all this China banocalypse,the largest DOGE exchange in China,BTC38 had about 11.46 billions of DOGE in their cold wallet - D8EyEfuNsfQ3root9R3ac54mMcLmoNBW6q. From 13-15th.Sep,about 50% went to Poloniex and Bittrex,causing massive drop of price from 36 to 22 sat.Now, there are 6.2 billions of DOGE in BTC38 Doge wallet ,so we have to expect one more big wave of selling till to final closure of exchange.Problem is that market on Poloniex and Bittrex is not so deep to absorb one more big wave of selling - just 2 billions deep of DOGE Buy orders (to 7sat) on Poloniex.We will probably see DOGE on all time low price, 4-7 sat and then slow recovery.
So that's what happened, huh.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:42:19 AM

It is a trash coin, no doubt about that but it is the best trash coin and its coin distribution is not fair so this dump seems very normal to me. Keep away from this kind of coins.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:51:56 AM

All people have no profit when investing in Doge, which causes the market to drop in price in just two months. I hope the Doge development team needs to take measures soon because I am so disappointed with this market.
kaltun

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

It might be because doge has an unlimited coins.
So with its amount of coins that never ends, if so, it's gonna be so hard for the price to go up.
I personally use doge only for small transactions, such as wd or deposit to other exchanges.
So that's what happened, huh.

i think so , dont have other explanation....
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:37:51 AM

Just look up the history charts of dogecoin and Bitcoin. Dogecoin is, like many alts, the bitcoin price with little differences. Although it is an infinity coin, it has raised its worth for years
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:27:07 PM

for a long time ,i didnt buy this coin , i saw it rose , and being dumped, i thought at 40 its gonna rise again , so i bought it and instead of rising it were dumped, so i bought again at 32, 28, 25  and 23 ( i would buy it at 20 also if i had more btc) .... its not rising at all .....

what dit i missed??

That just like a big bet in doge, If you are expecting the price will recover again but what will happen if the price will still plunged to the bottom, like i buy the doge in 7 satoshi each and in the future that worth 3 satoshi each.
TokenSchmoken

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:04:12 PM

Even with all the volatility in the market, the Chinese ban etc.....we haven't yet seen mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies/altcoins. When we do, that's when you will pumps of all sorts of coins due to hype, fomo and lack of general undmanager distancing of coins in general.
I have some doge and definitely going to hodl for this reason.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:06:31 PM

The usual pump n DUMP stuff with this coin ... nothing new. I wonder why people invest in this sh*t ? You have better chances for a profit by putting all on red lol.
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:11:01 PM

typical dogecoin moves, i still dont know why people following this one

kaltun

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:31:57 PM

what dit i missed??

That just like a big bet in doge, If you are expecting the price will recover again but what will happen if the price will still plunged to the bottom, like i buy the doge in 7 satoshi each and in the future that worth 3 satoshi each.

what will happen if it hit the bottom  ?? simple i lost some btc .....
most of the times doge are used to transfer btc from one echange to an other
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:32:15 PM

Just look up the history charts of dogecoin and Bitcoin. Dogecoin is, like many alts, the bitcoin price with little differences. Although it is an infinity coin, it has raised its worth for years

look at the long term movement whenever you want to look at the charts not only a small part of a chart. and if you do, you can see how Doge is one of those coins that keeps losing its value over time. i remember when i started Doge was worth more than 300-400 satoshi and now it barely keeps the 100s

it is an interesting theory that @kaltun shared above about BTC38 cold storage though.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
kaltun

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:45:49 PM

look at the long term movement whenever you want to look at the charts not only a small part of a chart. and if you do, you can see how Doge is one of those coins that keeps losing its value over time. i remember when i started Doge was worth more than 300-400 satoshi and now it barely keeps the 100s

it is an interesting theory that @kaltun shared above about BTC38 cold storage though.

i just share the theory i saw on the dogethread Smiley......

but when the doge was 400 sat , the price of bitcoin wasnt high like now, i bet that 20sat now is more then the 400 sat from then Smiley ....

its an old dog Smiley , one of the oldest crypto who actually began as joke ( meme)....

this is crypto , i am gonna make some 10sat wall ( i have to make btc first  Roll Eyes ), i do not think its gonna hit the 10 buuuttt you never know Smiley cause

~~~~THIS IS CRYPTO ~~~~
tranle789

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:17:37 PM

There was a time when Doge was a potential market in everyone's eyes but now it's disappearing because the market is in crisis and everyone just wants to sell dogecoin. I still believe in dogecoin but now I can't,
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:19:57 PM

No surprise Doge is doing badly, according to data available, no changes have been made to the code since 20th October, 2015, and since a burst of activity in the middle of that year, contributions have essentially ceased.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:23:53 PM

Has dogecoin ever been consider a real reliable coin?
Dumping at extreme levels  Cry

What could happen with one dead coin without any innovation? It's getting dumped.
I would recommend you to stay away. Last time I bought done was 2 years ago!

cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

As far as I know there were many many Doge stored within China and when the recent news happened this caused all of the coins to be dumped on to the much smaller European/America/RoW market, personally I have bought a few now in the low 20's and will hold on to them for a while, while it is possible the price could fall further in to the teens I think that given time it will rise again.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

As far as I know there were many many Doge stored within China and when the recent news happened this caused all of the coins to be dumped on to the much smaller European/America/RoW market, personally I have bought a few now in the low 20's and will hold on to them for a while, while it is possible the price could fall further in to the teens I think that given time it will rise again.

Why do you think Doge will rise again? Except for hope do you have other reasons?
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:09:48 PM

To be honest, doge coin created at the first is just for fun. And people got hyped then it has value. But in this new era of crypto doge coin technologies is obsolete thats why people does not use it annymore and also no further development at it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: