Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Netgear Router Issues/Internet Service Providers  (Read 266 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

I was mining with two antminers fine for about six months and turned them off in the summer.  I wanted to upgrade my router firmware and the process failed on me.  Netgear wants a huge amount of money for customer support, the router is less than a year old, and I did nothing wrong.  They have a bad reputation now for this practice.  

Comcast was giving out the IP address of 10.0.0.1 which didn't work with the old Antminer style, which is why I had to buy the router.  

To make things worse, I was assigned a dynamically changing IP address which I just had them change it to a static one (a 7*.# one).  I turned on an Antminer and the power is there but it's not engaging and I can't reach it through a browser.

Any suggestions?   Is there a way of going around netgear support and making the router work again?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: