Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could not log in Bittrex all day, lost 1.000 € because of this shit  (Read 618 times)
zorranco (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:10:08 PM

Shitty new IP mail not receiving, because outlook WORLDWIDE outage, now lasting more than 18h. Saw how EDG was starting to fail but I was confident. Tried to log in to sell, but couldn't.

Now EDG keeps falling and falling and falling and falling and falling and falling and falling, and I've lost 1.000 € (1.200 $) on this shit. Tomorrow will be 1.500$

Only because "new IP" SHITTY mail.....

A login designed by a complete deep retarded faggot. If you login and the IP is new, you must login again and redo all captchas. 2FA is optional, but "new IP" shitty email is not. Great design.
nadrojcote

Activity: 234
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:15:10 PM

Shitty new IP mail not receiving, because outlook WORLDWIDE outage, now lasting more than 18h. Saw how EDG was starting to fail but I was confident. Tried to log in to sell, but couldn't.

Now EDG keeps falling and falling and falling and falling and falling and falling and falling, and I've lost 1.000 € (1.200 $) on this shit. Tomorrow will be 1.500$

A login designed by a complete deep retarded faggot. If you login and the IP is new, you must login again and redo all captchas. 2FA is optional, but "new IP" shitty email is not. Great

Cool story bro. How about you contact their support? This is an altcoin speculation forum.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:15:26 PM

I am really sorry for your loss but I must say that is not bittrex's fault. It is microsoft's fault. But I feel like bittrex could save secondary email address for these kind of exceptional situations.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
zorranco (OP)

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:18:29 PM

Design is pretty retarded, I have a 40, yes...40 random char generated password, and 2FA activated. All, FOR WHAT??? To not be able to login in my fucking account???

When you are in 4G internet you must open the fucking mail 10 times every day....

Sry for posting here, only wanted people to know how retarded the system is, and be careful with this situation.
BMG86

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:06:36 PM

Yeah I agree, I don't like the new ip email that they require. I login with multiple devices everyday and constantly have to confirm it by email. While I do like the extra sense of security, it's more of a hassle. They really should have it store the mac address of each device rather then ip.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:12:55 PM

A login designed by a complete deep retarded faggot. If you login and the IP is new, you must login again and redo all captchas. 2FA is optional, but "new IP" shitty email is not. Great design.

Yep, im tired of the IP stuff and constantly having to check email, email isn't even safe, neither is SMS confirmations, nothing is really safe to be honest, only a strong password and not losing it, and even then you depend on whoever stores your login data to not lose it.

I guess the solution should be for them to give you two different emails so in case one fails you still would have the secondary one, because it would be insanely unlucky that both email providers are offline at the same damn time.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:20:43 PM

I'm looking for a static IP for exactly that reason, but different trade site. Basically any VPN would do, since that's tech we are using anyways - maybe for different purpose. VPN delivering static IP adresses.
(hints appreciated, send IM)
Dunno what additional amount of percieved security exactly do these additional captchas or IP change emails do provide. Just another hoop held up, to jump through?
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:24:03 PM

I'm looking for a static IP for exactly that reason, but different trade site. Basically any VPN would do, since that's tech we are using anyways - maybe for different purpose. VPN delivering static IP adresses.
(hints appreciated, send IM)
Dunno what additional amount of percieved security exactly do these additional captchas or IP change emails do provide. Just another hoop held up, to jump through?

Well, if your passwords gets stolen either by someone that works in the exchange, or hacked by someone else, they would still need to know your email's password which assuming that it is different from your login password of the exchange as it should, they couldn't enter and steal all of your money, so it's good that they ask for this. But like I said, give us the option of an alternative email in case the current email host is offline or somehow you lose access to the email, without needing to disclose your phone number.
FireBurn

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:46:19 PM

All that bittrex is doing is helping me protect my account
Camster

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:52:47 PM

Good ole Bittrex, you either love it or hate it!
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:22:30 PM

I'm using gmail and their system works just fine. I didn't have any troubles, email comes in 30 sec every time.
Tasmonid

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Economy

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

I'm using gmail and their system works just fine. I didn't have any troubles, email comes in 30 sec every time.

My yahoo mail is also very fast.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: