Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Coinbase negotiate?  (Read 489 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:01:53 PM

Does anyone know if Coinbase (not GDAX) will negotiate their rates for high volume accounts?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:14:11 PM

I doubt it.  Go with Gemini for lower fees. 
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:22:18 PM

Does anyone know if Coinbase (not GDAX) will negotiate their rates for high volume accounts?

Is there a reason to use Coinbase instead of GDAX? After getting reamed by Coinbase's fee schedule for years, I've been telling everyone I know to switch over to GDAX after discovering there is 0% fees for limit orders. I never pay fees anymore. ACH deposit to Coinbase (free) --> transfer to GDAX (free) --> Limit buy BTC/LTC/ETH (free).

It really seems like Coinbase's entire interface only exists to churn fees from people who don't like dealing with order books and exchanges. (Or from people who don't know any better)

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:08:59 AM

Is there a reason to use Coinbase instead of GDAX? After getting reamed by Coinbase's fee schedule for years, I've been telling everyone I know to switch over to GDAX after discovering there is 0% fees for limit orders. I never pay fees anymore. ACH deposit to Coinbase (free) --> transfer to GDAX (free) --> Limit buy BTC/LTC/ETH (free).

It really seems like Coinbase's entire interface only exists to churn fees from people who don't like dealing with order books and exchanges. (Or from people who don't know any better)

I never knew this and I've been using coinbase for years , I will look into this and if GDAX offers a better option I will gladly leave coinbase and use that instead.
BCMB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 12:45:37 AM

Any particular reason you'd want to purchase directly off Coinbase vs GDAX or another exchange?

bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:56:34 AM

Why didn't that click for me?  I can ACH in and out of GDAX and pay drastically lower fees with the same weekly limit I have at Coinbase?
ljtronics

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:14:19 AM

I doubt it.  Go with Gemini for lower fees. Or opening account at other Xchange like Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex, those are good & liquid
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:26:54 AM

I doubt it.  Go with Gemini for lower fees. Or opening account at other Xchange like Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex, those are good & liquid

I don't think coinbase does that  but if you're interested in my suggestions rather go for electrum wallets or blockchain wallets which are more secured and user friendly.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:37:48 AM

Thank you for letting us know. The fees at coinbase for larger orders is too high. 1.5% regardless of your order size. At least they need to have a max limit on fees.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

Thank you for letting us know. The fees at coinbase for larger orders is too high. 1.5% regardless of your order size. At least they need to have a max limit on fees.

No problem. Yeah I was really upset over the fees for a while. It's bad enough that Coinbase is always so bullish compared to the other markets. Cheesy I really don't know who came up with this % commission stuff in crypto. Whatever happened to good old flat trading fees, like on traditional brokers?

Anyway, I don't think it'll be 0% maker fees forever. But for now, they really need to ensure thick order books, especially given the ETH flash crash fiasco a few months back. So I think they'll continue to offer them until they grow significantly larger. Market orders are 0.25%, so slightly higher than other exchanges FYI.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:03:51 AM

Yeah GDAX works pretty well and has a lot of trading volume. It was formerly known as "Coinbase Exchange" so it is likely a product from coinbase people I guess.

Have been using it and did not know it does not have fees... lol. One learns by reading posts...

kafeelniazi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

it seems impossible for coinbase to negotiate with the big parties, but i think soon they will negotiate with the loser fund customers, because high fee make them to leave their wallet, so to maintain their customers in a row hey will negotiate with the newbies.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:51:20 AM

First of all coinbase is not going to be the best way to buy bitcoin if you were dealing with high amounts. If you were dealing with high amounts, go with GDAX. Essentially same thing, but with no fees.

I have never heard anyone negotiate rates with coinbase before. I'm pretty sure that they are a market maker, therefore it would be hard for them to make their rates flexible for negotiation and everyone will just start doing it.

But it's worth a try, if you have a large amount. Doesn't hurt but the response will most likely but negative.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: