Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin need promotion or will its own momentum be enough for mass adoption  (Read 997 times)
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:31:04 AM

Sporting events, billboards, brick and mortar, leaflets like the military did before the Iraqi invasion.

Hundreds of thousands or millions of plastic bitcoin molds, tossed about from the highest levels of the stadiums so it 'rains bitcoin'

Go to bars, clubs, make it rain 'bitcoin' molds. Booth's at concerts and festivals. Every major city should have major events going on at all times for the next 2-5 years.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:36:29 AM

No.  Not like that.

The media already knows that Bitcoins exist.

Maybe stories in the media about an unusual purchase, a Bitcoin will, someone discovering hundreds of thousands of "lost" bitcoins on an old hard drive from a garage sale, etc.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:43:16 AM

No.  Not like that.

Maybe stories in the media about an unusual purchase, a bitcoin will, someone discovering hundreds of thousands of "lost" bitcoins on an old hard drive, etc.

Who remembers seeing this apple commercial a million times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acWkNihaxc

... Its funny I bring this example up, I still have yet to own a single iphone. I enjoy mac laptops, but I use droid.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:01:28 AM

The best advertising would be to get as many merchants as possible to offer it as a payment option on their websites or at the register in bricks and mortar stores.  The benefits of bitcoin would then sell thenselves.

My idea combines with this are spot on, yet that will require investment in certain indivividuals to help transform what currently isnt into what it should be. I would love to do this, but i need to an income to eat up front.
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:00:35 AM

Yes, but wait for word of mouth and natural price increases first.

Patience, young padawan.
Fizpok

Activity: 344

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:08:57 AM

I work in a software development compan. Programmers here are ADVANCED. I asked 20 people, none could explain what Bitcoin is. Some do recognize the word though...

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:35:33 PM

Yes, but wait for word of mouth and natural price increases first.

Patience, young padawan.

This, along with a lot more and secure infrastructure.

Bitcoin is still a long, long way from being usable enough for any kind of masses.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4510

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:22:33 PM

The best advertising would be to get as many merchants as possible to offer it as a payment option on their websites or at the register in bricks and mortar stores.  The benefits of bitcoin would then sell thenselves.
Yes the key is getting proper legit business onboard, 'teentrepreneurs' starting small shops are great but pushing established businesses across to bit coin is a massive boost.
Having reliable infrastructure, services and exchanges who deal with fiat actually having the required licenses is another thing to concentrate on, before worrying about population coverage

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: