Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Sales Website Scam Alert  (Read 992 times)
sporte77 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:17:06 PM

Yesterday (9/17/2017) - I found a site that looked legitimate to buy an Antminer D3 from. 

WWW.BOSTON-ELECTRONICS.US They had a Google AdSense ad that popped up when I searched, "Antminer D3 in stock".

I tried to order a dash mining machine (Antminer D3) from the site.  The price was good ($1849) and nobody else has them in stock - not even the manufacturer.
The ZenDesk chat operator said that they have them in stock.  I asked how do you - and not the manufacturer?  She said, "We wait until the manufacturer sells out - then sell them at a higher price".  IT seemed to good to be true.  It was....  I thought maybe Bitmain was running this site - because it was exactly like their format, text and pics.
I put in my credit card info (because I knew I'd have more protection than if I used BTC) & it said "Card declined due to security reasons".  But the page looked more like a half-baked HTML scribble page - not an official declined transaction page.  Also, NO text or call from my bank - which they ALWAYS do if there's an alert.
Next, the web store asked for payment in Bitcoin (non-traceable).  I didn't do that!  Today, a day later, when I asked the ZenDesk Chat lady: Why their site was only 2 weeks old; their address is a parking garage  in Boston (33 Arch St, Boston, MA 02101, USA) ; and the phone number listed (+1 (627)396-4944) is a Verizon cell phone that is no longer in service - their ZenDesk chat customer service operator hung up on me.
  Shortly after my interaction on their chat support - they posted that they've stopped taking credit cards and only accept BTC.  In addition, the Antminer D3 went up from $1849 (their sales price) to $2649 today!!  So, they know their scam is ending soon.

Their page footer says, "Boston Hardware Inc." - which is actually a tiny Mom & Pop hardware store in Boston.  I called them and let them know.  They were wondering why people were calling them looking for "computer stuff".  This scam has been using Google AdWords for about a week when you type in "Antminer D3 in stock".

Here is a list of the domain names they are using.  Also, their Bitmain product descriptions are either mirrored or cut and pasted onto their website.  They've messed with the domain registry to make it look like they are owned by Bitmain - with the full on Bitmain Chinese address - but with a fake email address.

bostonhardware.us
bostonltcminer.us
bostonbtcminers.us
bostonelectronic.us
boston-electronics.us

In the "About Us" page, they say they are the  "Brooklyn Store" - but when you google that name with antminer - all those domains are shut down...
mrkubanftw

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

Yesterday (9/17/2017) - I found a site that looked legitimate to buy an Antminer D3 from. 

WWW.BOSTON-ELECTRONICS.US They had a Google AdSense ad that popped up when I searched, "Antminer D3 in stock".

I tried to order a dash mining machine (Antminer D3) from the site.  The price was good ($1849) and nobody else has them in stock - not even the manufacturer.
The ZenDesk chat operator said that they have them in stock.  I asked how do you - and not the manufacturer?  She said, "We wait until the manufacturer sells out - then sell them at a higher price".  IT seemed to good to be true.  It was....  I thought maybe Bitmain was running this site - because it was exactly like their format, text and pics.
I put in my credit card info (because I knew I'd have more protection than if I used BTC) & it said "Card declined due to security reasons".  But the page looked more like a half-baked HTML scribble page - not an official declined transaction page.  Also, NO text or call from my bank - which they ALWAYS do if there's an alert.
Next, the web store asked for payment in Bitcoin (non-traceable).  I didn't do that!  Today, a day later, when I asked the ZenDesk Chat lady: Why their site was only 2 weeks old; their address is a parking garage  in Boston (33 Arch St, Boston, MA 02101, USA) ; and the phone number listed (+1 (627)396-4944) is a Verizon cell phone that is no longer in service - their ZenDesk chat customer service operator hung up on me.
  Shortly after my interaction on their chat support - they posted that they've stopped taking credit cards and only accept BTC.  In addition, the Antminer D3 went up from $1849 (their sales price) to $2649 today!!  So, they know their scam is ending soon.

Their page footer says, "Boston Hardware Inc." - which is actually a tiny Mom & Pop hardware store in Boston.  I called them and let them know.  They were wondering why people were calling them looking for "computer stuff".  This scam has been using Google AdWords for about a week when you type in "Antminer D3 in stock".

Here is a list of the domain names they are using.  Also, their Bitmain product descriptions are either mirrored or cut and pasted onto their website.  They've messed with the domain registry to make it look like they are owned by Bitmain - with the full on Bitmain Chinese address - but with a fake email address.

bostonhardware.us
bostonltcminer.us
bostonbtcminers.us
bostonelectronic.us
boston-electronics.us

In the "About Us" page, they say they are the  "Brooklyn Store" - but when you google that name with antminer - all those domains are shut down...

Having a real good time trolling them right now. He's right. Call them a scammer, instant hang-up. Don't do business with these people.
mrkubanftw

Activity: 382

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

If anyone joins in, make sure to ask if they take payment in walmart gift cards lmao. They can't handle it haha  Cheesy Cheesy
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:34:45 PM

any LEGIT places to buy D3 online?

_
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:06:41 PM

Lots of scams about lately especially on here Sad
QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:24:56 PM

Having a real good time trolling them right now. He's right. Call them a scammer, instant hang-up. Don't do business with these people.

Screens so we can laugh ? Smiley

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: