Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what determine BITCOIN Price ?  (Read 1350 times)
FacelessCrypto (OP)

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:30:40 PM

Its just Speculative trading .(you can make huge profit huge loss)

Wherein Stock market its intrinsic value +speculative.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kondor1030

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 02:01:55 PM

It is determined by the free market: supply vs demand
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:22:36 PM

It is somehow speculative trading but you also have to admit the truth that bitcoin proved itself as a reliable investment in these couple of years. Market value of everything is determined by its supply and demand formula, same is for bitcoin, as number of users increasing in the market its demand is increasing and so the price. The downfall in price happens due to cash out of bitcoin users from the market.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:55:32 PM

Everything surely determine by supply and demand, its an economic rules for sure. And i think bitcoin meet both requirement whether about limited supply and also high demand from growing countries, and no wonder when people start recognized it then the price will surely started to go higher  Grin
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

The main reason is the law of demand and supply. Whenever demand increases and supply decreases or remains constant then there is a rise in price and vice versa. Now, it is interesting to see the reasons behind the fluctuation of demand and supply. There are more than one reason behind it and we have seen the best example in pre and post fork period, there was literally huge supply in the market as almost everyone was selling his holding due to panic selling wave and as soon as after green signal from the network, price started rising again and crossed $5K mark which is around 150%+ growth. Now, that was not the fully organic growth so then price started falling and coming back to its original level but still, it is higher than its normal level.
johnarce

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:19:06 PM

Supply and demand determines the bitcoin price.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:44:14 PM

It's mostly supply and demand but there's alot of other factors to take into consideration. It's kinda hard to explain but i didn't understand how things went and i was in the same spot and this article helped me alot https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/determines-value-bitcoin/ give it a go.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Bitcoin price is determined by market supply and demand.
Also is a currency that is autoregulated because of the dificulty factor, it is compared to gold and also the term mining is used to the procedure to generated more bitcoins everytime a block of transactions is registered in the blockchain.
There are a lot of literature about Bitcoin. I recommend you this book:
https://www.amazon.es/Mastering-Bitcoin-Unlocking-Digital-Cryptocurrencies/dp/1449374042

it is called mastering bitcoin, it start with the basics and it goes a little deeper into technical stuff.
 Regards!
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:39:18 PM

It is determined by the free market: supply vs demand

Exactly, demand and supply are the fundamental determinants of Bitcoin prices but others use illegitimate means to influence the demand and supply in their own way by spreading false news and causing panic selling.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:17:36 AM

I think it's the demand and supply on the market coupled with miner fees and the number of transactions in the block stream. It can also be triggered by negative news in the media it positive news too.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:26:18 AM

I think it's the demand and supply on the market coupled with miner fees and the number of transactions in the block stream. It can also be triggered by negative news in the media it positive news too.

I think almost all stock are based on demand and supply. To avoid loss or to even how to control how money spreads, businesses tend to manipulate prices in what they percieved so that the commodity could last longer can last longer. Also in btc when a big investors comes in, it increases and the loss on some big sponsors greatly affects the price like how china banned trades on there country.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:37:14 AM

It is determined by the most common thing and rule on trading industry and economics,by the supply and demand.Higher demand and low supply means pump and vice versa

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:49:48 AM

I think almost all stock are based on demand and supply. To avoid loss or to even how to control how money spreads, businesses tend to manipulate prices in what they percieved so that the commodity could last longer can last longer. Also in btc when a big investors comes in, it increases and the loss on some big sponsors greatly affects the price like how china banned trades on there country.
meaning it's all based on market demand that will have an effect on bitcoin trading.
but why when big investors come in, all sponsors will potentially experience a loss?
should such a situation be beneficial as many large investors enter.
sorry if my opinion is wrong
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:07:34 AM

There are no particular reasons while bitcoin's pump and dump. It's free from anyone's influence however some decisions may effect Bitcoin's price recent example of this is Chinese govt's decision on banning btc in china.
SmokeMcPay

Activity: 168

Movement App Dev.Team

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 02:10:24 AM

The market, supply and demand  that's how bitcoin price is "regulated" like any other market.
High amounts of bitcoins in circulation means cheap prices and the most of people holding it prices increases.

Here4Trades

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:13:38 AM

As stated above supply and demand mostly, but hence you are asking about trading speculation I guess this may help you :

Last higher price on btc is between 4800 and 4900 worth, if you buy below that price and check bitcoins graphics you should know that sooner or later the price is going to be above 4800/4900, buying at cheap rates and selling them above is the key.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

Why can't bitcoin be considered free market as well? There is still supply and demand therefore its laws will still apply to bitcoin. What do you mean by intrinsic here? I think stock market is always affected by certain news about the economy of a country as well as that of the company.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:26:22 AM

Only the thing that bitcojn follows in terms of its value is the demand and supply because that is how bitcoin increases and decreases its price and nothing more, and you cannot predict when will the pump and dump happen
Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:32:02 AM

Only the thing that bitcojn follows in terms of its value is the demand and supply because that is how bitcoin increases and decreases its price and nothing more, and you cannot predict when will the pump and dump happen
The more who buys it,the more it increase in value so when China bans it and Chinese investors sell or withdraw their btc, the value of btc dcreases in it's price.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:41:53 AM

Supply and demand to put it simply.

Supply as we know it is finite and depending on the altcoin in question can vary in quantity. Some like Ethereum or Ripple are more lackluster in their known supply quantities.

Demand comes from lots of things including word of mouth and the Internet. But the most important driver of the Bitcoin price is the media. And I mean big media as in CNN, Huffington Post, Fox, CBS, etc....and even Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. One big news story can influence the price of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies dramatically. Case in point - just look at what happened this last week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: