Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Modeling BIOS can damage a graphics card?  (Read 287 times)
kamBlanV (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:48:07 AM

I see my friend doing BIOS mods to increase the speed of hash rate in mining.
my question, Will BIOS Modding can make damage a graphics card?
if so, what to do so that the graphics card that we use is not easily damaged.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:53:10 AM

If you flash a wrong bios you can brick your card. There are several ways to recover, but sometimes it can be difficult. Especially with Pascal NVIDIA cards.

You can also damage the card if you change params in a stupid way, let's say increase max temperature to 150 celsius degrees.

There days you can find plenty of guides about how to mod the bios of AMD cards, follow one of them strictly and you shouldn't have problems, but mind the params that you change
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:10:23 AM

No, not really If you know what you're doing then you can do modding it can increase your hashrates and possible earnings,

you can downclock or overclock your card settings, however, do that at your own risk, If you bricked your card it can be pain to revive it again.

there are topics here intended for modding different type of cards, read and read and ask questions. Good luck
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:43:48 AM

Yes it can damage permanently, that is why some manufactures are not granting warranty for gpu cards used for mining. The process of downvolting, overvolting and memory changing timings too aggressive is against how a normal product was meant to run. If you do then the question is when the card is going to stop running, it could be days, months, years, decades, who knows. You also should be very careful about safe regulations as well.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: