Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Armory not showing transaction that blockchain info shows  (Read 527 times)
D3LTA9 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:24:50 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 05:47:50 AM by D3LTA9

https://imgur.com/q8ivGNA

I have not used my armory wallet in a while and restored it the other day. When I restored it I did not notice that I was getting these conflicting messages. I then sent some BTC to my address (using receive bitcoins like normal). But the nothing is showing.

The address it gave me is showing as confirmed that the BTC is in there using blockchain.info but not in armory.

I now have fixed the conflicting connection messages issue (bitcoin-qt wasnt running properly) but still cannot see anything in my transaction history?

Does that mean the address armory gave me when I initially attempted to receive bitcoins (when I still had the "armory online/node offline" message) was not actually right one and my BTC have gone to some random wallet?

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:55:24 AM

Armory will not give you a wrong address.  Most likely, your Bitcoin Core installation is not yet synced with the blockchain.
D3LTA9 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:47:51 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 08:50:24 AM by D3LTA9

Thanks for the reply.

Something I do not fully understand is that everytime armory generates a receive address it is different right? It generates a new address associated with said wallet and all BTC sent to any of the addresses goes to the same wallet, correct?

As I said, I can see the BTC confirmed when to the first address it generated when the node was offline but if I generate a new one it won't show any transactions going to that address. Obviously, because that is correct, BTC has gone to the wallet but done so via another address so any further ones I generate wont show any blockchain info as nothing has happened to those specific addresses.  

But if you say use an old address then it may longer be associated with the wallet right? I have seen warnings on this on wallets associated with online marketplaces for buying cryptocurrency. What I was worried about was that the first address armory generated was technically a really out of date address as it fully had not connected to the blockchain despite armory saying it was online and me thinking my wallet had restored. And being an old address would mean my BTC is lost?

However, you think it is more likely that the bitcoin core install simply has not fully synced with the blockchain and thus when it does, armory should show the latest transaction? I thought when armory was connected and the node was online that was full sync so should show then? Should I maybe start fresh and redownload the blockchain and rebuild databases etc?

Sorry hope that makes sense and sorry for what I am sure is a noob/rtfm questions.

Cheers

EDIT: Whoops, just ran bitcoin core separately and the blockchain doesnt seemed to have fully synced. Just did not notice it as it was running in the background and I assumed armory would say that it was still syncing. Hopefully when it is done I should have my BTC...
D3LTA9 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:34:11 AM

Armory will not give you a wrong address.  Most likely, your Bitcoin Core installation is not yet synced with the blockchain.

So after syncing the blockchain fully I still cannot see my BTC.

If I go into my address book I can see the address 19oeUQCyvAHQ54hjFPWK2v5gXhxJ8S1MTp (it is address 21 and the #Tx value is 0 and the balance says 0.00)

If you put that address into blockchain info:

https://blockchain.info/address/19oeUQCyvAHQ54hjFPWK2v5gXhxJ8S1MTp

It clearly shows the transaction going to this address a couple of days ago.

What is going on that I cannot see the BTC in my Armory wallet?

Thanks for any help!
D3LTA9 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:47:24 AM

Finally it appeared! Had to delete the Armory folder and rebuild databases again and run bitcoin core manually instead of letting it auto run in the background.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: