Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs scam?  (Read 5405 times)
Newtiy

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:44:08 PM

Even on bitcointalk there are many scam altcoin announcements Sad
But I hope the one you invested in is a good one. So wish you good luck and high profits!)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcomo

Activity: 130

Bitcomo - First CPA Network based on Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

Check the team and its experience, the product, problem it solves, why it will have value, why they need your money. If everything is OK, invest as much as you can afford to lose.

Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

Not all, it just so happens that the one you have joined is a good project that it garnered enough support in the few days it has announced the project. It is undeniable though that there are many scam ico's right now--dunno about those exxx shitcoins...seems scammy to me Cheesy
blockchain_activist

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:44:09 PM

ICO's are certainly not scams, but they are high risk investments and deserve diligence as such. Generally, you are buying into a seed company in a rapidly changing space. There will be winners as there were in the .com era, but many ICO's lack significant backing and are vulnerable to collapse. Kudos, ICO'ing Nov 1, has my attention for this reason. They have a very strong dev team and advising board which positions them well to succeed.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

not all ICOs scam. you must do a reseach first on project what you want to invest.
I think important to check The team and Read their whitepaper.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:59:28 PM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

There is lot of scams , but there are lot of good ICOs . From my perspective all are good because I only work in signature campaigns and it is my source of money for investing. From perspective of investor everything is risky. So you should inform your self about everything before investing. If they gathered big amount of money that is probably good ICO, but it's not decisive. There are lot of good ideas and ICO's that collect small amount of money..

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
MiBambino

Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:12:05 PM

Great article!

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/why-most-icos-will-fail/

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

if you're unsure about the coin, better ask here on the forums before starting anything and hope for the best later on. A lot of to be good coins are shadowed by some scam coins with "better" offerings.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
cryptoolk

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:22:10 PM

all are not scam

you have to find the real one

its not easy but you can

EX

01 read whitepaper

02 search CEO and members background  

03 search past projects of that CEO and crew

04 whales comments for that project

05 Twitter updates and bitcointalk updates

then you fill that this is not a scam then invest .

lightstech

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:12:46 PM

Those with strong teams, real operational plans, experience at building similar platforms or technologies, and reasonable valuations can be considered. Since the tokens eventually have liquidity on exchanges and ICOs require more technical knowledge to participate, ICOs with the right set of characteristics can offer significant upside opportunities.
hormador11

Activity: 98

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:24:06 PM

ICOs are not scam. ICO is a new way to raise funds for successful companies, startups, and motivated teams. Traditionally you have to spend millions dollars on IPO, for ICO you need only smart contract.

COMSA ■ The ICO Solution for Centralized Businesses to Adopt Blockchain Technologies
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌▌▌  ICO: Oct 2nd until Nov 6th▐▐▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
■ ■ ■ WebsiteWhitepaperTwitterBlogsRedditFacebook ■  TelegramSlackBitcointalk ■ ■ ■
fateh1313

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:36:26 PM

i think we should not say scam for all because we should search personally  before investing in each and every but still we there are sum cheaters also which make questions arise on good coins also so search before investing 

Stockus Trading Platform — Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰INVEST▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook •  Pre-ICO starts on 6.11.2017 • TelegramMedium  ◆[/center
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:13:56 PM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
In the current time it is a usual assumptions that the ICOs project are scam only but in actual this is not a truth , Because most of the ICOs are more profitable for all investors but only few of them only scam ( example of indocoin that I'd told by my one of the friend , Because site was out of access and not contact available for the coin project ) .
Here the investment if big then chances are big that they will not scam Because they have an Better time with the investment money that they should start Thier project in better way ( even earlier they don't want ) .
So here it seems that your investment in the ICO is better According to investment amount that you told .
But here my strong recommendation is that you should make better research about the ICOs project before Investment and also you can ask about the ICOs legimaty in this forum for better suggestion and recommendations .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
R2-D2R2

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 07:40:37 PM by R2-D2R2

Indeed. I once wanted to launch an ICO for a coin project with a client of mine, i got hold of a DEV immediately during negotiation he wanted 30% of the ICO that would be gathered.... The problems lies that ICO's in Cryptos are so easy to set up and you will always have suckers putting money into it. Even a retard could set up a coin with an ICO and walk away with free BTC's, it has become breeding ground for fraudsters this is equivalent to premine coins being sold to noobs. Just see how many pop every week hundreds.... Newbies if you reading this , best you put your money into established coins than some nonsense ICO's that will most likely steal your btc's. As they see do not believe the hype its just a honey pot trap. ICOs are unregulated and do not provide protection to investors in case of fraud or loss so you at a very high risk. Running ICO's  frauds is easy and people can do it over and over again without fear from the law.
ICO investment should only be contemplated by experienced investors who are confident in the project raising funds newbies stay away or loose your money simple.

Holy shitballs Cheesy this is exactly what I've been talking about actually, so many of my friends keep sending me websites and stuff for new ICO's yet they don't even bother to check if the team is actually doing anything. The process you describe in that picture would honestly barely take 1 day, and you can literally make half a million dollar in 1 week doing this Most people won't fall into your trap, but some would. It's like sending out an email about being a nigerian prince and wanting to share your millions with them, provided they pay you 10K to cover expenses. if you send it to 100.000 email addresses, I'm sure 50 of them will send you the money, and boom you just made half a million bucks

MiBambino

Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:32:49 PM

Holy shitballs Cheesy this is exactly what I've been talking about actually, so many of my friends keep sending me websites and stuff for new ICO's yet they don't even bother to check if the team is actually doing anything. The process you describe in that picture would honestly barely take 1 day, and you can literally make half a million dollar in 1 week doing this Most people won't fall into your trap, but some would. It's like sending out an email about being a nigerian prince and wanting to share your millions with them, provided they pay you 10K to cover expenses. if you send it to 100.000 email addresses, I'm sure 50 of them will send you the money, and boom you just made half a million bucks

Indeed. I once wanted to launch an ICO for a coin project with a client of mine, i got hold of a DEV immediately during negotiation he wanted 30% of the ICO that would be gathered.... The problems lies that ICO's are so easy to set up and you will always have suckers putting money into it. Even a retard could set up a coin with an ICO and walk away with free BTC's, it has become breeding ground for fraudsters. Just see how many pop every week hundreds....

Exactly, we're entering a completely new world, which will benefit those who want to take advantage of the less clever

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Pixie.Star*

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:47:20 PM

The over-saturation of low quality ICO's is a huge problem currently. It's even worse now that more newcomers to crypto have been choosing this as a quick way to profit. Scammers are constantly looking for an easy get rich quick scheme and too many are willing to foolishly throw their money around. It all comes down to doing your own research and using your commonsense. It's also never wise to invest what you can't afford to lose.
starboyshuvo

Activity: 194

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:10:01 PM

yes it is. i have invested alot of ico and everytime when it launch the price is below ico price. every uckingg time.
R2-D2R2

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:15:45 PM

yes it is. i have invested alot of ico and everytime when it launch the price is below ico price. every uckingg time.

Time to stop now then. You loosing money . Best you invest in established coins instead of falling for the fraudsters.
starboyshuvo

Activity: 194

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

Time to stop now then. You loosing money . Best you invest in established coins instead of falling for the fraudsters.

true. i no longer plan to invest in any ico again.
R2-D2R2

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:16:55 PM

Indeed. I once wanted to launch an ICO for a coin project with a client of mine, i got hold of a DEV immediately during negotiation he wanted 30% of the ICO that would be gathered.... The problems lies that ICO's are so easy to set up and you will always have suckers putting money into it. Even a retard could set up a coin with an ICO and walk away with free BTC's, it has become breeding ground for fraudsters. Just see how many pop every week hundreds....

Exactly, we're entering a completely new world, which will benefit those who want to take advantage of the less clever

Its a chain of effects , if newbies took the time to read the forums they wouldn't loose their money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: