Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:07:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems mining LTC but not BTC!?  (Read 692 times)
ben62884 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:19:41 AM

So I have a Gigabyte HD 7950 GPU (another one on the way) and have been only mining BTC for maybe 4 days or so, I JUST jumped on the bandwagon.  While trying to switch over to LTC I have found that I cannot get the darn thing to work at all.  No matter what miner I use it doesnt seem to work.  Reaper seems to crash, and if it doesnt, it will open itself up, and then the window will disappear immediately after i open it.  I am running Windows 8 64 bit.  Also, I have been able to get my miner working with cgminer a couple times and I get great hashrates of anywhere between 550-670 depending on my GPU settings, but my HW failure rate is through the roof.  Literally 1 HW failure every couple seconds, even when GPU is on stock settings.  And seems to me when getting those HW errors my hash rate is not being credited to me by my pool.  When I check my stats on the pool it says 0kh even though ive been mining for around 20 minutes at 500kh.  Thats before i noticed the HW error problem though, my HW error was in the 100's after running for 20 minutes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  As I believe I had very good hardware to work with, but cant seem to get it configured correctly.... i want to profit!
Geocen

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:24:23 AM

Litecoin is a Scrypt coin so you have to use --scrypt (in cgminer and bfgminer), not sure what the switches would be for others but I'm sure it's a similar idea.  And your hashrate will be more like 500 KH/s instead of MH/s but that's just the way it works.
ben62884 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:34:02 AM

Yes, I changed my config file to include the --scrypt at the beginning.  when i am mining BTC i get 550MH/s but when switching to scrypt it changes to KH/s but i am constantly getting HW errors that is my problem.  And even if i use default settings I get many many HW error in cgminer
beoswind

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:39:49 AM

ben62884 - I mine LTC on cgminer without any problem from DAY ONE (about 3 LTC/day)

http://s13.postimg.org/ftqvo7n3r/2ghs_small_no.jpg
Geocen

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:42:40 AM

With BFGMiner and BTC I use almost no switches other than the pool address, etc.  But for scrypt I have to put in shader values, intensity and worksize.  This page helped a lot :

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/05/02/litecoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-gpu-mining/

even though I'm on windows, it was still basically the same.  GPU-Z is almost a must have for gpu mining.  It will give you the shader values if you don't know them.
ben62884 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:07:13 AM

ben62884 - I mine LTC on cgminer without any problem from DAY ONE (about 3 LTC/day)

http://s13.postimg.org/ftqvo7n3r/2ghs_small_no.jpg
How exactly do I set this up to mine LTC? every time I start it the program crashes.  I've just been mining BTC since I can't get LTC to work :/
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:22:22 PM

Usually the thread concurrency is to blame.

Note: In case you havent set this up in the command prompt first. Please go start -> run -> type "cmd" -> press enter. Than type:  setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100  and press enter.

Than try these specs.

--thread_concurrency 21712  or 16834
--gpu-engine 1100
--gpu-memclock 1500

If one thread conc doesnt work, than try the other. GL   Cool

If your looking for a good LTC pool. Checkout my pool  at www.weloveltc.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: