Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2024, 09:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What headset do you guys like the most?  (Read 526 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:16:20 AM

So I've been looking around the market for awhile now at different headsets and I want to find out peoples opinions on what the nicest and most comfortable one out there is. I originally bought a Creative Soundblaster headset but holy shit the build quality was appalling. Everything else was amazing but no matter how carefully I tried to look after it the thing kept breaking, this is going to be a present for myself so I'm not going to hold back money wise when I get it.

What I look for in a headset:

. It can't be broken by me dropping it on a soft carpet by accident or placing it gently on the table ( seriously that's how bad the creative one was lol )

. I should be able to blast the music as loud as I want at 4:00am without waking anyone up

. I should feel like I'm in a theatre with the surround sound

. A decent mic would be a plus, it doesn't have to be fantastic quality but I like chatting with friends on skype

Anyone got any recommendations to make? I'm currently looking at this http://shop.sennheiser.co.uk/store/sennheis/en_GB/pd/productID.221441400, people seem to swear by Sennheiser these days and it does look better built from what I can see but would it be worth the money?
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:11:12 AM

I have a Creative Draco headset, it's a pretty decent all-rounder and not too expensive. I'm not sure if it would live up to your audiophile expectations though Tongue

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:59:28 PM

What I look for in a headset:

. It can't be broken by me dropping it on a soft carpet by accident or placing it gently on the table ( seriously that's how bad the creative one was lol )

. I should be able to blast the music as loud as I want at 4:00am without waking anyone up

. I should feel like I'm in a theatre with the surround sound

. A decent mic would be a plus, it doesn't have to be fantastic quality but I like chatting with friends on skype

Anyone got any recommendations to make? I'm currently looking at this http://shop.sennheiser.co.uk/store/sennheis/en_GB/pd/productID.221441400, people seem to swear by Sennheiser these days and it does look better built from what I can see but would it be worth the money?

The PC360 fails your 2nd criteria, as the headphones are an open design, thus it will leak sound.

A closed alternative would be the PC 350 (I personally own these and am quite satisfied) or PC 350 Special Edition (Which has the auto-muting mic and on-ear volume control like the 360).

If you're not sure if it will be worth the price, see if you can find a local dealer to try them out before you buy.  Or a local dealer with a good return policy so you can try it for a few days and return them if you end up not liking them.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:02:31 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 03:18:46 PM by pekv2

I would highly recommend http://www.head-fi.org/f/ . You might get the best input from head-fi forums. And don't be suprised when you see a $1k or more, headphones.

Edit:
Because I'm literally poor, all I could afford was senns 201's, at the time 13 bucks i payed for'em from newegg.

Even though they are cheap in price, I still take very good care of my stuff.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4vw7o4ybdcomdgr/IMG_6320.JPG

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:45:14 PM

i'd give something like these logitechs a go, I use one of the older(and more open) models currently
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-ClearChat-Comfort-Headset-Black/dp/B000UXZQ42/ref=pd_sim_e_4
being USB gives me the ability to control multiple audio outs and helps isolate them in my case a game or background music through speakers skype/teamspeak or whatnot through the headset.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:23:33 PM

Consider the Sennheiser RS Digital Wireless series. (170/180/220)

I have gotten thousands of hours of wireless, encrypted, digital enjoyment out of these so far.

Haven't been able to kill them yet, but if I ever do, I'll be getting another pair.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:03:04 PM

The PC360 fails your 2nd criteria, as the headphones are an open design, thus it will leak sound.

Didn't realise that and thanks for the suggestion, the other one you posted looks a lot better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: