Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone willing to loan 24 BTC?  (Read 1484 times)
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:01:06 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 09:18:20 AM by puffpuffpass

I want to purchase a miner from KnC which is rated at 175gh/s. Thus I feel I can repay you back. It's really as simple as that. My entire net worth is about 11 BTC and I think I need about 24 more to cover the cost for the miner. Once I get it, the first BTC I mine will go to paying you back 24. and how about a few BTC's on top of that? Obviously this would be a generous/helpful loan and for that reason I am looking for someone with a kind trusting character that wants to help a person who is struggling to get momentum in the mining game, is also confident in KnC's ability to live up to the story they are telling. If you don't believe that they will produce what they say they will produce then I suggest you do not induce this stress upon yourself. I'm fairly confident that some day BFL will ship me my 5gh/s miner and that within it's life span it will find a block, thus this is going to be the only insurance I will be able to afford you of your 24 BTC, if KnC ends up not producing anything.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:03:26 AM

Why don't I just buy it myself, because I'm pretty sure you'll disappear if KnC has woes.

The lending section is pretty much useless right now. The only loan requests are from newbies that generally scams, intended or not, and the actual serious requests are all through websites (eg CoinLenders) or PM.
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:10:11 AM

Why don't I just buy it myself, because I'm pretty sure you'll disappear if KnC has woes.

The lending section is pretty much useless right now. The only loan requests are from newbies that generally scams, intended or not, and the actual serious requests are all through websites (eg CoinLenders) or PM.

You're right, that is a very valid point and thus I have added to my original post, but ultimately you cannot blame me or the lending section when people are forced to work with their circumstances that they have no control over, and I am one of them. Like I said, this is going to take someone who wants to help, trusts KnC so that they are not stressing over the loan, and wants to get a small reward for their help. I will be grateful and give the most I can give in return, but obviously I cannot predict just how high the difficulty will be when I receive the miner so like I said, I will throw in a few BTC's on top of the 24. In the best case scenario, I get it before the year ends and the difficulty hasn't gone too high, and I will give my lender a generous amount of BTC after paying back the initial amount.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:19:45 AM

In either case, the profit (even without CP risk!) is greater if you just buy the unit yourself. The only reason why you'd want to fill this loan is for charity, and that would be a pretty stupid idea because the CP risk of someone registered April this month is way too high..

You're not special. Millions of people are in dire financial situations, and begging for money (because this is not a good loan, this is charity / donating) is best reserved for your friends and family or your government versus internet strangers who quite honestly don't have much faith in humanity anymore after losing a total of ~hundreds of millions of dollars in scam schemes.

I am not blaming you for the situation you are in, only for how you choose to approach it. It would be nice to imagine that someone else will get you out of your situation, but that isn't practical - change has to come from yourself, not begging for money on an internet forum.
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:22:17 AM

In either case, the profit (even without CP risk!) is greater if you just buy the unit yourself. The only reason why you'd want to fill this loan is for charity, and that would be a pretty stupid idea because the CP risk of someone registered April this month is way too high..

You're not special. Millions of people are in dire financial situations, and begging for money (because this is not a good loan, this is charity / donating) is best reserved for your friends and family or your government versus internet strangers who quite honestly don't have much faith in humanity anymore after losing a total of ~hundreds of millions of dollars in scam schemes.

I am not blaming you for the situation you are in, only for your behavior.

Am I really a total stranger/not part of the Bitcoin family? I guess that is so. Thank you.

edit: and by the way, it is a loan, because I intend on paying it back. a charity/donation is not paid back.

another edit to respond to what you added in your edit: I don't need change, I need a loan. I'm not sure why you think I need to change myself. Does my wealth define me or anyone else? because that is the connection you have made and I feel it's ironic for you to bring your radical ideology to this thread where it has no place.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:24:35 AM

Roll Eyes

"fuck you"

"Don't deposit to this website, it's rigged and the owner is a worthless snob who will get what's coming to him." > sealswithclubs

"Indeed, they are against that which makes Bitcoin great. What a fucking joke." > referring to this forum

"It was mainstream from the start. If anything, you adopting it detracts from mainstream more than it adds. Moron."

"no, dumbass."

"So many words come from the female gender, yet such little meaning, if any at all, in their words."

"0" > after being discouraged when spamming (?) on CoinChat doesn't give you any rewards because the algorithm detects spamming

"wow, you're stupid." > In response to a mostly civil discussion

"you're clearly having this issue on a regular basis. btw, please wear nicer attire at this WSOP. thanks." > to Micon

"I guess I'll just find a way to steal it then." > to sealswithclubs

"Keep talking out of your ass, douche. You won't change my mind and the minds of many who feel it is rigged, now fuck off."

That last line. Also, it is charity because you will not be paying it back. KnC is a scam, you're like the deluded MiningUnited "it's not a ponzi!" people.
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:28:22 AM

Roll Eyes

"fuck you"

"Don't deposit to this website, it's rigged and the owner is a worthless snob who will get what's coming to him." > sealswithclubs

"Indeed, they are against that which makes Bitcoin great. What a fucking joke." > referring to this forum

"It was mainstream from the start. If anything, you adopting it detracts from mainstream more than it adds. Moron."

"no, dumbass."

"So many words come from the female gender, yet such little meaning, if any at all, in their words."

"0" > after being discouraged when spamming (?) on CoinChat doesn't give you any rewards because the algorithm detects spamming

You see I am not bothered that you bring these quotes to my thread. I'm not hiding my humanity as you can clearly see. I go through many different trains of thought and I utilize the forum to express those states of mind. If I were not to do that, I would be socially irresponsible.

edit: Do you really feel KnC is a scam? What about TerraHash? I'm torn between the two, sometimes leaning more on KnC, and other times Terra. Sometimes I think they are all ponzi's but I thought I was a minority in this opinion. Clearly not.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:29:32 AM

"I guess I'll just find a way to steal it then."

"why would the difficulty go to 700 million?"

Are you serious??

The bitcoin network is going to get somewhere around 500 TH/s added this year. TH/s. Even assuming they are not a scam, the only really profitable mining ventures are the mining companies, NOT miners.
bennett616

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:30:44 AM

.......Awkward

Andy B

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:31:44 AM

"I guess I'll just find a way to steal it then."

"why would the difficulty go to 700 million?"

Are you serious??

The bitcoin network is going to get somewhere around 500 TH/s added this year. TH/s.

How is that possible if all the mining companies are scamming people?  Huh

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

ASICMINER has hundreds of TH/s on order. They don't scam, they ship in like 2 days.

Butterfly labs: I don't think it's a scam, I just think they are horribly incompetent, but they *might* ship something this year.

Avalon: Will ship

All the rest: most likely scams if they claim to be making their own ASIC chips. I've looked in them, and no, only idiots buy into them.
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:34:01 AM

ASICMINER has hundreds of TH/s on order. They don't scam, they ship in like 2 days.

Butterfly labs: I don't think it's a scam, I just think they are horribly incompetent, but they *might* ship something this year.

Avalon: Will ship

All the rest: most likely scams.

Why would TerraHash/KnC scam? They seem to be producing some compelling evidence that they are not. The vibes I get from KnC is that they want to help the Bitcoin community.

TerraHash released this CAD rendering today:

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:36:02 AM

So did bASIC / Tom.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:37:55 AM

In addition, how many times do I have to state that mining is a highly competitive business. Not a hobby, a business. We're not in the CPU days anymore. Economics of scale, etc. You are wasting your time mining.

Who gets rich.. the gold diggers, or the companies that sold shovels?
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:43:04 AM

In addition, how many times do I have to state that mining is a highly competitive business. Not a hobby, a business. We're not in the CPU days anymore. Economics of scale, etc. You are wasting your time mining.

Who gets rich.. the gold diggers, or the companies that sold shovels?

Truth is that both got rich and both got poor. Life is like that. Everyone faces ups and downs. Sometimes these rich guys find themselves lonely with no real friends by the time they are 90, and commit suicide. Some life.

I do not want a loan from anyone who does not believe they will get it back some how or another. I want believers on my side.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:44:05 AM

Do you understand that mining is not something you do as a hobby, but it is an actual business? With employees and datacenters?
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:45:26 AM

Do you understand that mining is not something you do as a hobby, but it is an actual business? With employees and datacenters?

Maybe if you're dealing in TH. GH is still doable as a hobby. Don't exaggerate the reality of things.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:48:08 AM

If you're lucky / on the core dev team / foundation and has early access to ASICs, then sure you might be able to make a profit. But for most, their blissful "I'm going to make ROI on my ASIC preorders" imaginations will be shattered.

See this: http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/the-problem-with-pmbs-ie-perpetual-mining-bonds/

How much depreciation in %/year do you estimate for a miner?
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:56:13 AM

If you're lucky / on the core dev team / foundation and has early access to ASICs, then sure you might be able to make a profit. But for most, their blissful "I'm going to make ROI on my ASIC preorders" imaginations will be shattered.

See this: http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/the-problem-with-pmbs-ie-perpetual-mining-bonds/

How much depreciation in %/year do you estimate for a miner?

Ok, difficult is at 12,000,000 now (rounding by the million). Let's say KnC keeps their word and I get my miner before the end of the year. Is it reasonable to assume that the difficulty won't be 10x what it is today? I know a lot of TH/s will be added to the network, but if I honestly thought it would be over 10x what it is today, I really wouldn't bother. Even at 120,000,000 I'm able to get my mine ฿22~ in only a month. Let's take a more reasonable estimate that within a year, 120,000,000 is the average difficulty I experience, thus a mere ฿264 of the millions mined that year will be in my wallet. Am I being unreasonable? I think the greatest risk would obviously be KnC, but I'm willing to take that risk and leave as little exposure to risk as I possibly can to the lender. That's the circumstance I'm working with and if it's wrong then I have no more to say to you specifically.

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:00:36 AM

Also remember, as difficulty goes up, so does the scarcity of Bitcoins and thus the price increases, making the few bitcoins I mine per week worth enough to add more GH/s to my hobby, and if I must, I'll partner with someone to take it to the next level (which I don't personally foresee as ever being necessary.) Let's put this into perspective.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: